JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Speaking of the lawsuit. Perhaps I've missed it.....so, why was there no mention of:

the cost to citizens (BGC, training, medical records proof, etc...) to exercise a RIGHT?

the required re-qualification for a BGC every year?

the required formal training issue?

the State's need to examine private medical records? Did the law even mention a "standard" for disqualification?

the need for a waiting period when I already own several other firearms?

Ok, Ok, ok.....I have other concerns too. But, it's a start.

Infringement is infringement. So then, requiring me to pay money and jump through hoops to exercise a RIGHT is in my opinion "unreasonable". If these same restrictions were applied to voting.....I'd bet, that the SCOTUS would say that the restrictions were UNREASONABLE.

Aloha, Mark

Can you say "Poll tax"?
There is so much that is illegal and unconstitutional in that initiative. I'm guessing that someone needs to be actually presented with that renewal "fee" before he/she can actually sue about it and get an injunction.

Can you say "Poll tax"?
There is so much that is illegal and unconstitutional in that initiative. I'm guessing that someone needs to be actually presented with that renewal "fee" before he/she can actually sue about it and get an injunction.

You're probably correct. Moot issue until there is "Standing and Harm" and probably more stuff etc... Just costing more money and time and effort.

What was it that William Shakespeare's Henry VI said about lawyers? LOL.

Aloha, Mark

This might be inconvenient for the pro 1639 folks;
Article XIV (Amendment 14 - Rights Guaranteed: Privileges and Immunities of Citizenship, Due Process, and Equal Protection)
1: All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
Too bad this isn't adhered too!

All should remember that Sporting Systems is and has been there for us in this battle. When needed we should support them and the others that are carrying the flag.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads