JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One that keeps bouncing around the old noggin is a Ruger Deerfield on steroids: rotary magazine-fed .30/30 WCF autoloader. I've seen rotary feed leverguns in said (e.g., Savage 99), so maybe it could work.

I'd like to have something like a turret or pod that solid mounts on a roof or pole or (fill in the blank) at the house. Ideally one in front and one in back. It would be non-lethal, but still something that'll sting like a BB gun or maybe pepper balls and also have a fully automatic option. It would need to hold like 20000+ BB's or a sufficient amount of paint/pepper balls in its reservoir. It would have a camera (with sufficient night vision) mounted on it and be either remotely controlled via a joystick or an app on your phone yet also have the ability to be placed in "auto" mode so it will scan back and forth across the yard and if it detects movement, would track the target and fire on it's own. Perhaps a warning shot or two, then if the "intruder" doesn't leave the area, would let loose. Could be used to keep deer, coyotes, bear, raccoons or homeless people off your property when not around. Might be kinda fun to target practice on the paperboy as he rides by on his bike. You know, hit the moving target thing. It would also have an intimidation factor like when the Kirby vacuum salesman or Girl Scouts trying to sell those delicious, yet incredibly overpriced cookies come a knockin, you could slew the barrel down and ominously point it at them. Have a little red LED readout that starts counting down from 30 seconds. See how long it takes for them to figure out what happens when it gets to 00. I don't know, this is probably illegal as hell, but it just sounds fun to me. I'm guessing there's already something like this out there, but I'm thinking this needs to be COTS and something that the common man can afford to purchase and fill with ammo.....:s0003:

A modern autoloader in 7.62x25. Maybe a S&W Shield, or something like a CZ75.

I would be very hip to a CZ-75 in 7.62x25㎜ Tokarev. The cartridge has a lot going for it, but there aren't really any modern guns chambered in said, and the one I had (Yugoslavian M57) was a pile of goat plop, metaphorically speaking.

I would be very hip to a CZ-75 in 7.62x25㎜ Tokarev. The cartridge has a lot going for it, but there aren't really any modern guns chambered in said, and the one I had (Yugoslavian M57) was a pile of goat plop, metaphorically speaking.
I keep seeing new cartridges being introduced that are basically duplicating what the 7.62x25mm already does (of course it was just an updated .30 Mauser itself) and have just been thinking "why not put it in a more modern gun?".

I keep seeing new cartridges being introduced that are basically duplicating what the 7.62x25mm already does (of course it was just an updated .30 Mauser itself) and have just been thinking "why not put it in a more modern gun?".

Agreed. And the thing is it shouldn't be all that difficult. Ammo for the 7.62x25㎜ Tokarev isn't as ridiculously inexpensive as it once was, but still available, both in the form of cheap surprlus and newly made fodder from companies like Winchester, like S&B, PPU, et al.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews