JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Did Inslee conveniently miss the Federal declaration that FFLs are "essential" businesses? They cannot shut down gun shops and not allow F2F transfers, that's a defacto denial of your 2A rights. Perfect setup for a lawsuit if you can find someone to take the case on.

Did Inslee conveniently miss the Federal declaration that FFLs are "essential" businesses? They cannot shut down gun shops and not allow F2F transfers, that's a defacto denial of your 2A rights. Perfect setup for a lawsuit if you can find someone to take the case on.

Surprisingly, many gunshops have heeded Inslee's directive. But others are staying open, and openly challenging him to shut them down. Not only did the Feds declare gun shops essential, but there's enough legal maneuvering room to likely successfully battle the State.

Really surprised that some gun shops closed!

Just re-checked, looks like the gun shop near my home has re-opened, following social distancing guidelines.
I guess they didn't wanna get left out!

Well, if the same logic for learning to drive a stick first applies to guns you should start 'em on a .416Rigby. Or atleast just a sawed off 12 gauge.

I started my son on a 100+ y/o Marlin 20A 22LR pump action that apparently hasn't been cleaned in 90+ years! The gun was being very finnicky. I definitely prefer it when things are more difficult, you learn more.

Speaking of sawed-off, I did offer to let my son shoot my KSG-12, he didn't seem too interestedo_O

I started my son on a 100+ y/o Marlin 20A 22LR pump action that apparently hasn't been cleaned in 90+ years! The gun was being very finnicky. I definitely prefer it when things are more difficult, you learn more.

Speaking of sawed-off, I did offer to let my son shoot my KSG-12, he didn't seem too interestedo_O
I inherited an old shotgun years ago that had some very old oil in it deep down. It took me forever to get the darn thing reassembled when I was done cleaning. Checking out all of the hand-fit parts was a lot of fun though. Fascinating.

Sadly, it's an advisory declaration, not a mandatory one: Guidance on the Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce | CISA

emphasis in original:
This list is advisory in nature. It is not, nor should it be considered, a federal directive or standard. Additionally, this advisory list is not intended to be the exclusive list of critical infrastructure sectors, workers, and functions that should continue during the COVID-19 response across all jurisdictions. Individual jurisdictions should add or subtract essential workforce categories based on their own requirements and discretion.
If you click the "+" by "LAW ENFORCEMENT, PUBLIC SAFETY, AND OTHER FIRST RESPONDERS", you find that "Workers supporting the operation of firearm or ammunition product manufacturers, retailers, importers, distributors, and shooting ranges" are considered essential, but the caveat noted above still stands. So don't look to the Feds to protect your rights.

My local Sportsmans Warehouse has a Browning BL-22 "Youth" model that is so cute I can barely resist grabbing it, even if for an adult (me) it would be a bit cramped to shoot. But I have enough .22's in the herd.

My local Sportsmans Warehouse has a Browning BL-22 "Youth" model that is so cute I can barely resist grabbing it, even if for an adult (me) it would be a bit cramped to shoot. But I have enough .22's in the herd.
Great little guns! They are a bit short in the pull, but for a youth trainer I can think of few finer.
There's some great pawn shops in Everett (Sound Pawn is where I go) and all along Broadway are shops specializing in guns.

Relating to cramped, FYI I'm going to put a folding stock on my Armscor 22 bolt action threaded barrel youth rifle (wood stock). The first iteration will be using a sig brace with buffer tube which is pretty long just cuz I have it from another 22. That setup ruins the looks obviously cuz part wood stock and part AR looking brace/stock.

The 2nd iteration will probably be using the sig folding adapter and wood stock on back. Sort of like the arisaka wood stock folding paratrooper rifles. One could dial in length of pull desired by how you situate the folding adapter (or by using a thicker folding adapter such as ace or utg instead of the slim sig folding adapter). I like to have compact for travel and long for comfort. Fun to play with this stuff when price of gun new is < $120 out the door.

Here is a sound test using low end suppressor and subsonics (combo of bolt action and 18" barrel makes it crazy quiet).

Last Edited:
Relating to cramped, FYI I'm going to put a folding stock on my Armscor 22 bolt action threaded barrel youth rifle (wood stock). The first iteration will be using a sig brace with buffer tube which is pretty long just cuz I have it from another 22. That setup ruins the looks obviously cuz part wood stock and part AR looking brace/stock.

The 2nd iteration will probably be using the sig folding adapter and wood stock on back. Sort of like the arisaka wood stock folding paratrooper rifles. One could dial in length of pull desired by how you situate the folding adapter (or by using a thicker folding adapter such as ace or utg instead of the slim sig folding adapter). I like to have compact for travel and long for comfort. Fun to play with this stuff when price of gun new is < $120 out the door.

