JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This law only effects semi automatic firearms not those manually operated vial bolt ,pump or lever
Thanks, that is what it looked like to me but I was having a hard time believing we would be allowed such a privilege. I really hope 1639 gets destroyed in court , this is all just so wrong.

I could get passed taking classes (not that I agree with that in any way) but there is no way I am waiving my right to medical privacy.

It only effect Simi auto .
I was at the gun shop the other day .there was a guy and his wife there looking for a 22 RIFLE.
Lol the guy said buy it before July.

After July it's a Assault wepon.
Lol they said What.
My point is that .
SO MANY PEOPLE DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED WITH THE 1639 .
that thing was rammed though .
False information.

So now when someone wants to buy a 22 for there kid.
Guess what they are buying a "Assault" Rifle.

I just love the term "ASSAULT" .
this is a picture of one of my shovels.
BUT IF I PICK IT UP AND HIT YOU WITH IT.
LOL it becomes a "ASSAULT" WEPON.
MMMMMMM IMG_20190312_201808.jpg

Maybe you guys can clear something up for me. What effect does i1639 have on purchasing bolt action rifles? Will they require the training class and waiving your medical privacy rights also? Thanks.
If you can find a manually (not s/a) operated straight pull or side charging AR15 style rifle that should qualify as firearm legal for you to purchase without waiving privacy

Where is this in 1639, I must have missed it in my many readings, would not be the first time.

The waiver has been in place for pistols since 1994. Expands to "assault weapons" like the 10/22 this July: RCW 9.41.094: Waiver of confidentiality. (<i>Effective until July 1, 2019.</i>)

A signed application to purchase a pistol or semiautomatic assault rifle shall constitute a waiver of confidentiality and written request that the health care authority, mental health institutions, and other health care facilities release, to an inquiring court or law enforcement agency, information relevant to the applicant's eligibility to purchase a pistol or semiautomatic assault rifle to an inquiring court or law enforcement agency.

The waiver has been in place for pistols since 1994. Expands to "assault weapons" like the 10/22 this July: RCW 9.41.094: Waiver of confidentiality. (<i>Effective until July 1, 2019.</i>)

My understanding is that they will be digging a bit deeper than they currently are. Also, I believe that the current waiver is for a one time check and as of July it will be a permanent waiver that they will be re checking at least annually.

At this point I don't trust Washington state not to start denying transfers and confiscating guns because the Doc prescribed some pills in 2005 or because someone talk to a therapist about depression or anxiety issues.

I think we are at a point where it is pretty clear this is about taking the guns not safety.

Thanks. I will say I do not understand how this would affect a person unless a person has already been reported to the authoritys as unstable as they are supposed to be doing anyway. Maybe to inquire more ?

... Also, I believe that the current waiver is for a one time check and as of July it will be a permanent waiver that they will be re checking at least annually. ...

This is correct: RCW 9.41.139: Department of licensing—Eligibility to possess firearms. (<i>Effective July 1, 2019.</i>)
[Department of Licensing shall] Verify, on an annual or more frequent basis, that persons who acquired pistols or semiautomatic assault rifles pursuant to this chapter remain eligible to possess a firearm under state and federal law

This is all made possible by our backdoor registry: RCW 9.41.129: Recordkeeping requirements. (<i>Effective until July 1, 2019.</i>)

Thanks. I will say I do not understand how this would affect a person unless a person has already been reported to the authoritys as unstable as they are supposed to be doing anyway. Maybe to inquire more ?

The law is NOT limited to people committed or reported to the woowoo house. It says they can order up all of your medical records and dig away. That's what "other healthcare facility" means. It's a form of legal harassment designed specifically to discourage gun ownership or seeking medical care.

It a good thing we are at a point in America where search warrants and due process no longer get in the way of justice. The old ways must not have been working.

Just FYI - If you have a CPL, you have already waved your medical privacy. I just found that little fact out myself. I made a comment to my local FFL regarding the HIPPA violation and he told me that if you have a CPL, you already waived that right.

Load of crap...

Just FYI - If you have a CPL, you have already waved your medical privacy. I just found that little fact out myself. I made a comment to my local FFL regarding the HIPPA violation and he told me that if you have a CPL, you already waived that right.

Load of crap...
Like the pistol purchase waiver, Pre 1639, I believe that to have been a one time waiver not a permanent, violate my rights annually, for the rest of my life waiver. It certainly wasnt worded that way when I signed and there was no talk of annual checks. Post 1639, I have no idea what they will be doing regarding CPL and HIPPA.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top