JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i dont get offended/ take things to heart on an open forum very easilly. i dont have anyone on my ignore list, if someone says something dumb i usually just move to the next post or even next thread. its whatever.

i dont get offended/ take things to heart on an open forum very easilly. i dont have anyone on my ignore list, if someone says something dumb i usually just move to the next post or even next thread. its whatever.

I've been here coming up on 6 years. A Mod for 2 and change. I've never put anyone on ignore.

I think this is a hard needle for moderators to thread. I quit ifish in disgust awhile back; the over-moderation there has turned the place into a locker room of passive aggressive middle school girls. That's what tends happens when you don't let guys argue things out, within reason. The sad thing is, ifish was *somewhat* like NWFA maybe 8-10 years ago, just hardcore fishermen helping each other out. That being said, I'm also glad the mods here boot the obvious trolls quickly - there are honest differences in opinion that can get heated and then there are just those people that are out to ruin things.

I was glad to find NWFA, and have happily made it my 'new' home. The Internet has become such an ad-filled, click-baited wasteland that there just aren't that many sites I like to frequent anymore, and it also takes forever to dig through the junk when researching anything.

I would advise just using the ignore button if the member is getting on your nerves, it's always a bummer when long standing members who contribute a lot of knowledge leave a forum due to the behavior of a few.

I think this is a hard needle for moderators to thread. I quit ifish in disgust awhile back; the over-moderation there has turned the place into a locker room of passive aggressive middle school girls. That's what tends happens when you don't let guys argue things out, within reason. The sad thing is, ifish was *somewhat* like NWFA maybe 8-10 years ago, just hardcore fishermen helping each other out. That being said, I'm also glad the mods here boot the obvious trolls quickly - there are honest differences in opinion that can get heated and then there are just those people that are out to ruin things.

I was glad to find NWFA, and have happily made it my 'new' home. The Internet has become such an ad-filled, click-baited wasteland that there just aren't that many sites I like to frequent anymore, and it also takes forever to dig through the junk when researching anything.

I would advise just using the ignore button if the member is getting on your nerves, it's always a bummer when long standing members who contribute a lot of knowledge leave a forum due to the behavior of a few.

We will NEVER be like eyefishers.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads