JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Ummmm, say honey! Ummmm, I need a few seconds to, Ummmm.....warm up my pistol!":)

Ummmm, no real help, I'd been married over 30yrs before OR became a shall issue state. I would tell her right there that I had intended to bring it up and would like to take her to the range. If it freaked her out, I'd go home, take a cool shower and waste about three seconds worrying about it before I went to sleep. You do not want to get into a relationship with someone who begrudges you your lifestyle!!!
Wow! Lifestyle, begrudges, relationships! I've turned into a liberal hippy!o_O SRG
Well said, you old hippy!

Don't tell her on the first date. If after the first date you like her ask her out shooting for the second date. Then if there is a third date tell her you are carrying. Could be a good chance if there is a third date she is carry also.

From experience, just come out with it---if she balks, leave her and don't look back.

If she's down w/ it, good, proceed with mental gold star, return to previously scheduled programming.

Works almost like this.

h47918AC0

elsie

Pull it out (the gun) and put in on the table with authority. Tell her there's some things you can't tell her about yourself.
Sometimes you have to go to "work" and may be gone for for a few days. When uncle sam calls you have to go, no questions asked.
Tell her you do the things others can't to ensure the safety of the free world.
Then pop a bottle of wine and commence passion.

When you get done pick up your phone and say. "Yes Sir, I understand. Wheels up in 30 mins. Copy that"
"Sorry babe, they need me in france"

I was laughing the whole time i typed this

OK, this is brilliant!

I spend a fair amount of my energy tamping down my urge to talk about guns and the 2nd Amendment all the time. I seem to bring it up in every conversation I have with just about anybody (except with the liberal ninnies at my work...). I couldn't even imagine getting through an entire evening without already having that discussion.

Hey, ya gotta hook 'em first.
True story.. a room mate (gal) set the stage for me to talk on the phone to one of her gal pals.. "she's perfect!" she said and she talked me up too over some days, because I'm cool and all. So here comes the fist phone hand-off and the first thing I say is, "I'm eating a bacon and peanut butter sandwich" (because I was).. well that was it for me.. she said "eww" or somesuch and said goodbye.
She probably hated Elvis too so I didn't cry too much about it.

I had a funny thing happen the other day that isn't really related to this thread but I was headed home from work and saw a couple of guys hitchhiking, maybe 20 something and 40 something. Had lots of room in the rig so picked them up as I was pretty sure they were headed to the ferry landing. I had forgot when I went camping over the 4th of July I had taken my combat knife off my bug out bag and stuck it behind the front passenger seat in the cargo netting.....so The older dude gets in front and the younger guy in the back....small talk ensues (they'd been out kayaking with scouts and lost a PFD so came to the island to get another). Then in 5 minutes we're to the ferry, no big deal.

So I mention it to my wife as a good deed for the day and she says I wonder what they thought about your big knife, weren't you worried they might try to use it? I said wow, no, not really I had forgotten it was still there and also rule number one.... and she said why? I said rule number ONE, she goes what's that? I said I simply would have pulled out my forty 5 and said Never bring a knife to a gun fight. Rule Number One.

Thread worthy content inserted here: Early on when we were dating we discussed firearms. I told her I was raised with them and they were part of my life and a tool. She was scared to death of them because as a young teenager her and a friend walked in to find another male friend who had blown his brains out. She does want to learn the bow so we'll start there and I'll get her comfortable before moving up to hog legs and boom sticks.

Brutus Out

Last time this happened to me (second date):

Her: Would you like to stay the night?
Me: Yes... I don't feel comfortable leaving my gun in the car. Do you mind?
Her: You going to shoot me with it?
Me: No. Not planning on it.
Her: Okay then...

If that is a true story it is wonderful

Upon unbuckling my pants I would put my carry piece upon the night stand with a smidgen of authority. I would look her right in the eye and explain that I am a romantic barbarian. That piece of steel I just laid down could've saved her life earlier that evening. Then I would tell her to take me now before she spoils my moment any further.

Thats what John Denver would've done. Yes Annies song would be playing softly in the back ground
Also wear 13 year old Old Spice

Happily married for 7 years, but when my wife and I started dating, she found out on the first date. She gave me a hug and wound up banging her arm on the butt of a P226. Strange look, she asked "what's that?" I told her I carry a firearm for my personal protection. That was that. She said "Ok."

I was actually on the telephone with her during an incident where I came close to having to use the gun - I was chatting with her on the phone while headed to a call one night. Some hot headed road rager in a jacked up Ford had some driving issues. He wound up passing me on a 2 lane (plus center turn lane) road, whipping a 90 degree turn and parking in my lane of travel almost causing me to hit him. He jumped out of his truck shoved his hand in his pocket like he was going for a gun and started screaming at me incoherantly. I dropped the phone and drew my pistol, leveling it at him through the door. He hadn't pulled his hand from his pocket yet, so I didn't show him the gun. After a moment his facial expression changed, he ran back to his truck and sped off. I holstered up, drove around the corner and had to let my heart rate return to normal. When I picked the phone back up - she said "Are you OK?" and I explained that I came close to shooting someone but I was fine and he took off. She said she was glad I had a gun. I took that as a good sign.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top