JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

How often do you live fire your defensive carry gun(s)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Last trip to the range was Tuesday. I rotate what I bring, but always bring a mix of things along to keep it fun. Tuesday it was my Ruger ranch Mini 14 in .223, a Winchester AE lever action in .357, my S& W 686 snubbie in .357, a ruger Mark IV with can, and my AK in 7.62. Next trip I'm thinking military style with a 1898 Krag-Jorgensen, a 1903 Springfield in .30-06, my Garand, my .45 Springfield and my Bushmaster in 5.56. Then western style with a mix of winnie's and Colt peacemakers. I could go on.

I bet...

"One second between shots, please..." :rolleyes:
That is one big reason I have stayed at the old place I am a member of. They allow you to practice double and triple taps. The one newer one out by me I have not tried yet says at orientation on line 3 seconds between each shot. Will get over there at least one time to try them. If they really are enforcing that it will be the only time I go for sure. Sadly any more its a day trip to drive to where I can shoot outside and only open few months a year :(

That is one big reason I have stayed at the old place I am a member of. They allow you to practice double and triple taps. The one newer one out by me I have not tried yet says at orientation on line 3 seconds between each shot. Will get over there at least one time to try them. If they really are enforcing that it will be the only time I go for sure. Sadly any more its a day trip to drive to where I can shoot outside and only open few months a year :(
I remember going to the Seattle PD range once. It was open to the public. I had a couple of machine guns I had been working on and I wanted to test fire them. I was an SOT at the time and could have them legally. The RO informed me that as a civilian I could have one round in the magazine. Kinda hard to function check a machine gun with one round in the mag.

Trying to answer a nigh-on unanswerable question, but I go OUT to shoot at least twice a week, but more often three times a week, concentrating on a good shot for every squeeze of the trigger, no matter what it might be attached to. Black powder is usually a weekly thing, too, either a muzzle loader or a BPC rifle of one kind or another.

No fancy stuff on the range - easy when we have no handguns except for BP or gloopy-looking excuses for handguns that just make most folks laff. Try drawing a 23" long 'handgun' from a holster and you' ll see what I mean.

OTOH, I CAN practice my much-loved 'sneaky' rifle shooting any time I like - and do. No backstop fireweed is safe from my predation, of that you can be certain.

Whinemeal, here at home, I can shoot air pistol 24/7, if I had a yen to do so - same with air rifle. In deference to our NDN, I tend to shoot during the hours of daylight, even though the noise is muted by their screeching kids.......

I do not pay a per visit range fee and where I shoot doesn't require much driving, so I go frequently...
I am of the opinion that skill improves more with eight visits to the range using 25 bullets each time as opposed to those same 200 bullets being shot in a single session.
For what it's worth, I typically take 2-3 firearms and shoot about 125 rounds per visit. This is where reloading and previously stocking up on components pays off.

I changed scopes on my .22 rifle so need to re-zero that, and made some 410gr stump pullers for my 480 Ruger...., Maybe I'll have time to put together a test batch of 50gr Speer TNT's for my .223 varmint gun. Thursday is looking like a blue-bird go to the range kind of a day.

Not on a normal pattern due to ammo and weather. It's been since the beginning of winter for me. Probably the longest non shoot stretch since I started shooting.

I went to Salmonberry yesterday but the no shooting sign was still up. Went down to Wolfcreek Rd and luckily someone was just leaving lane 3. Also, just as I was leaving and picking up my brass, a guy showed up. He guy said thanks, for keeping the place clean. I asked if he was a member of NWFA, he said no. He was in Jeep club that packs out trash sometimes.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top