JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I refuse to read, click links, buy newspapers, watch news anchors anymore that are showing the so called mass shootings. IMHO... the more I read it, the more they report it, the more non-responsible people see it, the more non-responsible people go on shooting rampages.

I get caught up in these because I know for a fact, that I am a responsible adult, that will never, go on on a shooting rampage. And I know that I am ok to read about mass shootings but by me clicking the links it rewards the news channels (and their advertisers) for airing it, therefor I refuse. I may only do this for a while, but for the last 3 or 4 so called mass shootings, I have not clicked a link. (It is actually somewhat freeing)

They, the anti-2A media crowd, are so much impeding our right to bear arms, or own ammo and magazines, or 'transfer' weapons, I wonder if we could impede their right. Yes, I am talking about the first amendment. They have that right but that certainly does not mean everyone in the country should have the right to watch all the news. Criminals, that are possible mass shooters should not be allowed to watch the news or read the paper that has things about these shootings. They might get ideas from it. We would not be removing the right of free speech, just the right of 'certain dangerous individuals' to listen or read. With all the technology today they say they can put finger print identification on guns so they wont fire unless by the registered owner. Maybe we should lobby to put retina scanners on TV's, PC's, smartphones, and ipads, and if you have any violent crime history, or played to much halo or half-line in your dorm room then No News Channel, or ipad links for you. Who cares the cost of the retina scanners... If it saves even one innocent life. They take away our 30 round magazines, we take their 30 minute segment on the latest "life of (insert name of latest shooting suspect here)". Interviewing his first girlfriend or apartment manager.

Seriously lets, look deep into the past of the last idiot, so that other future idiots know all about the crazy ideas the first one had. And lets talk about how he made the bombs, or had bullet resistant armor.... And then lets spend tax payers money for public defenders and judges to have to take these guys to trial.
I cannot wait, until some shooter gets all their ideas from one news channel and one of the victims relatives has the mean$ and the balls to sews every nickel out of that media outlet. From my reading, the 2nd Amendment does not say "the right to bear arms, of law-abiding-citizens, shall not be infringed", that is just common sense. Just because it is legal under 1A to report on and basically make a celebrity out of the last shooter doesn't mean that you cannot be held accountable for what you print.

Ya, that freedom stuff really sucks.

I can apply everything you said to guns, speech or any other topic you care to mention that's protected by the constitution.

If *I* am the leader of the world, NO ONE would have rights except me. Because *I* am the only person on earth I trust with absolute certainty.

Since we live in a democratic Republic instead of GunGuy's perfect world, it means that we all have to agree to live in a system which any free man or woman would WANT to live. And yes, your right to call abortionists murderers and advocate for their arrest is exactly the same as Black people calling for reparations for slavery.

See how that works?

If you got what you wanted, we'd ALL be less free.

I agree that news media are irresponsible. Silencing them is even MORE irresponsible if you want to continue to live in a free country.

There are two triggers that would set me to killing elected officials and declaring war on the United States: repealing the 1st amendment or the Second amendment, in that order.

And I'm far from alone in that sentiment.

The immense harm that a free press does is NOTHING compared to what the government will do ABSENT a free press. Don't believe me? Spend a year in Byelorussia.

SNIPPED, to the Point...

There are two triggers that would set me to killing elected officials and declaring war on the United States: repealing the 1st amendment or the Second amendment, in that order.

And I'm far from alone in that sentiment.

The immense harm that a free press does is NOTHING compared to what the government will do ABSENT a free press. Don't believe me? Spend a year in Byelorussia.

Well, Pilgram, (John Wayne quote...) .... I think that the Founding Fathers were a bit more Respectable, back in their era, than the Most Respectable person is, in Our Era...

And so, I will choose to agree, to Disagree, with WHAT I SNIPPED OUT.

And get to the Meat & Potato's of your post. Firsta, is somewhat worthless, IMHO, Without Seconda ... And I know many who agree with that.

To Proof that theorem out, next time you are in the process of being Mugged, why just pull out your Quill Tip, and Ink, scratch out a request upon the Parchment.

Me... I will suggest, to ~even up~ the "current Problem", that they can Courteously have a Ten Foot Head Start, before Mr. Glock launches 230 grains of Full Metal Jacket, @ 750FPS. I jest. The trigger is squeezed, and then Offer the Head Start.

Like they say about Phd Degrees in UnderWater Basket Weaving, with one of those, and Five Dollars, you can get a small cuppa of coffee, at Starbucks.

Your analogy of Abortion to Reparations is erronious. Due to the old adage that one should always compare Apples to Appkes, and never Apples to Walnuts.

"All words are Equal". "Some Words are More Equal, than OTHERS". Comes to mind, if I can Paraphrase the book.

Sincerely,
philip, not equal to Anyone, but myself, and Only as Free, as I accept that I Am.

Since we live in a democratic Republic instead of GunGuy's perfect world...

See how that works?

Uhhhhh no, we live in a CONSTITUIONAL REPUBLIC. (But I THINK I know what you meant)

Just a suggestion; maybe prioritize the 2A over the 1A in that secenerio, because once the 2A is gone, you "shooting your mouth off" under the 1A will get your mouth shot off.

Thanks Stomper, not enough people understand we are a Constitutional Republic. This whole "democrats are for democracy in our democratic country where patriotism is synonymous with democracy" needs to get squashed.

Going through college I took the requisite U.S. Government and History class. Didn't look forward to it. Got a Republican hard-line teacher (rarity). Signed up for 2 years of his classes, and he got canned during my last class for failing a child who wrote a term paper on how the U.S. is a "Democracy for All". He couldn't drill the word Republic into those little heathens heads for nothing.

I have a deep seated loathing of the word democracy. People keep using that word and I don't think they know what it means.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top