JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The OCD in me wants to put a shim under the right side and attach that to the wall with L brackets...............:confused: Good use of that space though.

If it's that bad you better not go into my reloading room. You'd have a psychotic break, Not to worry though as I was a Psych Nurse....:s0073:

Greg

Dies that get used often stay in a tool head in the press, or on a toolhead stand. Dies that aren't used at all at this point, but I keep for emergencies, those are in a box tucked in the back.

I have some left over 1/2" Baltic birch that I made this shelf out of. They are made to fit RCBS and Hornady boxes with room for odds and ends of Lee and other boxes on the right. I was getting tired of always seeming to need the box on the bottom of the stack. Working on another project for Dillon boxes and a few tool heads on stands along with hangers for primer tubes. I'll post those when finished.

DieStorageF1lores.jpg DieStorageS1lores.jpg

WillametteWill that is a very nice set up.
Thank you kind sir. (Presuming sir since there is a male on your avatar.) I was soooo tired of always needing the box that was on the bottom of the stack of dies. Problem solved (a first world problem). Hope I can get to my Dillon shelf project this week. Photos to follow if I do.

I have a unique system on my bench whereby I have half of an old entertainment center flipped on it's side and makes a perfect addition for storage and fit my bench perfectly for width.

I added a couple plywood shelf's to set my dies and other stuff on.

IMG_2650[1].JPG

Most all of my die boxes are empty, so I store them in bankers boxes. Then the boxes go up top on storage. I got tired of switching things out on the XL650, so I bought more toolheads. Make's life easier for me. It's still a work in progress and I need to attach the powder holders still. I'll post another picture when completed.

Jon

View attachment 872701
Ho Lee $#!+, that's impressive.

I have some left over 1/2" Baltic birch that I made this shelf out of. They are made to fit RCBS and Hornady boxes with room for odds and ends of Lee and other boxes on the right. I was getting tired of always seeming to need the box on the bottom of the stack. Working on another project for Dillon boxes and a few tool heads on stands along with hangers for primer tubes. I'll post those when finished.

View attachment 875588 View attachment 875589
I like this set up for die storage. Beats just stacking them on top of themselves.

I use the Dr. Seuss method:

I store them here. I store them there. I store those buggers everywhere.

Okay, so I actually store them in the drawers of my reloading bench. There are many different sizes and styles of boxes, but the only one of those that really makes me wonder "whose big idea was this?" is the round plastic see-through container from Lee for my .480 Ruger. Gee, thanks Lee. (That sucker goes in the bottom drawer with other miscellaneous junk.) The other rectangular boxes at least meld together somewhat when stacked. I keep the ones used most often in the top drawer, the others in the middle drawer. Some of those in the middle drawer have never been used. Heck, some of them I don't even have a gun of that caliber. They are holdovers from when my dad would reload for friends, neighbors or relatives. Most of them, including Dad, have long since passed. I hang onto them because, well, you never know when a guy might pick up another gun in a different caliber.
Ya gotta love that odd ball LEE box. :s0092:
I wouldn't have it except for the LEE sizing die being my, "extra step" to keep from ruining any more .458 SoCom brass. :rolleyes:

My son has a neat set up for dies.
I will snap s picture of it when I go back to New York for deer hunting next week.
He bought shelf hangers from Lowe's and put 1/2" shelves spaced so the die holders fit with a little extra room to grab them.
I will be making the same after I get back from hunting.
With the shelves your not digging for what you want.
A real neat time saver.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads