JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I need to make this clear before people get the wrong impression of me. I believe Joe Biden is inept. He clearly has dementia. I didn't vote for the guy, nor would I ever consider voting for him. But this idea that he will take our right to own a firearm is absolutely insane. Biden is about as conservative as a Democrat can be without being called a republican. This idea that he is some radical leftist is absolutely laughable. Anyone who says this has not followed that morons career or voting record.
You should learn more:

'Bingo, the fact is they should be illegal, nobody needs an assault rifle' - Biden in response to an interviewer asking him what people should think who claim he (Biden) wants to take their guns.

For those saying restrictive GC could never happen through regulatory shenanigans, how many thought 20 months ago we would be at this point? Incrementalism.

And yes, it is blatantly unconstitutional, just like a whole slew of other laws and regulations currently law of the land. Sorry if I'm not overly confident in the correct outcome.
Some people's definition of "it will never happen" is that it hasn't happened so far in their lifetime. These people are seemingly also willfully ignorant of nearly all world history relevant to such an ignorant viewpoint.

Has anyone considered setting the argument about Covid over in the corner along with the argument about the 'vaccine' and focus more on the fact those two issues are being used to bring forward a greater and more nefarious agenda?

Look at the big camp in Australia supposedly for quarantine….except when asked how they would handle any one of the 'quarantined' who comes down with CV, they said they would be flown out to one of the big hospitals.

At that camp is an airport. They are in the process of getting approval for 'international' flights….why?

The news paints a brief image of a cabin/camp type scenario with a lady getting tested on her porch there, but the reality are tents with racks and rows of bunks crammed together. Reminds me of a time past….time for your hot shower and then a warm tasty meal.

Australia's Science fact is our current science fiction. Give it time…it's coming.

I enjoy a good debate, sounds like you do too... Cheers.
Cheers to you as well. If I make it down to Bend anytime soon, I'll shoot you a PM. Not sure if you fish at all, but I plan on heading that way for some lake fishing as well as hitting the Deschutes. I've never fished that far up river before. May as well try and hit a range while I'm there too.

For those saying restrictive GC could never happen through regulatory shenanigans, how many thought 20 months ago we would be at this point? Incrementalism.
except that gun control (actually prohibition...) has nothing to do with C19 and any potential vaccine mandates.
Gun control has been targeting gun owners way longer than 20 months ago. If anyone 20 months ago did not think we would be where we are currently with gun politics then they were probably never a gun owner back then...

You should learn more:

'Bingo, the fact is they should be illegal, nobody needs an assault rifle' - Biden in response to an interviewer asking him what people should think who claim he (Biden) wants to take their guns.
Right, but that's him just saying something. If you asked him what an assault rifle was, he wouldn't even be able to answer the question. Then if he actually tried to do something, it would be challenged in the Supreme Court and lose miserably. I understand your concerns.

Has anyone considered setting the argument about Covid over in the corner along with the argument about the 'vaccine' and focus more on the fact those two issues are being used to bring forward a greater and more nefarious agenda?

Look at the big camp in Australia supposedly for quarantine….except when asked how they would handle any one of the 'quarantined' who comes down with CV, they said they would be flown out to one of the big hospitals.

At that camp is an airport. They are in the process of getting approval for 'international' flights….why?

The news paints a brief image of a cabin/camp type scenario with a lady getting tested on her porch there, but the reality are tents with racks and rows of bunks crammed together. Reminds me of a time past….time for your hot shower and then a warm tasty meal.

Australia's Science fact is our current science fiction. Give it time…it's coming.
'You'll get in the boxcar and you'll like it, because it is for our safety'

Right, but that's him just saying something. If you asked him what an assault rifle was, he wouldn't even be able to answer the question. Then if he actually tried to do something, it would be challenged in the Supreme Court and lose miserably. I understand your concerns.
Tell me more about how states currently infringe on American's right to keep and bear arms.

Tell me more about how in certain states people can't legally own certain guns or magazines above a certain capacity.

So then try to tell me again how that could not possibly be achieved (more) than it has already.

I just don't understand how anyone can claim it can't happen when it has already happened in multiple states where "shall not be infringed" has been distorted beyond measure.

A lot of your comments in this thread Ive agreed with, but not this one. Bidens lack of knowledge on guns is notwithstanding his efforts to prohibit them from lawful citizens nor the gun control movements efforts. Note the high court has intentionally avoided ruling on many gun cases, plenty of states prohibit AR15s and common use gun magazines etc and the courts arent doing anything to overturn that. Didnt Biden just ban imported ammo?

Ok. I guess I have a hard time imagining all but a small cadre of extreme TDS-affected gun owners voting against their own interests WRT 2A. But, we get the government we deserve. Except in Oregon as one party has figured out how to contrive a supermajority through mail-in voting...
Dude this is sadly FAR from small. In WA state you can not buy a Ruger 10/22 unless you jump through the hoops to own an "assault weapon". Gun owners here voted this law in. Sporting systems spent a LOT of time and cash to get it back on the ballot again. So few gun owners cared they could not get the signatures to even put it back on the ballot. This means the vast majority of gun owners here were fine with this law. Now every time I bring this up I hear a lot of excuses for why. Excuses are like a body part we all have and mean nothing to me. This is gun owners getting what they asked for. I have for years heard some of the guys in CA who are trying to stop what goes on there lament this. There are MILLIONS of legal gun owners there. The guys have said if they could get just a couple million of them to vote as a block they could make real change. They can't. This is FAR from a small group who are determined to lose their rights. Its like some kind of mental disorder. :s0092:
Elections do have consequences. Gun owners can look in the mirror for why we have this mess, they by a LARGE percentage vote for it, then scream.

