JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know where he's getting it. (1982) he must have a time machine .Even if you reload it's not saving you that much,but you do get the kind of ammo you want.

So I was about 7 then so I don't think I was buying much ammo then. Try about 5 years ago. It was back in that long ago time when fuel was under $2/gal also.

I don't stock as much as I used to, but, I do stock components. I can turn 1,000 of anything I shoot in two hours. I keep enough loaded on hand in case opportunities arise.

I found that if I loaded too many I felt I wanted to experiment with the load but had to deal with thousands of rounds first. (Tough problem.)

I don't stock as much as I used to, but, I do stock components. I can turn 1,000 of anything I shoot in two hours. I keep enough loaded on hand in case opportunities arise.

I found that if I loaded too many I felt I wanted to experiment with the load but had to deal with thousands of rounds first. (Tough problem.)

Now all you need is those "Two Hours". Hopefully you'll get some advance notice.

I try to keep 1,000 rounds of anything I might need with me. That's what they make ammo cans and storage space under rear seats of pickup trucks for. That way I can feel more comfortable about making it back to where I keep "The Rest".

I'm obviously out of my league around here, owning only 2 guns (rimfire, at that). Well, until I get my handgun this month! :)

But for what it's worth, I stopped "binging" once I had ~1500 of 17HMR and ~5000 22LR. This is roughly 1/3 ammo can of each caliber; my ultimate goal is to keep a full can on hand...at which point I'll set a new goal :D

I will likely start keeping an eye out for sales again, once I get my handgun.

Out of curiosity: does anyone else label their ammo with the purchase date? I suppose it sounds a little eccentric, but I figured I might as well use the oldest stuff first. And I certainly buy more rounds than I shoot!...and sadly, I don't get a chance to shoot much.

I'm obviously out of my league around here, owning only 2 guns (rimfire, at that). Well, until I get my handgun this month! :)

But for what it's worth, I stopped "binging" once I had ~1500 of 17HMR and ~5000 22LR. This is roughly 1/3 ammo can of each caliber; my ultimate goal is to keep a full can on hand...at which point I'll set a new goal :D

I will likely start keeping an eye out for sales again, once I get my handgun.

Out of curiosity: does anyone else label their ammo with the purchase date? I suppose it sounds a little eccentric, but I figured I might as well use the oldest stuff first. And I certainly buy more rounds than I shoot!...and sadly, I don't get a chance to shoot much.

I do not label with a date, but it is a good idea.

I don't label, I just take from the front of the stack and put all new in the back. Age with ammo is not all that big a deal. I've shot 30 year old ammo with absolutely no failures. Only thing that seems to kill it is water. Wet ammo corrodes the cases and if wet enough will kill the primers.

Yeah, I heard that the age of ammo was pretty much a non-issue. I mostly started labeling to (casually) track how often I buy/use it up. If my stash were bigger, I could have a more defined "front" and "back". :) some day

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top