JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't like pink either, but I will totally go for a pink AR. (I do however like purple)

I knew you were a man of refined taste! Purple rules! :)

In all seriousness, women are completely different creatures. If a purple or pink AR gets them into guns and out on the range, then so be it.

Also, if you've never spent any time of Cerekote's site, they have a huge gallery of past projects and what people have done. You and/or your girls may find it fun to browse and get ideas. Just a thought. ;)

Go for it Wombat! The economic situation in the AR industry may never see prices so low again. Easy enough to make them another color later if desired.
I got my granddaughter a pink/lavender Ruger SR-22 on her leaving the Navy and she loves it! Loves her favorite grandpa too!!!
:)

Build it! Pink if thats what they want. Sounds like one is lefty like dad and one is right handed. If you need to start slow build 1 lower with pink furniture and have 2 uppers in pink one being RH and one LH.

Ask them what they would prefer. My daughter is girly as they come but she didn't want pink or any other color on her guns. She has pink holsters and other gear but her pistol and AR are plain Jane black.

As to my opinion on pink or other girly colored firearms...it's not for me but I am all for it, especially, if it gets someone into shooting who otherwise may not have.

The largest growing segment of the firearm market is new woman shooters, thus all the pink, purple, teal, etc. etc. color guns. I say cool.

It's a long-time tradition in my family to give a .22 to kids on their 10th birthdays. (No BB guns until we have had a safety course and prove we can handle the .22. BB guns are too easy to pass off as toys, which makes them dangerous.) So when my granddaughter Elodie turned 10, I got her a Ruger American in Muddy Girl Camo. It's pink but it's also kinda wild. She loves it, and we have great times going shooting.

At that age, their color tastes will change. Sooner rather than later. Build one for each, together, with inexpensive black furniture. Let them glitter, nail polish, or paint to the heart's content. Solvent removes all that when they're ready. Let them know they can do whatever they want as long as it's reversible. You'll be huge in their eyes.

Last Edited:
I'm a male and I built a purple AR... For me... I like purple. I like yellow too, but I didn't want an AR that bright. Just about everyone has black, OD green FDE, etc. I like mine dark purple. I had a couple friends give me poo about it. One even asked if it was a memorial to Prince (the musician). I don't care. It's mine. If shtf and I need to go full camo, I may hit it with some back paint or something to darken it. In the meantime, I enjoy my purple pew pew.
Buy/build whatever makes those kids happy. It will be remembered. I can't wait until my little girl is old enough for me to do another build. :)

Last Edited:
My daughter would probably shoot with the pink AR if I gave her one. She constantly reminds me that she hates pink. Just for fun, I buy her something pink to spin her up. I am with the members that say let them choose the color and maybe help. Make it in a camo pattern though.

I think it was @EPS that did a purple AR for his sister? Turned out nice. I'd be in favor of the idea.
IMAG1151.jpg IMAG1150.jpg

If you can't decide between pink and purple you can make the rifle one color and then get the kids a sidearm in the other color. Ruger has some brightly colored .22 pistols. My wife usually shows no interest in pistols but recently the Kimber Micro-9 in baby blue seemed to jump out of the Bi-Mart gun case at her.

Also, maybe you can get a child sized tactical vest in a fun/bright color. Man, I can't wait for my goddaughter to turn 6 or 7...

I think colorful guns are awesome. My girls like the purple 'Muddy Girl" camo but bright pink is cool if it enlarges the pool of people who shoot.

When it's needed though, even the pretty wood and shiny bluing on any of my firearms will be flat black and wrapped in burlap.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews