JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have some neighbors (man & wife) who deal with an identical commercial problem as I. When we were discussing this problem recently the topic turned to guns. They had just purchased their first handgun, a Glock 43, and although he could manipulate the gun well, she couldn't rack the slide. He's mid-60's, she's ~70 with arthritis. She said she wants a revolver.

As a try-before-you-buy, I offered to let her play with a couple of ours.

Yesterday we had a shooting event at a neighboring property. 3 families involved. Was a GREAT day. We pretty much stuck to .38 special. End of the day, this gal indicated she really enjoyed my wife's 640 Smith, had no problem running it, and wanted to know if I would sell it. Answer there was 'NOPE'. I typically buy, don't sell. So, I suggested my favorite candy store and they're gonna go looking. Probably be tough to find one, I wish them luck.

They indicated they wish to continue learning how to safely shoot. I offered to help where I can.

Good stuff...

I guess it's a good time to have arthritis…. A few EZ options out there for ease of operation. Wink wink. Wise to consider a revolver. Or recommend one of those "rifled barrels that'll cut your targets/threats in two"
It's been said that introducing the reality of firearms to non shooters; helps the 2A movement. The legislation against 2A is often from ignorance.

Good on you for taking out folks new to shooting. Good karma headed your way for that! Age and arthritis / poor grip & hand strength is a common issue. Some will find a revolver works for them, others will not. We have introduced many to the S&W EZ and now Equalizer line, Walther also makes a PDP-F for smaller grips and supposed lower racking forces. Even after teaching methods to rack a slide, some find certain models challenging. Good friends like you and ranges that rent guns are a new shooter's friend.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top