JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Alright folks I've got more equipment than bench space and am considering some offloading. I have 3 presses and curious what your thoughts are on which to keep, which to consider getting rid of.

Lee Load-Master
Lee PRO-1000
RCBS Rebel

I'm curious in your why/why-not thoughts on these. Thanks!

All their stuff is solid and they are in Eugene. Love their press lights, tool head holders, mounting, bases, etc.. All heavy duty and well made.
I saw that. Keep OR $'s working for Oregonians is a massive selling point for me. I have a 12' and an 8' bench, but still constantly struggling for workspace. I'm all over that!!

(Woulda been nice if you people would tell me these things BEFORE I built that 8'er. 🤣)

I'd keep the rebel. Been thinking about upgrading to that one over my rock chuck.

One of my buddies mounts his presses to a 2x6 or 2x4 and then clamps it to the bench. That certainly works for part time press needs.

I went with the Lyman universal stand. It covers my presses and was on sale. If I was reinventing my bench, Inline fabrication is a source of good stuff

Edit: I would keep the rebel if it handles your largest rifle cartridge well, if not then I'd get a rock chucker.
One feature that is really cool with the rock chucker is the 1in insert for large dies. It enables the Hornady LnL quick change system.
Makes switching dies really easy without losing your settings. Not required just nice to have.

Last Edited:
Me.....

I have three LEE M1000s (close enough to the LEE PRO 1000). Yup.....one each in caliber : 9mm, 38 special and .45 ACP. The bench has the space for one at a time (the rest in storage). That way, when I need ammo, I just switch out the press and I don't have to fiddle with settings.

Then, I have a RCBS Rock Chucker (single stage). It's mostly for loading rifle rounds. That's how I like to do rifle (a batch at a time).

And, I have a Dillon. It doesn't get much usage. It's one of the first offerings from Dillon, when they entered the market of progressive machines. I found it a PIA to change from one caliber to the next. Not to mention fiddling with the powder settings. It's far from the ease of todays Dillon 550. Maybe, I should dedicate it to reloading .223 caliber?

BUT, But, but......case prep.

1665509262883.png

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR