JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a suggestion thread. If you like the idea, use the up arrow to the right of the first post to upvote. Suggestions with more votes get higher priority.
Reactions
Currently if you block/ignore someone it not only hides their content from you, it also hides your content from them. It should not do this, if they do not wish to see your content they have a block/ignore button of their own. If your content is hidden from them it can make it more difficult for them to continue participating in conversations that other people are having on the topic, as they will be missing half the context of that conversation. This allows someone to fragment small sections of the community without the consent of other members by making certain conversations almost entirely opaque to the blocked member. This should not be a possible function of the block/ignore feature, and for this reason I think that that feature should be one way only. If you block/ignore someone you will not see their content, but they will still have full visibility of yours. They will still be able to quote and interact with that content in order to participate in the conversation with other members, but you will not be alerted to or see any of that content (including not being able to see their quotes by other members, just as it works now). This would reduce the power of the ignore button to fragment the community and would reduce the impact on the blocked user.

For those that like not seeing the content of those that have ignored them, there could be an "automatically ignore back" option on the user profile that would maintain the current functionality.

Last Edited:
Someone doesn't like how Joe runs his forum and want's it done his way, then 15 pages of people jumping on for/or against with the usual thread drifts for Sig bashing by the usual parties. You didn't miss much.
I known! The utter audacity of suggesting a change to the way the form operates in a section specifically set up by @Joe Link for members to . . . (checks notes) . . . make suggestion on the way the form operates

How DARE he!

EyeRoll.gif

You havent lived 'til ya get poop in your mouth.

I'm still grossed out and the kid's been potty trained for 18 years...
My kid peed on his own face while I was changing him. He had a look of utter bewilderment. I, on the other hand, was dying of laughter, gasping for air and leaning against the bed in a futile attempt to stay upright. The commotion got the wife's attention and she came in to see the kid pissing a perfect arc onto his face and me laying across the bed just trying to stay alive. She tossed a wipe over the problem and finished the job while I held my sides trying to recover, giggling like a madman. . . To this day she maintains this is a perfect example of the difference between men and women when it comes to child rearing.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top