JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
But the weatherman, sorry...weatherperson...has to have something going on outside to stand in for "dramatic effect".
Pics or it didn't happen!

Dramatic effect? Like standing in floodwaters or on a flooded storm drain in hip boots? Do they not know that no matter what it's called, they are standing in what just became an open sewer?

I've got really good hip boots, but I'm sure not gonna stand in a sewer if I don't have to.

WAYNO.

Good grief, it's hard to know what to do in this weather. I made it in to work this morning from Oregon City into SE PDX, no problems, roads essentially clear on the main arterials. Hearing that it's raining and turning to ice in OC doesn't make me happy, I hate driving on the ice and being stuck in SE PDX doesn't thrill me either. What a PITA - I wish the damn weather would make up its mind and get it over with!

I've got to drive Wifey to a 10:00 am work meeting near 224 and 205. We're in NE just south of the airport. :( I wish it would poo or get of the pot! I'm planing on going to the gun club for two hours while she "meets". I do NOT want to be stuck way down there if the ice comes in!

So if anybody want to keep me abreast of the situation down that-a-way i'd appreciate it!

It is hard to say - I think they are trying to play it safe - but up here on the mountain (between Newberg & Scholls) it is partly cloudy/sunny right now. I suspect we will get the rain come in this afternoon, but that it will be safe this morning.

Good grief, it's hard to know what to do in this weather. I made it in to work this morning from Oregon City into SE PDX, no problems, roads essentially clear on the main arterials. Hearing that it's raining and turning to ice in OC doesn't make me happy, I hate driving on the ice and being stuck in SE PDX doesn't thrill me either. What a PITA - I wish the damn weather would make up its mind and get it over with!

What a difference an hour makes!

Oregon City. Blue sky. Dry. Closest clouds I see are more than an hour away. Temp dropped a couple degrees. My weather station on my back fence says 25-degrees. The rain that happened this morning is firmly attached to my vehicles.

Details at eleven.

And in other news, a man caught speeding had 500 rounds of ammunition in his trunk.

WAYNO.

Wife had an appointment at OHSU and called to cancel. They're talking about sending the staff at OHSU home.

However, according to the weather channel, it's pouring here in Salem while I'm looking out the window at puffy white clouds against a blue sky!

It is hard to say - I think they are trying to play it safe - but up here on the mountain (between Newberg & Scholls) it is partly cloudy/sunny right now. I suspect we will get the rain come in this afternoon, but that it will be safe this morning.

Where we live we get about 70% of what Troutdale gets. Wind and ice. But they're showing the whole Metro area out to the the East slope of the coast range for the ice warning. Looks like you might be at the outer reaches, just South enough to miss the mess.(hope so) If it hits the mouth of the gorge good, it will blow right to my house!

Hope you get to feeling better sooner, rather than later Heretic.;)

OMG!!!!! My temp gauge is reading 30.0 degrees!! :s0001: I haven't seen that in 10 days unless the sun was shining on the sending unit. COME ON 33!!

Where we live we get about 70% of what Troutdale gets. Wind and ice. But they're showing the whole Metro area out to the the East slope of the coast range for the ice warning. Looks like you might be at the outer reaches, just South enough to miss the mess.(hope so) If it hits the mouth of the gorge good, it will blow right to my house!

Hope you get to feeling better sooner, rather than later Heretic.;)
Thanks - I hate colds - but I get at least one a year this time of year.

I am often on the edge of weather - it is hard to tell what will happen.

The one thing I know - so far - is that the mountain gets considerably more rain than the valleys. I used to say 50% more, but that was an educated guess. A month or so ago I bought a weather station with rain/wind/etc. sensors and so far as I have observed, I get twice the precip that the valleys get when comparing to the PDX totals.

Thanks - I hate colds - but I get at least one a year this time of year.

I am often on the edge of weather - it is hard to tell what will happen.

The one thing I know - so far - is that the mountain gets considerably more rain than the valleys. I used to say 50% more, but that was an educated guess. A month or so ago I bought a weather station with rain/wind/etc. sensors and so far as I have observed, I get twice the precip that the valleys get when comparing to the PDX totals.

I'd be lost without my temp and rainfall gauges. It's an Oregon Scientific and I'v had it for about 15 years I think. Only thing that's gone out is the temp sensor. I kind of wish it would go out, I want wind speed to.

Yeah, oknow told me of that place but I'd worry if my balance got disrupted (like it does sometimes :s0005:) and I may fall down, keep rolling & bouncing all the way to the lake.... It's steep I heard...:s0039::s0039::s0039:
Momma wants someplace within 30 minuets to a hospital or clinic (she thinks that we're getting up in the years)...:s0141::s0141::s0141: It would be our last homestead type of deal.

theres a few places available, not far from the lake also.:s0132::s0132::s0132::s0071::s0071::s0071::s0071:

I'd be lost without my temp and rainfall gauges. It's an Oregon Scientific and I'v had it for about 15 years I think. Only thing that's gone out is the temp sensor. I kind of wish it would go out, I want wind speed to.

It is 33* now and the snow is falling from the trees so it seems to be melting - but no rain.

My station is a cheap Accurite, but it seems to work okay. Eventually I will hook it up to a computer to log stuff, but I really only need to know temp, wind and precip. Rain gauge obviously doesn't work for snow until the snow melts then it counts for total precip. Good enough.

Humidity during the summer is a good thing to know too.

Just drove through the gorge from biggs junction to pdx about 6:45 to 8. just packed snow/ice and I think someone spit out the window in front of me a couple times. nothing to talk about other than the great tail wind.

Sounds about right oknow. Hopefully you can get yourself back before this evening. I'm actually seeing a little blue sky now: no wind, 24 degrees: The calm before the storm....;)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top