Here is a sound test using low end suppressor and subsonics (combo of bolt action and 18" barrel makes it crazy quiet).
This got my thinking about doing it so I went ahead and did it. Not sanded and stained or anything just rough cut for now. First one is wood stock with sig folding adapter second is with sig brace which of course looks a bit odd but length of pull is perfect for the armscor. Reg AR stock would go on buffer tube if using that option but I won't, just a test for the AR thing. Wood one both sides of adapter could be set into stock to reduce gap dramatically if a person wanted to. Or bigger adapter would increase gap.
A30300A3-5809-4D39-8EB7-FD0D314DE3D5.jpeg
26E95235-E4DE-4BED-B5D9-6A64F5F8FA23.jpeg
E7128F87-D126-4A63-8D25-49437607392C.jpeg

Last Edited:
The first one looks pretty good.
Thx! It reminds me of some kind of prosthetic leg, maybe a bionic/robotic one ha ha.

As far as looks both sides of the adapter could be set into the wood with some dremel time (not worth it to me) and then would almost match up with no gap I would guess (the little hinge would still be visible on left side).

But now it fits in my backpack range bag which is what I'm after mainly. The longer length of pull is a bonus for me. I bought two of these guns. One will remain unmolested but the other one is for experimenting. Unfolded (won't fit):
F1221E51-0A3D-46B9-82BC-1067BE4B21CA.jpeg
Folded (will fit):
2D89E4CC-824F-452D-B497-214D7FE0999D.jpeg

I live in WA state.
Been on sort of a mission lately to buy a Henry lever action youth 22LR rifle. My wife and young son are now into shooting, and I only own stuff too powerful for them.
Do you guys know of any way a guy in SnoCo could acquire a firearm (plinker) easily during this time?
Ranch & Home in Kennewick reps Henry and is open for bid'ness...
Buy it online or over the phone, have R&H ship it to your local FFL, go pick it up.

I live in WA state.
Been on sort of a mission lately to buy a Henry lever action youth 22LR rifle. My wife and young son are now into shooting, and I only own stuff too powerful for them.

WA state is in a kind of gun sales "limbo" where Inslee has declared gun stores non-essential, with most complying, but some are still open including one near me.
I went there on Friday and, of course, they were slammed busy and understandably are only interested in selling what they have in stock (they are very focused on ammo right now) and don't have any time to order a H001Y for me as they have a line out the door. Totally understand.
Then I tried to order online at Cabelas with store pickup and I got to the final acceptance form online and it kept giving an "error" which I will assume is just Cabela's not selling guns due to Inslee (to be clear, Inslee said gun shops must close, not "stop gun sales").

I tried 2 local WalMarts but they didn't have the model I want.

I doubt I could get an FFL accomplished right now.

Do you guys know of any way a guy in SnoCo could acquire a firearm (plinker) easily during this time?
I don't know if you have Bi-Mart stores in WA, but the one over by me has Henry lever action .22s in their sales display racks. If there are any Bi-Marts up there it might be an option.

Laast summer when I went back to visit in Montana my trusty old rem. 510 quit on my kids. I was only there for 4or5 days but the kids were staying with grandparents for a couple more weeks. I went to Scheels in Great Faolls and found a great price on a Ruger Americam 22 bolt rifle. No questions asked and I even mentioned I am a Wa. resident to which their only reply was "sorry", and "do you feel bad about not paying sales tax?" I asked about handguns and that was a totally different story. Not sure about Oregon but a couple years ago I bought a hunting rifle from the Cabelas in Tualatin with no problem but I think things may be different now. Up where you live the only place I have ever dealt with is Skagit arms. Did a transfer for a gun I bought from Murphy auction. Not sure how far you are from them but if they are open I highly recommend them. What is your price range? I know one guy to ask and I will PM you and let you know what he said. Good luck and keep us posted.

P.S. I just looked on their site and under the New Firearms tab, the first statement on that page says "As always, if you can't find the New Rifle, Handgun, Shotgun, or Muzzle Loader you are looking for, just let us know. We will gladly place a special order if the make and model is available through our vendors. "

Laast summer when I went back to visit in Montana my trusty old rem. 510 quit on my kids. I was only there for 4or5 days but the kids were staying with grandparents for a couple more weeks. I went to Scheels in Great Faolls and found a great price on a Ruger Americam 22 bolt rifle. No questions asked and I even mentioned I am a Wa. resident to which their only reply was "sorry", and "do you feel bad about not paying sales tax?" I asked about handguns and that was a totally different story. Not sure about Oregon but a couple years ago I bought a hunting rifle from the Cabelas in Tualatin with no problem but I think things may be different now. Up where you live the only place I have ever dealt with is Skagit arms. Did a transfer for a gun I bought from Murphy auction. Not sure how far you are from them but if they are open I highly recommend them. What is your price range? I know one guy to ask and I will PM you and let you know what he said. Good luck and keep us posted.

P.S. I just looked on their site and under the New Firearms tab, the first statement on that page says "As always, if you can't find the New Rifle, Handgun, Shotgun, or Muzzle Loader you are looking for, just let us know. We will gladly place a special order if the make and model is available through our vendors. "

Been looking at the Henry Lever 22S/L/LR Youth, which is in the $300 range, mainly because I want a lever action and my wife and kid would both appreciate the light weight of the gun, under 4.5 pounds. I'm also looking forward to trying it with 22 short ammo to see if the neighbors really won't hear it, we have a HUGE rabbit problem in my neighborhood:mad:

I think West Coast Armory is open today, I may see what they can do.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top