JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am pretty sure you will need an FFL for this. You're constructing a firearm for the purpose of sale. Or look at it this way, the lower is a firearm by law so you would be buying a firearm for the purpose of reselling it. Don't mess with the ATF.

I resold a bunch of lowers during that little scare. Probably 12 or so in less than a few months. It's more of a grey area. If your looking to do it for money, might be worth getting the proper licensing.

If you are doing it for profit?
None
If you are doing it to enhance your collection?
I don't believe there is a limit.
Now the BATF may make you guilty until proven innocent (yeah to hell with your constitutional rights,this is the BATF after all)

I am not a Lawyer or ever played one on TV, all the same know enough to best to get legal council from those that do it for a living than ask for it here.

Just curious. I can call the local ATF office but I know there's some people on classifieds that sell all the time.
I'm just going to stick with not doing that. Last thing i want is black suits knocking on my door

If you do it for profit you need a FFL. If you sell to many firearms the ATF will come knocking and strongly suggest you get the FFL or stop what you are doing. Our own Pinkhamr (Randy Pinkham) (god rest his soul) ran into just that. ATF noticed how many firearms he was dealing and strongly suggested he upgrade to a FFL. He did and all was well. ..................For a while but that had nothing to do with the ATF.

If you are "in the business" of buying, selling or manufacturing, then you will need at least a standard FFL. For the manufacturing you will probably need the manufacturers license too.

It is less about the number than the intent, and yes, by posting what you did you just proved intent, and the action of buying parts, assembling them and turning around and selling them, you prove intent.

Don't mess with the ATF or the laws, you know you need the licenses, either get them and follow the rules/laws, or don't do it at all - it isn't worth the prison time. You would be better off selling illicit drugs - you would make a lot more money for the same or lesser risk.

Yeah i'm ok with all that. I have no intent on getting the licenses for now. So i will just atick stick with having my own fun. I just figured it would be fun to build some. Have as a hobby, buy in bulk, but I don't want to deal with the headache and BS.

There are more than a few guys I don't see at the shows anymore because they decided to do what they want and to he!! with the licenses.
I am not a Lawyer or ever played one on TV, all the same know enough to best to get legal council from those that do it for a living than ask for it here.
Yeah nobody on here knows anything,lol
So if you follow Will's advise ,interview the lawyer to see if has any clue about firearm laws before you take his advice

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top