JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So for discussions' sake let's say the Shrew gets elected and goes full AWB. While ramping up for it they mine all possible sources of data, internet sales, transfers, Forms, etc. No grandfather clause....anybody think they'd be satisfied with confiscating nekkid lowers since that legally is the "firearm"?

Having recently done a transfer whilst having a "permit" it still shocked me the amount of paperwork and sweating on the FFL's part. i.e. middle initial and not name on credit card vs. middle name on driver's license, etc. etc. so at the end of the day I felt like he felt he was doing me a big favor collecting $45.00 and the tax. What a big smokin' pile of sheeiiite we are dealing with now.:mad::s0137:

Brutus Out

what if none of your lowers has a serial number on them?:cool:

If they do a buy back, I will be turning in my polymer lower that I F-ed up and wont function. And my flat lower that I silver soldered since I wont even try shooting that one. Definitely looked to get my money back on those

I could be wrong, but door to door or some sort of coerced confiscation will result in some bad things happening. This is not Britannia or Australia

If they come to your door looking to confiscate, by your natural born right and your constitutional right.. Put down as many of those MFers you can before they take you down. Ideally letting someone know what was going on via phone call or video of the entire thing so it could go viral.

Honestly, should they go that far, They'd play the wussy card and have a mandatory turn in date, then punish anyone who still had said firearms after the AWB turn in date.
These would be tack-ons to what ever else you were getting charged with should they have reason to search you, your vehicle or property, which they'd need a warrant for unless they claimed probable cause.. anyway..

So, you would have had to have stood out more than other folks to become a target.

Essentially its unenforceable.

If its time to worry about burrying your weapons or having decoy firearms for them to confiscate instead of your secret cache. Then, that is ultimately the time to rise up and lynch these tyrants. Or perhaps even soon before that.

^
I say all of the above not as a threat, but a warning. If that line in the sand is crossed via tyranical government overreach and you have armed men and women at your door there to steal your property and illegally incarcerate you.. Then yes, I DO think you have the right to defend your life and livelihood by any means possible. But thats just my opinion. YMMV.

They will never do this. They only need to create an unenforceable law and wait for some other instance to get you, such as actually using the now ileagal firearm for anything other than a pretty thing to fondle when you are alone.
They are expecting people to skirt the law. They do not care, they will use those as an example that are then stupid enough to actually defend themselves with it. Again making them useless to anyone with anything to lose.
I hope your comment was a joke is all I can say...

I don't expect confiscation will ever happen, save for a few key cases where they want to try and intimidate to make a point. Rather, they will get us through legislation, making things progressively more illegal, and likely, less available. One thing about these folks, they are remarkably patient. They'll work for decades, trying and failing, winning and trying again. Each new win gives them just that much more power over us.

Want to know what we'll eventually be in for? If something doesn't change, I would expect much of the country will end up like Washington D.C. - the technical right to bear arms, but so many laws and restrictions that it will be impossible to buy or own them. It won't happen tomorrow, or even next year, but 10 years from now, 20 years from now, it could happen.

That is, unless enough Americans stand up and say f-you! Enough is enough. Take them out in the elections, get them out of office, show them there are serious consequences to attacking our rights.

If they come to your door looking to confiscate, by your natural born right and your constitutional right.. Put down as many of those MFers you can before they take you down. Ideally letting someone know what was going on via phone call or video of the entire thing so it could go viral.

Honestly, should they go that far, They'd play the wussy card and have a mandatory turn in date, then punish anyone who still had said firearms after the AWB turn in date.
These would be tack-ons to what ever else you were getting charged with should they have reason to search you, your vehicle or property, which they'd need a warrant for unless they claimed probable cause.. anyway..

So, you would have had to have stood out more than other folks to become a target.

Essentially its unenforceable.

If its time to worry about burrying your weapons or having decoy firearms for them to confiscate instead of your secret cache. Then, that is ultimately the time to rise up and lynch these tyrants. Or perhaps even soon before that.

