JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Buying machinery is only worth it if you can bring your total cost well below buying the real McCoy. Otherwise you're just spending money for the giggle factor

RE : Home made firearms.

Note:

1686508524101.png

and

1686508747361.png

Aloha, Mark

PS....."Loophole" or "Prepping"?

BUT, But, but.....last I checked, MURDER is still against the law.

LOL.....you might have misunderstood. It's also about keeping you safe from yourself. Thus, the Govt needs to regulate and be involved at every step of your life. Even when the item is not offered up for sale or being used in an illegal manner.

Last Edited:
Zip guns, nothing new here.
View attachment 1435938
Brings back fond memories growing up in NYC during the 50's. We would make the barrel out of a section of car antenna, the firing mechanism was a small door bolt with the face of the bolt filed down to hit the rim and instead of a spring we used a couple of rubber bands looped around the bolt handle to the front of the frame. The barrel was wrapped to the frame with a couple of rolls of electrical tape in case the barrel blew. To load it you just pulled the bolt back and dropped the little handle into the rear notch, put the cartridge into the barrel and flipped the handle up out of the notch to fire it. Total cost zero....

As "tech" keeps getting better and better making anything gets easier and cheaper. 3D printing is getting amazing compared to what it was even just a handful of years ago. CNC machines too have come down to a price where a lot of people who want one could just go buy one. Of course there is a LONG way to go from ordering a machine to sticking a piece of metal in it and turning it on to have it make a gun.
Now LONG before Al G invented the net people were making some guns like Sten's just from getting idea's from others who knew what they were doing. Some of the simple open bolt designs were invented to make weapons fast and cheap. Looks at things like the Sten, or the M3 (Grease Gun) for example. Don't need much in the way of tooling to be able to cobble together something like that and actually make it work. Now price wise? Doubt I will see a machine in my life time that just "makes a gun" cheaper than I can buy one. Not that it will not happen some day the way we are going.

Brings back fond memories growing up in NYC during the 50's. We would make the barrel out of a section of car antenna, the firing mechanism was a small door bolt with the face of the bolt filed down to hit the rim and instead of a spring we used a couple of rubber bands looped around the bolt handle to the front of the frame. The barrel was wrapped to the frame with a couple of rolls of electrical tape in case the barrel blew. To load it you just pulled the bolt back and dropped the little handle into the rear notch, put the cartridge into the barrel and flipped the handle up out of the notch to fire it. Total cost zero....
YEP! Look at those slam fire shotguns people make out of some stuff you can buy in the plumbing section of the local hardware store. That is if you can still find a hardware store any more. :D

Is it worth the money to buy the machine, can you build other guns?
"Worth it" is in the eye of the beholder, but yes, you can build other guns with it. The main list is:
AR 0%
AR 80%
G-pattern 0%
Polymer80 PF940c (G19)
AR10 80%
AK 80%
1911 80%

It's a fully programmable CNC, so you can also design and mill your own stuff. Just need to learn how to do G-Code. There is NOT presently a jig or code for doing the G17 Polymer80 variant (PF940V2), just an FYI.

:s0140:comprehension is suffering too.
Oh man, don't even get me started on that one.

I exercised the poor judgment to join "Nextdoor", which is supposed to be a hyper-local social media network. Think "Facebook for your neighborhood".

And yeah, reading comprehension is often non-existent. For example, someone will post some tale of their run-in with a Karen at the gas station, and as you read the comments you start seeing people misinterpret details that couldn't have been more clearly stated, or you'll even see people "invent" details about the interaction that were never stated at all! I'm always like, "Did you actually read the original post?? If so, did you understand what you read?? 'Cause it kinda seems like you didn't." And this is a very regular occurrence. The lesson? Don't join Nextdoor. Your neighbors are even dumber than you thought!

Speaking of reading comprehension, sorry for the post derail. :)

$2500, hmm, not too bad. Have to figue out how to be a Glock guy first. CZ does not use this type of chassis. The P-10 models are hinged, forgot what the P-07/09 uses.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top