JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Theoretically, yes. Just like theoretically, it's not a good idea to let people own cars that drive 200 miles per hour."

Oh wait, he is a car Anti. I'd like you to try and come and take it buddy!

Well kitchen is a good spot. Easy to sweep up.

Ive built a few AR15 rifles in front of the tv..no vice or fancy tools...granted im not doing an 80% but still fun.
Just a nail and hammer for roll pins and good dexterity.
I did this while watching an episode of burn notice...50minutes in my boxers
20141227_174525.jpg 20141227_192048.jpg

A nail? A NaiL? Oye....
ive assembled over 2dozen upper and lowers without a punch...either pliers, vice grips, channel locks or a filed down 16d nail served the purpose...recently i bought a roll punch set...i assembled an ar a few nights ago in 39minutes....if i took the parts to my shop where my vice is im sure i could shave it down to an even 30....

Im not saying it cant be done, or even cant be done well. I just cant understand why you would want too. I am a tool junky, I want the right tools for the job. I have put together far more than two dozen, But I probably have close grand worth of AR specific tools too.

I am afraid that there are those in my family that as we speak are planing a AR intervention

Last Edited:
Im not saying it cant be done, or even cant be done well. I just cant understand why you would want too. I am a tool junky, I want the right tools for the job. I have put together far more than two dozen, But I probably have close grand worth of AR specific tools too.
I agree...and i am a tool junky...im a self employed guy and build custom homes and remolded for a living and my primary hobby is metal fab/building off road trucks/ rockcrawlers....so my tool budget is well spent in those areas....then after that i hit the golf course.....then once i brewed some beer and drank my money away, that is when i have time to play with and or assemble a gun or two...haha...im getting more involved though. ..ill get more serious on my first ar308 build.

I own a Blacksmith fab/metal shop. Pretty much most of my net worth is invested in tools :D

I do build the occasional truck, motorcycle or even bicycle though....

I dont have to build 80% lowers in my kitchen at least.

164270_4706197659943_1599661085_n.jpg

truck.JPG wingnut.jpg madd hammer.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews