JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Galco's side snap. Clips & OWB are a no go. Snap straps work beautifully. I used to use Galco's plastic versions of same. Far more secure than any paddle or clip arrangement. And they hug the body very close for good concealment. One way snaps are a must - Galco uses these but make sure if you go custom you specify one way snaps.

I have a pancake horse leather holster similar to a VM2. It has slots, Belt loops with snaps, and I added a pair of plastic clips from Crossbreed for between my pant and my shirt. The snaps are of that safety design which makes it hard to unsnap easily. I can wear this holster just about away I want.
However, Have you ever tried the remora holster? I have one for my 9mm Stoeger( Berreta Couger). This pistol loaded weighs about 40 ounces. The Remora doesn't move. I have placed behind gym shorts with very little movement. It is easy to remove. You can also place it just about anywhere you want without locking it to a belt. It plain works. ( No, I don't wear it all the time. But boy it is easy to grab slip my pistol in and out the door in seconds.)

OK ... I pulled the trigger on a holster order :)

- Looked at the Remora's and prices good ... but looks a bit squarish/biggly (haha), so maybe later - just not yet

- Bullard couldn't help me

- I still want my Galco as-is, so don't want to add snaps or clips

- TADAAAA... I went with the Richie Holsters CQ-QR in black. I liked the wider 'bands' that go around the belt and the overall quality, history, of the holster too. Not cheap at $140+shipping, but I never have trouble opting for the higher quality (or just more expensive?) options on this planet... I should have the holster by mid-June at the latest. I'll update here when I get it :)

Brian

Hi, I own a Galco 'Concealable Belt Holster' that I absolutely love and have used for many years:

- Fits the 4-o'clock position with super comfort
- Rides high and has a fairly aggressive forward cant
- Draws and reinserts with ease, but is very secure
- Open end, but barrel not exposed
- Quality leather and construction

My only complain: You have to take your belt half off in order to put the holster on. This one factor alone means I don't carry 90% of the time that I'd like, since I cannot wear a holster on the job (empty or not). If I could find (and this is where YOU come in) the identical holster, but with Kydex or similar, clips for slipping it over the top of the belt ... that would be great. I am not interested in plastic holsters, fancy release gizmos or any of that ... I just want my perfect leather holster (above), but with clips instead of belt loops. I see several solutions online, but would like to hear from actual users. Here's my holster (but smaller since it's for an XD9 subcompact):

View attachment 357314
I actually mount the holster one click back ... the loops straddle the belt loop at 4 o'clock

View attachment 357315
Answer A above is aweome ... works great!

CONCEALABLE BELT HOLSTER: Galco Belt Holsters at Galco

Thanks in advance!
Brian
Question: I also straddle a belt loop for my OWB G29. Do you pull out belt loops too? I have pulled 3-4 loops out of the fabric over time. I try and keep the belt tight so that the stress is on the holster, not the belt (which would pull up against the loop).

Good info, DirectDrive (thx). I did end up getting the Ritchie Leather close quarters quick release holster and I love it. It's funny though ... it almost looks like a clone of the one you recommend from Wes Dahl! I must admit... I've got a holster fetish or something ... always wanting a new one and loving it when I get one :) In any case, I'm quite happy with quality, fit and feel, and operational aspects of the CQ-QR from Ritchies... just what I was looking for. I've "retired" the Galco to the "spare holsters" shelf.... :)

Brian

Question: I also straddle a belt loop for my OWB G29. Do you pull out belt loops too? I have pulled 3-4 loops out of the fabric over time. I try and keep the belt tight so that the stress is on the holster, not the belt (which would pull up against the loop).

Lazyfaire ... No, I've never had a problem with belt loops failing on the pants. Depending on the pair of pants, I either put one loop of the holster before and one after a pants belt loop,or both holster loops fit between 2 pants belt loops. It could be that you wear your holster in a different spot than me, and your normal activity (sitting, standing) puts more stress on it. I like mine just a little behind 3 o-clock, not quite at the 4 o-clock position, but close....

Brian

Good info, DirectDrive (thx). I did end up getting the Ritchie Leather close quarters quick release holster and I love it. It's funny though ... it almost looks like a clone of the one you recommend from Wes Dahl! I must admit... I've got a holster fetish or something ... always wanting a new one and loving it when I get one :) In any case, I'm quite happy with quality, fit and feel, and operational aspects of the CQ-QR from Ritchies... just what I was looking for. I've "retired" the Galco to the "spare holsters" shelf.... :)

Brian
I just looked at that Richie.
Very nice piece of work !

People will buy the cheap imported stuff on Ebay to save a buck, but there really is no substitute for American craftsmanship.
You can look the world over and you will find that the best and most prolific group of leatherworkers are right here in the USA !

Last Edited:
Lazyfaire ... No, I've never had a problem with belt loops failing on the pants. Depending on the pair of pants, I either put one loop of the holster before and one after a pants belt loop,or both holster loops fit between 2 pants belt loops. It could be that you wear your holster in a different spot than me, and your normal activity (sitting, standing) puts more stress on it. I like mine just a little behind 3 o-clock, not quite at the 4 o-clock position, but close....

Brian
I usually wear mine OWB in a dual belt slide thru type and straddle the loop, but when I pull it pulls the whole holster up and stresses the other loops. Switched over to Cabela's jeans and haven't had any problems since. (Worst part is they now have a little tag that says "Ample" on it!) That hurts!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top