JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Theoretically, yes. Just like theoretically, it's not a good idea to let people own cars that drive 200 miles per hour."

Oh wait, he is a car Anti. I'd like you to try and come and take it buddy!

Well kitchen is a good spot. Easy to sweep up.

Ive built a few AR15 rifles in front of the tv..no vice or fancy tools...granted im not doing an 80% but still fun.
Just a nail and hammer for roll pins and good dexterity.
I did this while watching an episode of burn notice...50minutes in my boxers
20141227_174525.jpg 20141227_192048.jpg

A nail? A NaiL? Oye....
ive assembled over 2dozen upper and lowers without a punch...either pliers, vice grips, channel locks or a filed down 16d nail served the purpose...recently i bought a roll punch set...i assembled an ar a few nights ago in 39minutes....if i took the parts to my shop where my vice is im sure i could shave it down to an even 30....

Im not saying it cant be done, or even cant be done well. I just cant understand why you would want too. I am a tool junky, I want the right tools for the job. I have put together far more than two dozen, But I probably have close grand worth of AR specific tools too.

I am afraid that there are those in my family that as we speak are planing a AR intervention

Last Edited:
Im not saying it cant be done, or even cant be done well. I just cant understand why you would want too. I am a tool junky, I want the right tools for the job. I have put together far more than two dozen, But I probably have close grand worth of AR specific tools too.
I agree...and i am a tool junky...im a self employed guy and build custom homes and remolded for a living and my primary hobby is metal fab/building off road trucks/ rockcrawlers....so my tool budget is well spent in those areas....then after that i hit the golf course.....then once i brewed some beer and drank my money away, that is when i have time to play with and or assemble a gun or two...haha...im getting more involved though. ..ill get more serious on my first ar308 build.

I own a Blacksmith fab/metal shop. Pretty much most of my net worth is invested in tools :D

I do build the occasional truck, motorcycle or even bicycle though....

I dont have to build 80% lowers in my kitchen at least.

164270_4706197659943_1599661085_n.jpg

truck.JPG wingnut.jpg madd hammer.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top