JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Went up to Tualatin yesterday for the grand daughters birthday party. Huge difference between what they got up there and down in Salem. Have lived in snow areas most of my life and shocked at how little they've done to the roads here. Anywhere else and the governor would have been strung up. Borders on criminal irresponsibility.

Went up to Tualatin yesterday for the grand daughters birthday party. Huge difference between what they got up there and down in Salem. Have lived in snow areas most of my life and shocked at how little they've done to the roads here. Anywhere else and the governor would have been strung up. Borders on criminal irresponsibility.

Sounds like they got caught with their pants down....

You know, this weird wackado weather is confusing to me. Where I live there's been nearly no snow but frigid temps (which has really stifled my fishing time, traction at the boat ramps is nonexistent)...

We are considering selling & looking for land near lake Merwin but with Snowmageddin putting a stranglehold on the south area we may just stay here.....:(:(:(

We're back to almost 20 below and our warm spell should get us up to 20 above
I wish I could post pics of the roads no one is stupid enough to complain about. At least it would seem stupid to complain about them around here. Really folks here just except it as part of our world.

You know, this weird wackado weather is confusing to me. Where I live there's been nearly no snow but frigid temps (which has really stifled my fishing time, traction at the boat ramps is nonexistent)...

We are considering selling & looking for land near lake Merwin but with Snowmageddin putting a stranglehold on the south area we may just stay here.....:(:(:(

My father owned a place at Lake Merwin Camper's Hideaway. Lake Merwin is a great place, beautiful part of the state - we loved going up there. The year he sold his property (one of the few that had a wide open view of the lake), was after the 2008 winter that dumped a ton of snow all over the place. He couldn't even get to his place for quite a while because roads weren't being cleared and where they were, it left huge drifts. When he finally got to his place, there was extensive damage to the structure from the sheer weight of the ice and snow. After fixing it back up, he decided to let the place go because it was too much to care for.

This is nothing compared to the "Silver Thaw" of 1964. In Corvallis we saw 4" of ice on the street. From the corner of our house at the Corner of 27th and Lincoln we had an 8' tall icicle (4' wide at the eave of our house to 4" wide where it spreaded out on the lawn). This was December 12th.

This current spate of cold weather pales in comparison.

How's that "climate change" working for you?

This is nothing compared to the "Silver Thaw" of 1964. In Corvallis we saw 4" of ice on the street. From the corner of our house at the Corner of 27th and Lincoln we had an 8' tall icicle (4' wide at the eave of our house to 4" wide where it spreaded out on the lawn). This was December 12th.

This current spate of cold weather pales in comparison.

How's that "climate change" working for you?
I'm curious if we are going to end up with flooding like 1996
Our factory in Milwaukie had 6' of water inside when Johnson Creek went over. Even more amazing were the permanent flood lines on the concrete walls 8' up from a flood probably back in 1964 like your example...I don't remember the year, just that the old guys said it was worse back then.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top