^
I say all of the above not as a threat, but a warning. If that line in the sand is crossed via tyranical government overreach and you have armed men and women at your door there to steal your property and illegally incarcerate you.. Then yes, I DO think you have the right to defend your life and livelihood by any means possible. But thats just my opinion. YMMV.

With the ability of some smart phones to live stream video to the internet, as well as the ability to set up cameras in your home that could live stream/upload any video to the internet, I imagine the time is coming soon that the government folks won't be able to confiscate video devices and stop the video of their overstepping from getting out. And once it's on the net, they can't stop it. The more common live streaming uploads become, the more the American people are going to get uncensored looks at what is happening when the government goes ballistic on it's citizens.

Well, I have already sworn my kids to avenge me if some yo yo driver hits and kills me on my motorcycle so I'll just have to add another codicil to my will.
I hope enough Americans will vote for the 2A this time. Because here's the thing.... the supporters of it have most of the mean ol firearms.
Brutus Out

Well, I have already sworn my kids to avenge me if some yo yo driver hits and kills me on my motorcycle so I'll just have to add another codicil to my will.
I hope enough Americans will vote for the 2A this time. Because here's the thing.... the supporters of it have most of the mean ol firearms.
Brutus Out

If they don't vote pro-2A then the must really not care. I don't think any time in history before has there been a viable presidential candidate that has all but promised to come for our guns. Every gun owner, regardless of party, if they care anything about their gun rights, needs to send a clear message in 2016 that attacking our gun rights will absolutely cost them an election.

what if none of your lowers has a serial number on them?:cool:

If they do a buy back, I will be turning in my polymer lower that I F-ed up and wont function. And my flat lower that I silver soldered since I wont even try shooting that one. Definitely looked to get my money back on those

Did you save all the shavings from machining your Ploymere receiver? I F-ed one up also and I kept all the shavings. I have built a small smelter to remelt the plastic shavings and I am going to pour that back into the pocket and remachine once it is cooled. My little smelter will also melt aluminum. I am going to do the same thing with an aluminum 80% I F-ed up also. Then remachine. Why are you sacred of test firing your soldered flat lower?

Did you save all the shavings from machining your Ploymere receiver? I F-ed one up also and I kept all the shavings. I have built a small smelter to remelt the plastic shavings and I am going to pour that back into the pocket and remachine once it is cooled. My little smelter will also melt aluminum. I am going to do the same thing with an aluminum 80% I F-ed up also. Then remachine. Why are you sacred of test firing your soldered flat lower?

I dont think they are worth the time to salvage since I have several 80% aluminum lowers waiting to get done and I can do a good job with them. The polymer one was purely for practice.

Just as I would not hand over my right to free speech without a fight, or my right to go to church (or not) without a fight, I won't be doing that with my right to own firearms.

There aren't enough police, military, fireman, park rangers, security guards, dog catchers or "concerned citizens" to come and get every gun. Even if the weak turned in a quarter of what is out there, that would mean that there would be a gun for every third person, instead of everyone in America.

I ain't "handing" anyone a damn thing. :s0148:

I could be wrong, but door to door or some sort of coerced confiscation will result in some bad things happening. This is not Britannia or Australia

They didn't knock on doors in the UK I don't think. They struck while the iron was hot and everyone handed them in like good boys and girls. You can still own guns in the UK, but no pistols or center fire semi-autos. I've said this before though.

What is most interesting to me regarding my poor sodding country, is that all this happened with guns, then blank firing guns and replicas start getting band because criminals started using them to rob banks, and getting themselves shot because they're too realistic to tell apart.

Then knives get restricted, and I bubblegum you not collectable swords! All of it in the news, and then a very prominent Police Commissioner resigns saying he can no longer do his job because Great Britain is very quickly becoming an Orwellian state, and nobody shakes a stick at it.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads