JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
More to come folks, some are forecasting significant snows from later Sunday into Monday for the Portland area...

Dare I say I've seen one forecast of 9" for Portland with higher amounts to the north...

Yeah I heard the same, 2-8......
This is gonna be exciting!!! Can't wait...o_O

I hope it blows itself out this weeK!!! I am buying a motorcycle near Issaquah next Saturday Feb 10th and am riding it down through Orygun to Redding Sat/Sunday.

Am thinking of getting hotel in Sutherlin Sat night. That gives me the best chance of hitting the Siskiyous at mid day. LR weather said partly sunny and 50 Sunday so Sat/SUN/Monday is my weather window I figure. If it was decent weather it's a one day trip but this time of year I am not taking many chances. Plus, don't really want to thrash the bike in crappy weather.

Brutus OUt

Dammit! I have a party to get to tomorrow.

Now that I've satisfied my curiosity about the efficiency of snow/ice cleats (and replaced the boat cover I ripped with a snow shovel "DOH!!!"), I'm ready for a couple months of gloomy Oregon rain and then some spring.

The snow hasn't left the ground here in T.D since Dec. 8 I believe...Just got another 3.5 inches over night as well... Hey now, I don't want to hear any rude comments about that either. You guys know what I meant....:D I also heard Portland may get some snow (3-4" according to my source) sunday night????? Anyone have any inside info on this?

Yeah, my main concern is getting to work in Portland and whether they shut down. I've commuted to work from my house when they had both I-84 and SR14 shut down due to weather. 3-4" snowfall is nothing for where I'm from, but it will shut down Portland in a hurry...

100_2373.jpg

Yeah, my main concern is getting to work in Portland and whether they shut down. I've commuted to work from my house when they had both I-84 and SR14 shut down due to weather. 3-4" snowfall is nothing for where I'm from, but it will shut down Portland in a hurry...

View attachment 340186

I've about had ENOUGH of these ^^^ scenes this year! would you mid not show this crap anymore? :)

From what I am seeing and hearing, if we do get snow at least the temps. will not be down in the freeze the freaking gutters and downspouts solid range like that last event. I am with Teflon, bring on the gloomy Oregon rain and then spring.

I hope it blows itself out this weeK!!! I am buying a motorcycle near Issaquah next Saturday Feb 10th and am riding it down through Orygun to Redding Sat/Sunday.

Am thinking of getting hotel in Sutherlin Sat night. That gives me the best chance of hitting the Siskiyous at mid day. LR weather said partly sunny and 50 Sunday so Sat/SUN/Monday is my weather window I figure. If it was decent weather it's a one day trip but this time of year I am not taking many chances. Plus, don't really want to thrash the bike in crappy weather.

Brutus OUt

Careful there Brutus. I was heading to San Diego 2-3 decades ago and Siskiyou Pass was closed. It still looked okay in southern Oregon so I got off at Ashland and "detoured" around the OSP roadblock south of there. At 15-30 mph, my Cherokee handled it just fine, but it was seriously deep and icy up on the pass. Dozens of miles of parallel parked double semi rigs along both shoulders. And zero cars anywhere - eerie as hell at midnight.

Point is, it looked great at the bottom of the hill and not so good at the top. Completely unrecognizable though I've made that trip 30+ times. Just following vague half-buried tracks, I've often wondered where I was in relation to the actual lanes on the highway. I was really glad to see the humps of guardrails and those orange poles sticking up.

I know you won't go on two wheels if it's like that. What kind of scoot are you getting?

Last Edited:
Are you guys telling us that "IT" is headed OUR WAY? Oh No, not again. We got 24" the last time. Impossible? Well, tell the weather man that. We have had enough snow this year thank you very much. Illinois Valley SW Oregon. About 43N, 123W. 1500 ft. Kinda. Thereabouts. Yikes! :)

We are having a heat wave. In the 20's and 30's in the day and teens at night.
6" more snow this week.
People are real done with this shnit.
I don't care really. I live living here. My drive will have snow till June,lol. I didn't plow it and I'm driving on a foot of snow pack.
The locals don't like this but when the snow starts to melt they really gunna love it:D

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top