JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Washington state and the gun store didn't do background, is that normal?
Background forms filled out and checked are required.

If he bought it from a gun store that didn't run the check then he might have issues if he tries to sell it or gets caught using it for self defense.

If the gun store did not do a background check the gun store is in major trouble. Since the ATF requires them to write down all the details of the gun in their logs, if it goes out without a background check it is very easy for the ATF to nail them to the wall. It would make little sense for the gun store to risk their entire business for that.

If the gun store did not do a background check the gun store is in major trouble. Since the ATF requires them to write down all the details of the gun in their logs, if it goes out without a background check it is very easy for the ATF to nail them to the wall. It would make little sense for the gun store to risk their entire business for that.

i could be wrong thanks for information

I don't feel warm and fuzzy about the questions our Mr Hammock is asking. I feel led around by the nose and it stinks a little. Perhaps I'm too suspicious and sceptical.

There is way too much troll competition in the interWebs and you are not showing any promise of standing out as a memorable one :rolleyes:

Washington state and I'm not able to get the mods.
How do I know if its import or domestic?
Odds are its a parts kit build from a company. Probably Century but there are dozens of small manufacturers. All the markings should be there. It could be a home build that was sold and was in circulation before your friend or you purchased it, that would explain the lack of markings.

You meantion modding it, honestly you can do what ever you'd like to it so long as it meets state and federal law:
16" barrel being the key, and at least 26" with the stock (measured with the stock extended not folded)

So there really isnt much you can do to it to make it "illegal".. Unless you came up with a fire control group that drops in and gives you more than one shot per oull of the trigger..

ALL FFLs must preform a BGC.. I highly doubt they let you walk out of there without running one. All your answers are quite vague which is causing some concern.. You're not giving much info for us to work with. However you have dozens on guys on here (such as myself) that are trying to help you.

I hope you arent trying to troll, that wouldnt be funny.

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top