JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have had friends whose cows were killed by wolves. When Wildlife Services come out they are informed that it could of been wild dogs, try to get a picture next time. There response was then if they are wild dogs then I will shoot them. The agent said at that point that it MAY have been wolves but there is no conclusive evidence.

More this. The only good wolf is a dead wolf? That's silly, frightening, and short-sighted. And they don't typically hunt livestock. If you can prove that your livestock was killed by a wolf, you'll be paid the cost of the animal killed, unless that has changed in the last 6 months.

Either way, I think the prospcet of erradicating a native species is sickening.
---------------------------------------
While I may not totally agree that the only good wolf is a dead one, I don't believe these wolves to be "native species" they are a 100% "invasive Species" not native at all!

More this. The only good wolf is a dead wolf? That's silly, frightening, and short-sighted. And they don't typically hunt livestock. If you can prove that your livestock was killed by a wolf, you'll be paid the cost of the animal killed, unless that has changed in the last 6 months.

Who said they don't hunt livestock?!? The HSUS? PETA? Of course you may be right, they don't hunt livestock, they slaughter livestock. ALL THE TIME!!
Odd you would think that of the wolf issue in ID or anywhere in the U.S. Canada has spent decades trying to limit their numbers. Eradication isn't possible, or even approachable.
Of course as arjunki pointed out, they aren't native to N.W. America, so that makes them an invasive species. One "sponsored in" by do-gooders in the animal rights movement.
And for what it's worth, most state management agencies do their best to eradicate invasive species all the time.
Feral hogs are an example of that here in Oregon. No season required and no protection allowed. If landowners even try to charge to hunt them the ODFW is allowed to fine the landowner now.

Just try to prove your steer was killed by a wolf, when the fish and wildlife people are trying to hush it all up. Good luck with that. I have relatives who are ranchers in eastern Oregon. They deal with it first hand.

What's sickening is to see what's left of a beloved hunting dog after an encounter with wolves. The spine, head, ears maybe. Eleven dogs this year, and 14 last year in Idaho. I have a friend in MT that has given up his hounds completely rather than see them slaughtered. Here in Oregon you're supposed to just stand by and watch as the wolves kill your dogs. It's illegal to do anything to defend them.

Watch this clear through to the end and you might get educated:

YouTube - Wolves kill Montana guard dog

Odd how those who speak loudest for the re-introduction of a predatory species live typically in cities. I have historical evidence that cougars bears and wolves once roamed throughout the Willamette valley. I therefore propose that these animals be introduced into Forest Park, Mt. Tabor and all their native habitat. If predation occurs I am sure counseling the animals and giving them sensitivity training will surely make them see the error of their ways. Since the traditional food source for these predators has gone..we should be prepared to offer a suitable substitute. ( see the post and description by KTM530XCW above) bon appetite my furry friends.:s0155:

Just try to prove your steer was killed by a wolf, when the fish and wildlife people are trying to hush it all up. Good luck with that. I have relatives who are ranchers in eastern Oregon. They deal with it first hand.

What's sickening is to see what's left of a beloved hunting dog after an encounter with wolves. The spine, head, ears maybe. Eleven dogs this year, and 14 last year in Idaho. I have a friend in MT that has given up his hounds completely rather than see them slaughtered. Here in Oregon you're supposed to just stand by and watch as the wolves kill your dogs. It's illegal to do anything to defend them.

Watch this clear through to the end and you might get educated:

YouTube - Wolves kill Montana guard dog

You still have the right to self-defense. I am SURE if a wolf came after my dogs I would be close enough to be threatened.

Anyone here ever actually spoke face to face with a serious, hardcore, enviro-nazi? I have - most of my ex mother in law's friends fall into this category (and she lives in Eugene) Some of the really serious ones are downright scary.

Last Edited:
Anyone here ever actually spoke face to face with a serious, hardcore, enviro-nazi? I have - most of my ex mother in law's friends fall into this category (and she lives in Eugene) Some of the really serious ones are downright scary.

The last time had that "pleasure", after hearing a few minutes of doom and gloom about how man has ruined the planet I merely asked if this person thought we were seriously overpopulated and if they were committed to solving the problem. When she answered "yes..of course.." I suggested she kill herself and encourage all others who were true believers to do the same. I observed it would at least cut down on noise pollution. She was not amused.

I suggested she kill herself and encourage all others who were true believers to do the same.
That's funny and I don't care who you are! I find most of them are extremely dogmatic and will not listen to reason, even when it makes perfect and obvious sense. Most will resort to their most perfected ability - being able to talk 'over' someone when they feel their position is being threatened.

By Lynn Stuter
February 9, 2010
NewsWithViews.com

There a secret, hiding in plain sight, that every American should know about. Your life may depend on it.

In the mid-1990's, wolves were "re-introduced" to areas of the West under the auspices of the United States Fish and Wildlife Service in accordance with the "Endangered Species Act".

I will digress here for a moment and explain why quotes are used around the word "re-introduced". The word re-introduced means to bring back a species indigenous to the area from which it has disappeared or is in danger of becoming extinct.

The wolf indigenous to most parts of the West is called the Timber Wolf or Gray Wolf (canis lupus irremotus). The male of these species, on average, is about 75 lbs; the female is smaller as is usual with most species.

In hearing about wolves invading Idaho, which has the largest contiguous wilderness area of any state in the lower 48, I kept hearing stories about huge animals. One gent told me that a wolf crossed the road in front of his pickup and stood as tall as the hood. I rather discounted it as the proverbial "fish story" where the fish gets bigger with each telling of the story. What he was describing was one big animal considering his pickup was a 4x4.

I would learn that he wasn't telling a "fish story." The wolf brought in and turned loose in the Yellowstone National Park and other parts of central Idaho is the Canadian Gray Wolf. If this article is correct, the species of wolf imported is the canis lupus occidentallis or MacKenzie Valley Wolf, a large wolf from Western Canada. One website states that this wolf was imported from Alberta. In searching, there is the canis lupus columbi****, a large wolf found in Yukon, British Columbia and Alberta. Another, canis lupus griseoalbus, is a large wolf found in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. Whether one or more of these species, what is obvious is that they are not indigenous to the lower 48.

Males, on average, weigh 130 lbs, the females somewhat smaller. These animals are huge, far outweighing any dog but the mastiff breeds. Were they to stand on their hind legs, put their feet on the shoulders of most people, they would be looking down at them!

Let me be perfectly clear; the Canadian Gray Wolf is not indigenous to the lower 48 states. To claim they are a "re-introduction" is not only misleading but purposely misleading.

That would not be the first or last problem with the "re-introduction" of wolves.

In a letter, dated October 3, 1993, Mr. Will Graves of Maryland wrote a letter to Ed Bangs, US Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) Project Leader for the introduction of the Canadian Gray, in Helena, MT. Graves, the

"author of "Wolves in Russia: Anxiety Through the Ages," has studied wolves for many years. He has traveled to Russia and surrounding nations to gather information, historic documents, etc., to learn more about wolves, their diseases and the impact these animals have had on humans for centuries. This is the basis of his book." (source)

Graves' letter addressed the Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS) presented by Bangs. In his letter, Graves expressed his concerns regarding introducing wolves to the United States period,

"I support Alternative 3, the No Wolf Alternative.

1. Diseases, Worms and Parasites. I was surprised that the DEIS did not make a detailed study on the impact issue of diseases, worms, and parasites (page 9). I believe an EIS (Environmental Impact Statement) is not complete without a detailed study covering the diseases, worms and parasites that wolves would carry, harbor, and spread around in the YNP (Yellowstone National Park) and in Idaho. The study should cover the potential negative impact of these diseases on wild and domestic animals, and on humans. I believe the potential negative impact of these diseases is a valid reason not to reintroduce wolves into YNP and to Idaho."

Mr. Graves concerns, outlined in the letter, while very valid, were ignored, not only by Ed Bangs but also by the USFWS.
Gray wolves carry a deadly parasite that lodges in the organs (includeing brains)of mamals (including man). The eggs are in wolf scat and are viable for decades. Grazing animals are infected and carry the parasites even further. Human contact with grazing animals transferes the worm parasite to human food chain. Parasites build colonys in the organs and must be removed surgically! Humans die every year from such infestations in the Yukon Territory!

That's funny and I don't care who you are! I find most of them are extremely dogmatic and will not listen to reason, even when it makes perfect and obvious sense. Most will resort to their most perfected ability - being able to talk 'over' someone when they feel their position is being threatened.

ISNT THAT THE TRUTH!!! I was "trolling" change.org lookin to cause some trouble... and i came across a lady who was condemning people for owning pets. Of course it was ok for her to have a cat because it was crosseyed and needed a seeing eye human.:eek:
She also blamed humans for destroying the planet and wanted all hunters and their "deliverance scumbag kids" to "drop dead". She then made the claim that hunters are responsible for all animals that have gone extinct... and listed several different species... the dodo bird, the passenger pigeon, the baiji river dolphin, the tecopa pupfish....WHAT!!! the pupfish? Yes i informed her that no hunter hunts pupfish and it was environmental hippies and researchers that killed them all off. Anyways i guess by stating facts she felt threatened and got me kicked off the site for laughing at her... you all should join up!! its loads of fun for the week you might last before you get kicked off:D

<broken link removed>

Idaho County Sheriff

308 SSS Wolf Pack Raffle

Raffle Winner will receive a Wolf Combination Package including:
&#61623;Winchester model 70 .308 with Leopold scope, gun case, sling and special 2011 SSS Wolf Pack engraving
&#61623;Short-handled shovel
&#61623;Parchment scroll - The County Commissioner's request to the Governor requesting emergency assistance due to the devastation of local wildlife by the wolf.
&#61623;Custom-made metal art rifle rack

WOWWWW!!! And i thought you guys were joking about the the idaho wolfpack deal... THAT IS AWESOME!!!
So here is what i want to know... I'm up for an Idaho road trip ANYTIME. ButTTT... the governor is not enforcing it and the sheriff appears to be backing his play.. Are you still gonna get busted by the state police? And how many enviro-hippies are there trying to protect each wolf? I have no problem tying them to a tree if they try to get in the way. I hear they like that.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top