JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have two daughters. They are young and love girly things and inexplicably, swords and knives. I was thinking making a magpul pink gun for them to start on. I assume I will need at least one righty gun, (and my ARs are lefty) Any thoughts from dads with daughters?

You could always build 2 and set them up with .22 conversion kits. As they get older, revert back to .223. If their tastes change, so can the furniture. ARs are like Legos (or Barbies) so there are infinite possibilities. The girls will always remember that dad built them special just for his girls.

I got my daughter a Savage Rascal, single shot bolt action, when she was 5. Slows her down having to reload every time so she can concentrate on the fundamentals. She's seven now and still growing into it. Oh, and the entire stock is pink, she loves it!

Do it. I got my wife into rifles with a pink AR. It might be a bit overkill, I'm looking to start my kido when the time comes with a Cricket or 10/22. My first time out with my dad was with a 10/22. Also another good starter is the CZ 455 scout. Ships with a mag delete so you have to load it one at a time, but you can eventually give them magazines.

Ask them what they would prefer. My daughter is girly as they come but she didn't want pink or any other color on her guns. She has pink holsters and other gear but her pistol and AR are plain Jane black.

As to my opinion on pink or other girly colored firearms...it's not for me but I am all for it, especially, if it gets someone into shooting who otherwise may not have.

The largest growing segment of the firearm market is new woman shooters, thus all the pink, purple, teal, etc. etc. color guns. I say cool.

My girls are little. (5 and 4) They are just starting out. The idea for a conversion kit was assumed. I was thinking I could start them with .22 and then have them move on up as they get older. That way I could give them a dad built gun. One currently loves pink and the other purple. But the fact is, I want them to find it fun now.

My girls are little. (5 and 4) They are just starting out. The idea for a conversion kit was assumed. I was thinking I could start them with .22 and then have them move on up as they get older. That way I could give them a dad built gun. One currently loves pink and the other purple. But the fact is, I want them to find it fun now.

That how old mine was when I started her shooting. This is her first gun, again, the black one.
https://www.henryusa.com/rifles/mini-bolt-youth/
It fits their little bitty selves.

Definitely go with a light weight barrel. I'd probably go with a LW FF handguard and eliminate the FSB. A short, LW stock like the BCM gunfighter, Magpul SL or even the standard Colt carbine style.

I'd just grab a 14.5" BCM middy upper w/ their new MCMR.

Last Edited:
I just finished a AR9 pistol for my daughter, dressed in pink. I jumped on the $10 pink Sig Brace deal and ran with it. She loves shooting it to no end! Her first gun was a Cricket 22 single shot, now that she is 10 it was time for something a little more!

I have two daughters. They are young and love girly things and inexplicably, swords and knives. I was thinking making a magpul pink gun for them to start on. I assume I will need at least one righty gun, (and my ARs are lefty) Any thoughts from dads with daughters?
I have some pink AR furniture I don't need anymore if you decide to go that direction

Make one purple. Sharing sucks when it's that special at that age... ;)

The first gun I ever shot was a Webley MKIV trainer in .22 cal... it was fun. I remember the recoil being manageable, but noticeable then. I suggest .22 lr for your AR build.

I also just want to say that I think it's great that you're taking the time and effort to do this for your daughters. Speaks to one's character as a good and honorable human being.

DO IT! I don't have kids but two little (8 and 11) year old cousins and they love their pink ARs. Their dad and I built them last year as their Christmas presents. Full sized AR-15s, full pink furniture but with full Magpul M-LOK furniture in flat dark earth for both guns when they grow out of the pink stage. Built with the exact same stuff as their dad's AR but with a .22 conversion kit until they move to .223. They love that their guns look just like dad's.

I have a friend who built a Seafoam AR for his Granddaughter. She competes
with it.:D Looks like this one. ;););)
c8be0f7dce94055a055ea3dc85df362f--vortex-ar.jpg

8a18a6108ef63a7810cbc881084b912b--tiffany-blue-gun-tiffany-and-co.jpg

Do It! Now days it makes perfect sense with ARs so cheep, and you can get or coat parts any color you want, i say go for it, any thing to bring new shooters to the good side and build a life time of positive gun experience!:)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top