Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

I almost bought a Kel-Tec tonight

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by PlayboyPenguin, Aug 13, 2012.

1. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

My hatred of Kel-Tec products is pretty well know. I despise the things. Still, I was so tempted to pick up one of the KSG shotguns tonight. They had them at Wholesale for $799. They would be such awesome Zombie shotguns.

2. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

That's almost full retail but I might go for one if I could find it!! Which store?

I already have five shotguns but one more wouldn't hurt and then I could sell the others! Although I should keep a long barreled one for "sporting use" in Canada. Don't think the KSG would qualify for use in Canada!

3. mrblond

mrblond Salem OR Well-Known Member

From what I understand they are pretty hard to find atm and some dealers are offering the ones they have at a huge mark up, like a grand or more.

4. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Should have bought it. It would sell easy here on the forum for $900 if you didn't like it after blowing a couple hundred shells through it.

5. MBGraphix

MBGraphix Salem, Oregon Member

I just finished up watching some videos of that shotgun. I didn't realize it holds 7 rounds in one tube and 7 rounds in the other. Very sweet. Total of 14 rounds. That would indeed be a good "Zombie Gun" !

6. shooter58

shooter58 Vancouver, WA Active Member

I also have been facinated with that shotgun. Not in the market but if I came across one I would probably have to have it.

7. civilian75

civilian75 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

+1, Come on,PP! Cough it up!

8. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

The Vancouver Wholesale Sports.

9. shooter58

Oh great, I was just in there and somehow avoided the gun section. Would like to see one in person and see what happens...

10. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

The Portland store also received five of them.

11. CharonPDX

CharonPDX Portland, OR Active Member

It is a very good thing I live on the opposite end of town from that store - and I rode my bike today - and I have an after-work meeting... Otherwise, I'd be going home with one. As it is, I wouldn't be able to make it there until after they close, and odds are they'll be sold out by the time I get off work tomorrow.

12. shooter58

My wife is no help in these situations either. If she is with me and see's my reaction when I have one in hand she just says "well why dont you get it".
    Thats how I bought my Mossberg 930 a few month back. I never go into a gun store without her...

13. Kimber Custom

Kimber Custom Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

I'm struggling to find sympothy for you here.

14. jayleno

jayleno Western PDX Member

+1. I'd have one and be eating beans and rice for the rest of the month...quarter...year.

15. SynapticSilence

SynapticSilence Battle Ground, WA Well-Known Member

They've got one up for bid on Budsgunshop.com. With four hours to go, bidding is already at $1275. Insanity.

16. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

I just can't believe that a gun store has a Kel-tec KSC in stock. I thought they were just for people willing to pay $1200+. That is great news. Now if a gun store I liked, maybe Curts, would carry them .... $800-$850 a I'd have to ....

retiredgal and (deleted member) like this.
  17. MBGraphix

MBGraphix Salem, Oregon Member

In case anyone in Salem is wondering where to find one?

WHOLE SPORTS has 3 left... as of 8/15/2012

If you go to buy one, be sure to mention you "heard about it from NorthwestFirearms.com"

:thumbup:

18. blackgunsdan

blackgunsdan Clackamas, OR Active Member

Bought mine today at noon, they got 10 in yesterday and were down to 5 when I was there; the guy behind me was getting one too. I would call and make sure they have any left before you drive.
    Curt's does not stock any Kel-Tec products, nor will he order from them I asked Curt to order me a KSG, he said no to long of lead times.

19. chizuck

chizuck central Wa. Member

I got a KSG from my favorite little store for 650 out the door. I got to say I have taken it out twice and am real happy with it. It is going to take some getting use to switching the tubes and loading with it to your shoulder and it desperately needs sights. I would love to pickup another one but no one around me has them and if they do they want 1200 or better.

20. Iceman04503

Iceman04503 Portland, or Active Member

The clackamas location is out of stock as of earlier this evening.