Last Edited:
Dude this is sadly FAR from small. In WA state you can not buy a Ruger 10/22 unless you jump through the hoops to own an "assault weapon". Gun owners here voted this law in. Sporting systems spent a LOT of time and cash to get it back on the ballot again. So few gun owners cared they could not get the signatures to even put it back on the ballot. This means the vast majority of gun owners here were fine with this law. Now every time I bring this up I hear a lot of excuses for why. Excuses are like a body part we all have and mean nothing to me. This is gun owners getting what they asked for. I have for years head some of the guys in CA who are trying to stop what goes on there lament this. There are MILLIONS of legal gun owners there. The guys have said if they could get just a couple million of them to vote as a block they could make real change. They can't. This is FAR from a small group who are determined to lose their rights. Its like some kind of mental disorder. :s0092:
Elections do have consequences. Gun owners can look in the mirror for why we have this mess, they by a LARGE percentage vote for it, then scream.
And by declining to vote and "not making a choice" they have in fact MADE A CHOICE. An enemy unresisted is an enemy you might as well have surrendered to.

problem is a LOT of gun owners are liberal. Maybe even more now than adamant pro gun owners... I dunno but were constantly losing our rights.
I know a Biden voter gun owner who swears to me he believes we should have the "right" to own an AR15 but thinks they should be registered and we should have to pass an eval to get one (ie, not a right....) while swearing thats supporting the right to bear arms and is perfectly fine with magazine capacity limits... common sense you know :rolleyes:
Lost of gun owners like this.

problem is a LOT of gun owners are liberal. Maybe even more now than adamant pro gun owners... I dunno but were constantly losing our rights.
I know a Biden voter gun owner who swears to me he believes we should have the "right" to own an AR15 but thinks they should be registered and we should have to pass an eval to get one (ie, not a right....) while swearing thats supporting the right to bear arms and is perfectly fine with magazine capacity limits... common sense you know :rolleyes:
Lost of gun owners like this.

With friends like them, who needs enemas?

How many of you have 0 vaccinations throughout your entire life? What do you think about forced polio, MMR, and hepatitis vaccines to attend school?
I missed the school-wide polio shot in 1954. I had no vax until forced to for 1964 enrolling in college, smallpox. It about killed me, deathly ill for 3 days. Survived. No vax until shingles shots couple years ago. Oddly enough, no primary school missed due to illness from 1953 to 1963. Only a couple 'mild flu' days until retirement. Lucky? Perhaps. And despite considerable unresolved concerns, yes I got the current vax months ago. Personal choice matter IMHO.

violation of oath of office and violation of the tenth amendment

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

he is no longer fit for office,,, hell he was never fit for office....

With friends like them, who needs enemas?
I dont live in an echo chamber and enjoy a wide diversity of friends. hes not a friend like an enemy we just disagree, in fact listening to the best anti gun or "common sense" arguments is one of the main reasons Im more pro gun than ever.

The 2A community needs more (D) and (I) responsible firearms owners if our rights are to be preserved. When it's only a handful of guys like Manchin, Tester, Webb etc. tipping the scales in the U.S. Senate, one ought to take notice.

(D) politicians surely won't respect the wishes of their (R) constituents, but when the constituents that do vote for them pipe up, they listen.

The moderate Dems know the fallout from gun control. In '94, they lost the House that they controlled (often by a large majority) for all but two congresses since the start of the Great Depression.

The colossal ineptitude of Dubya and Cheetoh is what got them back into control of the House in recent times.

The country needs more moderates and less extremists on both sides of the political aisle.

Oregon has about 1 million registered Democrats(1st in #s) and only 700k registered Republicans(3rd in #s). The group that comes in at 2nd in #s? Unaffiliated voters make up that portion with 950K registered<-------It is this group that controls the ebb and flow in the state.

It is these people that need to be reached and educated on the importance of the 2A.

Gun owners have been stigmatized as "paranoid bitter clingers & extremist right-wing nutjobs". Reading this forum at times, it might be easy for a layman to reinforce those stereotypes.

The 2A community is in a process of rebranding its public image. Firearms' ownership and popularity has never been higher in this country.

Once people start seeing that their dentist, their kid's soccer coach, their accountant, their general contractor, their nurse are all responsible firearms owners, the above negative stigmas will be shattered.

violation of oath of office and violation of the tenth amendment

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

he is no longer fit for office,,, hell he was never fit for office....
He was unfit for office the day he went from his high-school football field where he was QB straight to the Draft Office and lied his worthless craplocker into an "asthma" deferment.

I posted in response to

ATF coming for pistol braces

but it fit here as well, gun owners are their own worst enemy if it does not effect me then screw you I don't' care.

Same with shots, assault rifles, arm braces, open carry of rifles and everything else.

We as gun owners need to stand together for everything gun related even if its not your thing or we stand for nothing.
JMO

RANT

What bothers me is they say there is 100 million folks out there that own guns out of the 350 million folks in the US.

Out of that they say 75 million own more than one that totals up to the 400 million guns in civilian uses.

Then I see 3% stickers everywhere on rigs like they are bad asses. Three percent of 100 million would add up to 3 million folks of the 100-million-gun owners that say they are hard core gun owners.

Yet out of all the gun owners we cannot even hit 300,000 signatures on the Frame Receiver AFT changes and currently we can not even get 200,000 on the Arm Brace rule changes no wonder we cannot get ahead if we are not even willing to send a canned message provided by many organizations out there. I mean folks do not even need to come up with their own thoughts just fill in some blanks and hit send.

We deserve to lose all are rights if we can not even spend 5 minutes to send a canned message.

You may not like Arm Braces or agree with building your own guns but just doing nothing to me is telling them to please regulate me to death and take my rights away.

This is SAD, very SAD

If you sent a comment thank you, if not then why even own guns.

RANT OVER

Status

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class