JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I am talking about the rifle. I was told that its illegal to own or have in possession due to added features. I'm not too sure whats on it though, I know I am stupid. Anyways like I said its not mine, I;m just curious

I am talking about the rifle. I was told that its illegal to own or have in possession due to added features. I'm not too sure whats on it though, I know I am stupid. Anyways like I said its not mine, I;m just curious

Find out what the mods are and that will help.

Also is it an import or domestic made rifle.

Where does he live?

If its a standard semi auto AK with an overall length of 26"/ or a 16" barrel you're good to go.

If it was an AK pistol we'd talk about the fine details that follow.. However this looks like a standard wasr or similar semi auto modern sporting rifle.. Which happens to be an AK variant.

A modern sporting AK variant can LOOK like its big select fire sister.. But at the end of the day it just a clone.
Odds are thats all this is just by the picture. Very very very few select fire AKs are in the hands of average joes.

So yes, its legal if it meets legal definitions. More info would help, the model type, closer pictures.. Etc.. And honestly who is in possesion of it.. Because a mere picture is worth a thousand words.. Without more info we can only help so much.

Dont feel silly about asking, this is a forum with folks who are more than happy to help answer any questions.

It appears that the 'added features' are internal which may indeed be illegal depending on what function they perform. Worst case, you may have put your finger prints on a felonious firearm, never a good thingo_O

It appears that the 'added features' are internal which may indeed be illegal depending on what function they perform. Worst case, you may have put your finger prints on a felonious firearm, never a good thingo_O

Its semi-automatic.. if thats what you are referring to?

I know Im poking fun, but we really cant tell you a thing from that pic...

need to know manufacturer, model, location, import date, yada, yada...

not near enough to go on....

As far as I know, there are no "evil features"in WA

More info!
WHAT added features?
It's possible your friend was referring to a 922r non-compliance issue.
It's possible that the "added feature" is a selector switch.

Both would make the gun illegal.
One is easy to remedy with a few parts.
One gets you a 10 year vacation at club fed.

All conjecture if the only info we have is a fuzzy picture of some sort of AK.

thanks everyone it was worth a shot
Legality of a firearm is a tough one to judge just by a pic.

First it depends on location.
A legal firearm in most states is probably illegal in California, and NY and NJ.
a regular sized magazine is illegal in many states.

Next depends on parts. If it is semi auto its fine. if for some reason it is full auto then it is not fine unless it is already a registered machine gun (and therefore would cost $30,000+)

Next is internal parts. we have a very stupid federal law 922r that says several parts of an imported gun need to be American made. THat's very difficult to tell even when looking inside the gun.

But after all that, if it is a regular AK 47 rifle that someone bought at a gun store in Washington state (the gun store makes sure all the parts are legal) then it is still a legal firearm to own.

I live in Oregon and have something similar.

these guys are joking with you because its actually a very difficult question to answer because of all the crazy firearm laws (something like 15,000 of them) we have in the US

Legality of a firearm is a tough one to judge just by a pic.

First it depends on location.
A legal firearm in most states is probably illegal in California, and NY and NJ.
a regular sized magazine is illegal in many states.

Next depends on parts. If it is semi auto its fine. if for some reason it is full auto then it is not fine unless it is already a registered machine gun (and therefore would cost $30,000+)

Next is internal parts. we have a very stupid federal law 922r that says several parts of an imported gun need to be American made. THat's very difficult to tell even when looking inside the gun.

But after all that, if it is a regular AK 47 rifle that someone bought at a gun store in Washington state (the gun store makes sure all the parts are legal) then it is still a legal firearm to own.

I live in Oregon and have something similar.

these guys are joking with you because its actually a very difficult question to answer because of all the crazy firearm laws (something like 15,000 of them) we have in the US

Washington state and the gun store didn't do background, is that normal?

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top