JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This guy is local and is not helping my resistance at all!!!

This guy is local and is not helping my resistance at all!!!

Some fine deals there. You could sell all the unneeded Lee stuff and make it even sweeter. The nice thing about the BL is that you could easily upgrade it to the full 550 by adding the primer and and powder systems if that met your plans. It is truly a 550B or C that is stripped down. If you decided you didn't like it later it's an easy sell with little or no loss.

1645339311762.png

* Resistance is futile

I had a Lee Loadmaster, and my Hornady LnL AP took a helluva lot more maintenance than the LM ever did. The Dillon 650, in contrast, has had the least maintenance.
Yep on the ram maintenance. Had a RC Jr that was pretty sloppy but it sure made good ammo. Now have the Classic Cast too.
I bought the classic Cast when it first came out. Since then, the Rockchucker has been collecting dust. Probably sell it. The 1985 Pro-1000 I have recently been getting ready to make some 9. Bought a 3D printed case collator and case feed tube stabilizers on eBay. Going to add a 4th bolt to the left front of the die carrier block, and maybe invent a polymer "case setter" at that 4th bolt to ensure that cases do not slip out of center on the shell plate as it rises.

Have found that cases may stick to the feeder slide if there is the slightest hint of lube on the slider. Thus, they bind rather than entering the sizer. Perhaps a tiny coil spring in the slider would ensure that cases do not stick to it and are fully pushed into the shell plate.

Just little things, but the Pro is best for handgun and small rifle. The classic cast will load anything just fine. I buy what works and do not belong any 'color cult'. For the cost of going full "D", I can buy a Ronin Operator in 9 and a Hellion. So...

Some fine deals there. You could sell all the unneeded Lee stuff and make it even sweeter. The nice thing about the BL is that you could easily upgrade it to the full 550 by adding the primer and and powder systems if that met your plans. It is truly a 550B or C that is stripped down. If you decided you didn't like it later it's an easy sell with little or no loss.

View attachment 1135761

* Resistance is futile
Marcus is a good guy, and from experience, anything he sells is GTG.

.The problem seems to be that the turret has so much slop up top that I was having to mic each round. a changing calibers..
There's zero slop if the turret has reached its travel limit. You probably weren't hitting a hard stop when seating bullets. Set your seating die to first make firm contact with the shell holder and then adjust the seating stem.

The recent ad in post #21 showed $550.
Hey, you do you Jim! I feel where your coming from. One old(er) retired guy with arthritis to another. A couple of hours spent sitting with a favorite music, or what ever , playing in the background while processing or loading ammunition, is time cherished at the end of the day.

I've only been loading for about 10 years and the way my arthritis is progressing might not be able to continue for another 10. Knock on wood.
Hey, you do you Jim! I feel where your coming from. One old(er) retired guy with arthritis to another. A couple of hours spent sitting with a favorite music, or what ever , playing in the background while processing or loading ammunition, is time cherished at the end of the day.
I gotta teach you two my "bunny fart" arthritis loads. Load them for my brother. Unfortunately his is so bad ATM, he cannot even hold a gun.

I think I may need to become acquainted with Marcus...
I you roll your own? Or just getting started. It's likely at some point you would.

I gotta teach you two my "bunny fart" arthritis loads. Load them for my brother. Unfortunately his is so bad ATM, he cannot even hold a gun.
I think as far as the bad joints go Jim has it worse than me. Loading helps keep the fingers loose and actually less painful than just sitting around. So single stage/turret is ideal for that.
Sad about your brother. hope i don't get that bad. But then, I'm learning that you get used to some bubblegum you never would have thought you would when you were in your 30s.

Last Edited:
I do bunny fart loads for the 38/357 and 40S&W, I love it and it's the only way I can still shoot proficiently. I recently picked up an XDM9, it will eventually replace the XDM40 for CC duty.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top