JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not saying you're guilty BUT...…………..

You're driving a Mustang, manual trans.. Is it a GT or more, GT 350/500, Shelby, Cobra? If the answer is yes, I'd like to point out that at no time in my history(for what it's worth) have I owned a fast car, and I've owned a few, did I not speed. Further more, only old people buy a fast car and drive like old people. Unless you're old, well...……….
Also, the fact that you have a radar/laser detector in your car and not a cheapo, I might add, me thinks maybe you were speeding. Maybe not where you think they hit you with a SMD but earlier. I know it's real easy to go faster than you think you are in newer hotrods, I had a Challenger R/T a few years ago and sometimes it was hard to keep it under 75.
Good luck though.

I was able to download information but it would not show speed. Just locations.

They don't have the servers to save information on every person that uses the app. They'd also need to go through some legal stuff to track that stuff. As I said earlier, get a GPS tracker/odometer that saves all the information and you can pull it up on an app. If you had that on you at the time of getting pulled over and showed the cop he would've walked back to his car with his tail between his legs.

Certainly looks like traffic enforcement is getting a bit more aggressive. Last night there was a patrol car in the fast lane that just happened to quickly follow me to my exit (on the right) through a construction zone, then zipped around me once we were out. Joke's on them, my old truck is slower than molasses :p.

Sucks you got a ticket you feel you don't deserve. Hope it works out

One thing I noticed about PPB traffic enforcement is they will disclose damning events right away to let you know you're cooked. If they didn't.....maybe its not there?
Well, the officer didn't have much to say. He said I was lasered but didn't specify if it was him or the other officer, then when I questioned him more, he said he lasered me. But there was a second officer involved, what was the other officer's role in all this? hopefully I will find out when I request further info. I was not shown the LIDAR gun or whatever used to tag my speed. I also didn't ask to see the device, to be honest. But I deffinately looked surprised and didn't believe what was going on. If I was the cop, I would have shown the driver.... but that's just me and I don't think they are obligated to do so.

I can't accuse the officer of being dishonest because I have no proof but something is/was off with his body language and lack of care and verbal response.

I do security work and have over ten years of experience. I can detect when something is a foot most of the time just by observing body language. Something was deffinately off that night.

My gut tells me intimidation was a big factor. Maybe they thought they found an easy target and that I won't go as far as fighting it.... who knows.

No matter what happens, karma will come back on those officers IMO. He who laughs last, laughs best.

Certainly looks like traffic enforcement is getting a bit more aggressive. Last night there was a patrol car in the fast lane that just happened to quickly follow me to my exit (on the right) through a construction zone, then zipped around me once we were out. Joke's on them, my old truck is slower than molasses :p.

Sucks you got a ticket you feel you don't deserve. Hope it works out
They know people got their stimulus checks, so they wanna get their share lol.

Worst case, I'll pay the $270 and deal with my insurance points. And when Karma catches up to the dishonest maggots, justice will be served mother nature style lol. I doubt the officers are as aware as I am with regards to the economic BS going on, so when he/they (the two cops involved) loses their pension and all those years worked goes down the drain, they will get a taste of their own medicine.

I appreciate the comment.

In case nobody has make this recommendation, Byt a high quality dash cam that also track your vehicle speed, so that way, if this was to occer again you have video of what your actual speed was.

Not saying you're guilty BUT...…………..

You're driving a Mustang, manual trans.. Is it a GT or more, GT 350/500, Shelby, Cobra? If the answer is yes, I'd like to point out that at no time in my history(for what it's worth) have I owned a fast car, and I've owned a few, did I not speed. Further more, only old people buy a fast car and drive like old people. Unless you're old, well...……….
Also, the fact that you have a radar/laser detector in your car and not a cheapo, I might add, me thinks maybe you were speeding. Maybe not where you think they hit you with a SMD but earlier. I know it's real easy to go faster than you think you are in newer hotrods, I had a Challenger R/T a few years ago and sometimes it was hard to keep it under 75.
Good luck though.
Traffic was very light, I would never chance it by speeding.... that would be like shooting fish in a barrel for the coppers. I was not speeding at all, I had left home early and had plenty of time and I was not in a rush.

I have my detector because I like to know when cops are around, situational awareness. But as I stated, I could have been a bit over 50 by a few miles... but no way was I going 75. I would have been able to detect it if I was going that fast. When I get on I-5 south and speed limit is 65, I can totally tell I'm going that fast. I am not a speeder in the city. In the back country roads with no one around, I'll carve some turns here and there, but nothing crazy.

I have a 3.7L V6 hahahaha not a GT or above. I bought the car as a daily drive and not a racer. I specifically got the V6 so I couldn't and wouldn't get in trouble lol.

I wish me luck too, thanks bud.

Another thought, less people driving, less tickets getting issued, less revenue...

Perhaps, they are upping there dishonesty to up revenue since there simply aren't enough folks on the road as there once was.

I was pulled over three times in one month back in 2014 right after me and the wife moved back to Portland from Louisiana. Couldn't help but think it was predatory based on out of state plates. One of them resulted in a warning, one of them the guy walked away on it, and the third the guy issued the ticket but didn't show up. I would have fought all three because they were all 100% bogus - up to a citation for speeding in a construction zone when nothing was posted and the only "construction" activities happening was a reader board on the side of the road stating the road was going to be closed for construction days later. That's the guy that didn't show up o_O

I was able to download information but it would not show speed. Just locations.

If it shows times between point A and point B, speed can be calculated.

What you need to present is reasonable doubt. I know that the app Life360 tracks your path throughout the day. I can see where my daughters have been and know how fast they have driven there. I don't use Waze, but am thinking the data is there, you might just need to extract it.

I may suggest that you ask for record of the traffic stops prior to and after your infraction. See if they have the same speed as yours? Were they at the same stretch of roadway? How many tickets did he issue his shift? How many times a shift does he calibrate his device? What method of calibration did he use? When was the last time the unit was in for recalibration at the shop? When was the last time he was certified to use the equipment? Has the unit been dropped? How is it stored? What were the weather conditions? These are all questions that he should have records of. Put him on the hot seat. Go for reasonable doubt in the case. It is not just about the ticket. It is about your insurance. Sounds a little fishy if you ask me?

I may suggest that you ask for record of the traffic stops prior to and after your infraction. See if they have the same speed as yours? Were they at the same stretch of roadway? How many tickets did he issue his shift? How many times a shift does he calibrate his device? What method of calibration did he use? When was the last time the unit was in for recalibration at the shop? When was the last time he was certified to use the equipment? Has the unit been dropped? How is it stored? What were the weather conditions? These are all questions that he should have records of. Put him on the hot seat. Go for reasonable doubt in the case. It is not just about the ticket. It is about your insurance. Sounds a little fishy if you ask me?
Good stuff! Thanks.

Does the data show time and date stamps? Maybe you could derive your speed...
It showed time and place but not every single step.

I have reenacted my driving from that night, it indicated that I was between the speeds of 52-55. If I didn't intervene by tapping ony brakes and kept cruising, I was getting close to 60 mph before the tunnel. So without me using the gas, I have no idea how I was going 75 mph that night, assuming the cop was being honest and had properly functioning equipment.

It showed time and place but not every single step.

I have reenacted my driving from that night, it indicated that I was between the speeds of 52-55. If I didn't intervene by tapping ony brakes and kept cruising, I was getting close to 60 mph before the tunnel. So without me using the gas, I have no idea how I was going 75 mph that night, assuming the cop was being honest and had properly functioning equipment.

Sounds like you can present at least a rough analysis of your speed based on the data you can pull. Might be enough...

Sounds like you can present at least a rough analysis of your speed based on the data you can pull. Might be enough...
Yeah I guess. I would be admitting to speeding technically, but I in this case, I am fighting the fact that I wasn't going 75 not me doing 52 to 55 etc. But it depends on how the judge is. I already have 3 strikes against me. 1. Me vs two cops, 2. LIDAR, 3. Liberal courtroom and probably a liberal judge. He/she may not accept my gps app info. I know I won't be mentioning to the court that I was running a radar/laser detector lol. Pretty sure that would be used against me lol.

Yeah I guess. I would be admitting to speeding technically, but I in this case, I am fighting the fact that I wasn't going 75 not me doing 52 to 55 etc. But it depends on how the judge is. I already have 3 strikes against me. 1. Me vs two cops, 2. LIDAR, 3. Liberal courtroom and probably a liberal judge. He/she may not accept my gps app info. I know I won't be mentioning to the court that I was running a radar/laser detector lol. Pretty sure that would be used against me lol.

I wouldn't worry about those points to much. Calm and reasonable Joe Citizen presenting his side of a traffic stop is probably a nice break in a judges day.

If it shows times between point A and point B, speed can be calculated.

What you need to present is reasonable doubt. I know that the app Life360 tracks your path throughout the day. I can see where my daughters have been and know how fast they have driven there. I don't use Waze, but am thinking the data is there, you might just need to extract it.

Whoa, WHOA... WHOA!! Biggie is security, Biggie don't do no math... :s0108:;)

You will get the Officer's notes on the back of the citation in your discovery filing if he made any. You will also get the CAD (Computer Aided Dispatch) information of your traffic stop. That will be about it.

I've fought tickets and won by showing up and giving my account.

Nothing to lose but money.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads