JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This caveman would have cracked another bottle of Crown Royal!!!
:p:p:p
Lol, cheers!
I popped some poppity corn.
It's melting!!!

i-m-melting-o.gif

My father owned a place at Lake Merwin Camper's Hideaway. Lake Merwin is a great place, beautiful part of the state - we loved going up there. The year he sold his property (one of the few that had a wide open view of the lake), was after the 2008 winter that dumped a ton of snow all over the place. He couldn't even get to his place for quite a while because roads weren't being cleared and where they were, it left huge drifts. When he finally got to his place, there was extensive damage to the structure from the sheer weight of the ice and snow. After fixing it back up, he decided to let the place go because it was too much to care for.

We had a place at Camper's Hideaway until I was about 8 or 9 years old. Loved that place. Lean to up against a 5th wheel that was almost more comfortable than the actual house I grew up in. We had a cast iron stove, concrete floors with carpeting, nice view of the lake and trees, a terraced garden. Had the old folks kept the place - crap I don't even want to think what it would've sold for on today's market. I looked at spaces up there last year on their website, just to see, and about pooped myself.

We used to help in the Territorial Days parades in Amboy too - I threw candy to the parade goers from the back of a flatbed truck that lead the floats. Do they even do that in Amboy anymore?

I remember going to see movies in the summer time in the Amphitheater at the Hideaway too - we got to see Back to the Future not long after it came out, open air.

First kokanee I ever caught was caught from the docks down there too, when I was 4 years old - caught on a purple plastic worm with a pink tail, fished under a bobber using my trusty old Zebco 303 combo. Wish I had the picture of that fish still - we had pix of me holding it up, and of it laying against a yard stick. 16 inches - which was huge to me back then. I wouldn't let it be cooked - we kept that damned fish in the freezer for a couple years, and every once in a while I'd take it out and look it over, then put it back, terribly impressed with my heroic catch. I may do the same thing if I ever catch a 10lb bass here in Oregon :D

Jim - if you get a place up there I may have to bum rides on your boat. Aside from that one koke from the docks, I don't remember Merwin fishing all that well from the bank. We had a boat, too and fished out of that most of the time up there. I know there's kokes, rainbows, and I think chinook? I remember hearing about pike or muskies introduced to control some other invasive fish - those would be fun to hunt down, especially with a fly rod.

Back on topic - here in Da Grove, it's been like 36 degrees and raining and the snow and ice is slowly melting. If they cancel school again I am going to frickin' loose it and send the nastiest e-mail to every school board member and the superintendent - they cancelled school Tuesday because, despite the roads being passable, there was snow on the sidewalks. Not sure what the hell we're paying these clowns to do, or why the school district's maintenance people weren't out being useful, clearing the snow and inspecting the building for leaks or damage caused by the weather. The superintendent or whoever makes the call to cancel school or not is a straight up pussy - and has now cancelled school twice in two weeks when they could've gone. The worst came when they cancelled school because of the *threat* of icy roads - never mind the fact that any ice that may have been ON the roads, was melted by the time the busses would've been running. They *could* have done a 1 or 2 hour delay to be safe, but no, they cancelled school instead. If this crap keeps up, the kids will be going to school during the first week of July o_O

We had a place at Camper's Hideaway until I was about 8 or 9 years old. Loved that place. Lean to up against a 5th wheel that was almost more comfortable than the actual house I grew up in. We had a cast iron stove, concrete floors with carpeting, nice view of the lake and trees, a terraced garden. Had the old folks kept the place - crap I don't even want to think what it would've sold for on today's market. I looked at spaces up there last year on their website, just to see, and about pooped myself.

We used to help in the Territorial Days parades in Amboy too - I threw candy to the parade goers from the back of a flatbed truck that lead the floats. Do they even do that in Amboy anymore?

I remember going to see movies in the summer time in the Amphitheater at the Hideaway too - we got to see Back to the Future not long after it came out, open air.

First kokanee I ever caught was caught from the docks down there too, when I was 4 years old - caught on a purple plastic worm with a pink tail, fished under a bobber using my trusty old Zebco 303 combo. Wish I had the picture of that fish still - we had pix of me holding it up, and of it laying against a yard stick. 16 inches - which was huge to me back then. I wouldn't let it be cooked - we kept that damned fish in the freezer for a couple years, and every once in a while I'd take it out and look it over, then put it back, terribly impressed with my heroic catch. I may do the same thing if I ever catch a 10lb bass here in Oregon :D

Jim - if you get a place up there I may have to bum rides on your boat. Aside from that one koke from the docks, I don't remember Merwin fishing all that well from the bank. We had a boat, too and fished out of that most of the time up there. I know there's kokes, rainbows, and I think chinook? I remember hearing about pike or muskies introduced to control some other invasive fish - those would be fun to hunt down, especially with a fly rod.

Back on topic - here in Da Grove, it's been like 36 degrees and raining and the snow and ice is slowly melting. If they cancel school again I am going to frickin' loose it and send the nastiest e-mail to every school board member and the superintendent - they cancelled school Tuesday because, despite the roads being passable, there was snow on the sidewalks. Not sure what the hell we're paying these clowns to do, or why the school district's maintenance people weren't out being useful, clearing the snow and inspecting the building for leaks or damage caused by the weather. The superintendent or whoever makes the call to cancel school or not is a straight up pussy - and has now cancelled school twice in two weeks when they could've gone. The worst came when they cancelled school because of the *threat* of icy roads - never mind the fact that any ice that may have been ON the roads, was melted by the time the busses would've been running. They *could* have done a 1 or 2 hour delay to be safe, but no, they cancelled school instead. If this crap keeps up, the kids will be going to school during the first week of July o_O

I think the kokanee were the main reason my dad bought there in the first place. He loved to fish for them. He doesn't do much fishing any longer, but at the time, he was loving it.

Here in beautiful NePo we are hovering 35-36. It's raining lightly with .63" on the rain gauge. The street is a slushy mess and about half the height of the snow is gone. The piles that are left from shoveling will take much longer to go I imagine. Oh, the down spouts are flowing!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top