JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Last Edited:
%2F-bVpzLCX3DF8%2FTiCA6CodgJI%2FAAAAAAAADIw%2FvXLNImiHTkw%2Fs400%2FHappy_Happy_Joy_Joy_by_reemis.jpg
1ff99e3734b87d218246d16f2ac04694.jpg

I have my reservations that the WSSC will throw it out like they did the first one because "the NRA will not win in OUR HOUSE". I could be wrong but I do not trust these liberal judges who legislate from the bench!!!:mad::mad::mad:

You must have apparently read only the headline and not bothered to read the article. If you had taken just even a quick look at the content you would have noticed the lawsuit was filed in a US District Court, not in any of the state courts. That means it will be bypassing the Washington State Supreme Court, and instead progress through the US District Court, then the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, and then be appealed to the US Supreme Court at about the time that Ruth "Buzzy" Ginsberg kicks the bucket and gets replaced.

Time to grab some popcorn and watch all the other organizations pile on. My money is still on SAF... Seriously it's Alan's home state.

Did you read the complete article or just the headline? If you read the whole article and specifically look at the image of the cover page of the complaint, you will see that SAF and NRA are joint plaintiffs.

Did you read the complete article or just the headline? If you read the whole article and specifically look at the image of the cover page of the complaint, you will see that SAF and NRA are joint plaintiffs.

Yeah I caught that, contemplated going back and editing my post, then decided it was still an accurate sentiment.

My money is still on SAF.

The complaint: https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/5130487/SAF-1639-Complaint-11-15-18.pdf

Alan Gottlieb, executive vice president and founder of the Bellevue-based Second Amendment Foundation, promised that more legal challenges against the initiative are in the works.

"We made it known that we were going to file this lawsuit in advance," Gottlieb said. "And this is just phase one of our legal attack."

Gun-rights advocates file lawsuit to block I-1639, the gun regulations measure approved by Washington voters

Last Edited:
You must have apparently read only the headline and not bothered to read the article. If you had taken just even a quick look at the content you would have noticed the lawsuit was filed in a US District Court, not in any of the state courts. That means it will be bypassing the Washington State Supreme Court, and instead progress through the US District Court, then the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, and then be appealed to the US Supreme Court at about the time that Ruth "Buzzy" Ginsberg kicks the bucket and gets replaced.

I saw the D.C. in the article but failed to put the two together, my bad.

And now begins the first stage of gun owners telling them no.

Hopefully the second stage isn't

Send it

Depending on perspective, one method of creating lasting change may be more effective than the other. I think one of those two options would sure get the point across more thoroughly and more conclusively.

You had better have a lot of popcorn to watch this one all the way through. SCOTUS doesn't seem to be eager to take on 2A cases lately. Hopefully that changes as the bench is further restored with non-activist judges.

You had better have a lot of popcorn to watch this one all the way through. SCOTUS doesn't seem to be eager to take on 2A cases lately. Hopefully that changes as the bench is further restored with non-activist judges.

Yeah - interesting, what other jobs can you just say "nope don't want to do our job on that one"

Seems rather contradictory to the purpose of having a court if the court doesn't do what it is paid to do.

Yeah - interesting, what other jobs can you just say "nope don't want to do our job on that one"

Seems rather contradictory to the purpose of having a court if the court doesn't do what it is paid to do.
House and Senate are the first two other jobs that come to mind, where they frequently say "nope don't want to do our job on that one"

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews