JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Tasty :eek: Also note the .45acp round only wounded it. Probably should have had a 10mm :rolleyes:

BOISE, Idaho — A hunter asleep in the remote Idaho wilderness woke up when he felt something tugging on his hair. Then he heard the black bear breathing.

Stephen Vouch, 29, reached behind his head and felt it was wet. He yelled when he realized a bear was biting at his head.

"He got a hold of my head, and that's what woke me up," the Boise resident said Wednesday, who was in the rugged area hunting bighorn sheep with friends. "That's when I kind of freaked out. That's when I could hear the bear breathing on me."

His scream startled the bear, which jumped and hit the tarp above where they were sleeping. The tarp tumbled, entangling the animal and the hunters around 2 a.m. Friday.

"That's when my buddy's gun went off," Vouch said.

The bear, wounded by a shot from the .45-caliber handgun, scrambled into a nearby tree. Vouch, cut but not seriously injured, shot and killed it.

Full article here: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/offbe...ck-bear-biting-his-head/ar-AAfcUFw?li=AAa0dzB

This will likely scare the bear and you...but it'll work

I use fishing line and a couple cans with rocks in them for noise.

I have contemplated using primers with rat traps but like mentioned - that would probably scare the day lights out of me at 3am and would be a damn racoon or something non-edible to me or a threat 9 times out of 10.

Sleeping with a .357 mag under my hand and thinking I'm being attacked by the taliban (or worse meth heads) would not make for a happy night:eek: so I'll stay with tin cans:D

I keep a gun real close when camping, but when attacked if you start shooting someone close might go down before the animal does.

Something similiar happened to me back in the day.
I was camping with friends and I put my tent up close to the fire, after our group about 14 guys and girls took for 4 cases of beer, a couple fifths of vodka, and about 5 fifths of jaeger I went to the tent to sleep.
After I fell asleep I was awoken to a bear like animal growling andravaging my tent, I came close to shooting it, but I was still of sound mind to quickly realize it was my friend all 6'4" and 265lbs of him. He ripped my sleeping bag right off of me and collapsed beside me. Pissed off I went and slept in my suv in a very cold, uncomfortable night. I woke up early to see his huge house sized tent was completely destroyed, broken poles and all.
After building a fire and hanging out for a few hours he wakes up and yells "where am I!" "Who's tent is this!" I wanted to throw a flaming log at him if I wasn't laughing so hard.

But at least he didn't have a tent to sleep in for the rest of the weekend

As he hit that ground wrapped in my bag, I could have shot him in the junk, that old boy was dead to the world.
He was a drinker.
We had a hog roast at a another friend's mom place on the rogue river . That same guy went missing and a couple of us were on the search party. We found him in the dark passed out cold about 2 feet from the river.
We drug him like 30 yards close to the fire where he stayed the rest of the night.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top