JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
By the same token the mini 14 should have used AR mags
Sort of? If they were going to attach an AR-like magwell to it sure. The difference is that a rock and lock mag design is already halfway to using an AK mag. Not so with the Mini-14. Though I'm not ever gonna say the Mini-14 should use 5.56 AK mags, those are expensive enough as it is!

I haven't pursued that option yet. I had a very nice barrel and mags lined up from a member here and went to order the Ruger when I realized it was bushingless. Why???

Guess they had to throw a monkey (but not a bushing) wrench into your plans :rolleyes: - seriously though, I don't get the deviation from standard basic 1911 principles. Takedown is easy, standard GI guide rod works fine, and barrel bushings are not hard to figure out or remove.

You could do a custom .38 Super Glock 20SF, then send Ruger a picture and a note to the effect of "wish this was your gun, but you had to be different..." :p

Some one all ready mentiond it, but a top break auto eject revolver, BUT in a S&W pattern, chamberd in .357 mag on up to .45 Colt! Also, the 1858 Remington pattern pistol in modern calibers capable of true magnum performance! Those would see some serious use, and I would be very happy to carrya pair proudly on my hips!:)

So the moral of the story is always go for quality vs cheep?
Well, in this case its just go for quality. Have you seen DSA's prices?

For the cash they're asking you'd think they would have very little quality control problems. :eek:

To build off their receiver would likely require more tools than I should even need. :mad:

Well, in this case its just go for quality. Have you seen DSA's prices?

For the cash they're asking you'd think they would have very little quality problems. :eek:
Yes........but my factory (pre-ban) FN is still worth 2 or 3 times more........good guns have never been cheep. There is always someone willing to take your money for junk.

Last Edited:
Yes........but my factory Steyr is still worth 2 or 3 times more........good guns have never been cheep.
The early DSA builds using Steyr parts on the LMT forged receivers are good... And still can be had less than what DSA asks for some of their rifles.

When DSA started making their own parts... Well what you get now is good luck.

I just wish Daniel Defense would sell their RIS II rails, particularly the Front Sight Base models. Or that somebody made an "eight-point" MLok or Keymod line of rails with FSP slots, preferably with sizes to fit 10.3, 12.5 and 14.5" (Mk 18, GL/SSC and M4) upper-receiver groups.

The early DSA builds using Steyr parts on the LMT forged receivers are good... And still can be had less than what DSA asks for some of their rifles.

When DSA started making their own parts... Well what you get now is good luck.

Not true! My brand newish DSA is flawless in every way, in fact, it's better then any thing I have ever seen before, including originals! It also out shines most current rifles from others like Springfield and the AR makers!
What ever problems they had in the past, their long gone now! I bought mine because i wanted a brand new rifle with 100% brand new parts and all the improvements in one Rifle! Price was quite a bit under MSRP, and the mags I got from them are about the best thing ever in FAL mags that actually work and have mag lips that stay put! This new rifle did require a bit of break in due to being so tight, but it's satisfying how well it runs and how accurate it is! Only mods I have made it, kr will make are the ultra rare South African rear sight bar and .051 rear apature that takes the rifle out to 800 meters, and the #3front sight pin with the -30 moa range, which combined with the new rear, extends the range to 1200 meters!

Not true! My brand newish DSA is flawless in every way, in fact, it's better then any thing I have ever seen before, including originals! It also out shines most current rifles from others like Springfield and the AR makers!
Seems to be more about luck.

After seeing a DSA at the local shop, I still prefer my Steyr build. The only mods I had to make were replacing the DSA stock and handguard with a steel Austrian handguard and Austrian stock, the proper flash hider, and adding a bipod. Oh and dumping the railed DSA dust cover.

My Israeli and Austrian mags run and run. The DSA mags I had, not really.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top