JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Last night I finally broke down and got out every gun in the house and took pictures of them, and entered serial numbers and identifying info into a spreadsheet. I then FTP'd those files to my off site server space for safe keeping, and also saved the files locally. This makes me feel much better about leaving home for a day or two, even though I'm heavily insured. What does everyone else do about saving data on the guns they have?

What does everyone else do about saving data on the guns they have?
exactly what you do... I have cloud storage I can access from any computer anywhere. Uploaded pics of everything... was for naught though I lost everything a year ago in a boating accident and now no longer am interested in guns.

I need more insurance. I have my home owners policy maxed out at what they will cover for firearms and it would only probably replace a small part.

I do have everything recorded and well documented though.

Just a hard copy in the cookie jar. Don't like digital lists of the firearms I may or may not own floating around cyberspace for anyone who may be smarter with puters than me.

I just finally did the same thing. I felt a little apprehensive about saving the info digitally also, but I figure the NSA probably already had better records of my guns than I did.

I have three hand written copies. Two in safes. One hidden in the pantry.

I have SN#. Price paid. And I constantly update the values.
I want my wife to have a guide when I die. Even though I told her to do what she want's with them. I don't want them to burden her in any way. They were my passion.

Of course this method can backfire on you.
You may come home some day and find your wife with the list and a calculator!

Thought I was gona die! :D

I have a software program (aka-app... LOL) that has all the physical data, and an attached photo of the piece in a nice organized list that's easily referenced.

I keep a copy on a couple different USB jump drives located at different locales in case of a total disaster and need to make an insurance claim, or file a police report.

If I owned any, they would be in a trust and there would be at least one person who does not live in the same house as I do that would be a member of the trust with a list of what I had.

I need more insurance. I have my home owners policy maxed out at what they will cover for firearms and it would only probably replace a small part.

I do have everything recorded and well documented though.
Think about switching homeowners to USAA if you qualify. I recently added coverage to my USAA homeowners for firearms over and above the standard amount. They are now covering everything and it was on the order of $10 every 6months.

Think about switching homeowners to USAA if you qualify. I recently added coverage to my USAA homeowners for firearms over and above the standard amount. They are now covering everything and it was on the order of $10 every 6months.
I am dropping my NRA coverage, which was slightly more expensive and a hassle to keep up with.

This is a good reminder for me. I did this once before, but have added some since then. I have photos of everything, but need to update all the firearm details.

I dropped USAA last year. Went through a friend that was a broker got me the same coverage but saved me and my wife about $400 a year and another $400-$500 on my homeowners.

The only time I needed USAA when an uninsured driver hit me. I ended up having to get a lawyer to threaten to sue them after 2 years of misery.
Now 15 years later my back is still jacked up.
I have no love for them.

I've been using USAA for 15 years now, and I've had numerous claims, mostly cars, but some homeowners. They've performed flawlessly every time. I'm not going anywhere else.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top