JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just keep them in boxes in a closet in the house. Wipe them down with light oil when done. Now and then check to make sure all looks good and wipe down again when not used in a long time. As long as you are not storing them in someplace that's not heated they are safe. If you wanted to keep them in a shed or garage that's not heated sealed up with some descant would keep them safe.
I keep them in a drawer in the reloading bench in the house I keep them clean and oiled after each use
Not a whole lot of reloading going on these days...

Watching Hoarders and feeling motivated...

Love the threads on different boards and the net of people's reloading set up. Kinda would like to focus on a more specific aspect here.

Going through stuff and trying to organize everything. Keep coming up with the same question(s) - how to best organize all these different (sizes) of boxes of dies? Big red Hornady boxes, smaller green RCBS and everything in between.

Also have the different tool heads for Dillon 550 which are...

...awkward.

How do you all store this stuff?

Any other pointers for storage and keeping of your reloading gear?

I made a rack with 1/2" plywood shelves that have room for four die sets and are double stacked.
There arefor shelves si it holds 32 sets of dies. The ones I hardly ever use are stacked on a shelf under the reloading bench.

I keep two 38spl/357mag die sets together, two 40cal/10mm die sets to gather,
Two 44spl/44mad die sets together,

One set of dies set up for 38spl,
One set of dies set up for 357mag,

One set of dies set up for 40cal,
One set of dies set up for 10mm,

One set of dies set up for 44spl,
One set of dies set up for 44mag.

I also have crimp dies for all of my calibers that need to be crimped.
Right now I am using two single stage Hornady Lock n Load presses.

I resize in one press and then do the flare in the other press when I take the piece of brass out of the first press.

I set primers with either a hand priming tool or with the Lee bench prime.

I have for hand primers I use and have three or four extras.
one is set up for small pistol,
one is set up for large pistol,
one is set up small rifle,
One is set up for large rifle.

I have two of the Lee bench priming tools..
one is set up for small primers and the other is set up for large primers and I have extra primer trays and swap them out when switching from pistol primers to rifle primers.

Then switch the dies for seating and crimping.
I seat the bullets in the first press, that the cartridge out place it in the second press and crimp.
I goes a little faster.

I remodeled our shed, had a 100 Amp service put in.
I have a AC unit permanently installed and 220 electric wall heater with a thermostat.
I will be installing a small trash buner wood stove here shortly.

I will have thirty foot of reloading bench.
I have a bunch of presses set up out there. A Dillon 650, a Hornady AP progressive press,
A extra single-stage press, two Rcbs RockChucker presses (one with the screw in die plug and one with the Hornady Lock n Load adapter)
A Redding T-7 turret press,
I bought a cheap Lee kit, can't remember if it is a turret or a progressive press, I will set that up as well.
And I have a really cheap Lee single stage press to set up.
When people want to get into reloading they can try them all out and see what they like before buying their own press.
I have friends that will be coming over to do some loading as well.
I do a lot of reloading, I take my grandson shooting every weekend for a whole day from spring until the rain comes in the fall.
He shoots hundreds of cartridges every weekend.
We generally leave around 8 am and leave the pit when it starts to get dark in the evening.
Coke on ice and snacks and we are good for the day, on the way home we stop and buy some hot food.
When I get my progressive presses set up I will have to make up some storage racks for the tool heads.
Cross that bridge when I get to it.

I made a rack with 1/2" plywood shelves that have room for four die sets and are double stacked.
There arefor shelves si it holds 32 sets of dies. The ones I hardly ever use are stacked on a shelf under the reloading bench.

I keep two 38spl/357mag die sets together, two 40cal/10mm die sets to gather,
Two 44spl/44mad die sets together,

One set of dies set up for 38spl,
One set of dies set up for 357mag,

One set of dies set up for 40cal,
One set of dies set up for 10mm,

One set of dies set up for 44spl,
One set of dies set up for 44mag.

I also have crimp dies for all of my calibers that need to be crimped.
Right now I am using two single stage Hornady Lock n Load presses.

I resize in one press and then do the flare in the other press when I take the piece of brass out of the first press.

I set primers with either a hand priming tool or with the Lee bench prime.

I have for hand primers I use and have three or four extras.
one is set up for small pistol,
one is set up for large pistol,
one is set up small rifle,
One is set up for large rifle.

I have two of the Lee bench priming tools..
one is set up for small primers and the other is set up for large primers and I have extra primer trays and swap them out when switching from pistol primers to rifle primers.

Then switch the dies for seating and crimping.
I seat the bullets in the first press, that the cartridge out place it in the second press and crimp.
I goes a little faster.

I remodeled our shed, had a 100 Amp service put in.
I have a AC unit permanently installed and 220 electric wall heater with a thermostat.
I will be installing a small trash buner wood stove here shortly.

I will have thirty foot of reloading bench.
I have a bunch of presses set up out there. A Dillon 650, a Hornady AP progressive press,
A extra single-stage press, two Rcbs RockChucker presses (one with the screw in die plug and one with the Hornady Lock n Load adapter)
A Redding T-7 turret press,
I bought a cheap Lee kit, can't remember if it is a turret or a progressive press, I will set that up as well.
And I have a really cheap Lee single stage press to set up.
When people want to get into reloading they can try them all out and see what they like before buying their own press.
I have friends that will be coming over to do some loading as well.
I do a lot of reloading, I take my grandson shooting every weekend for a whole day from spring until the rain comes in the fall.
He shoots hundreds of cartridges every weekend.
We generally leave around 8 am and leave the pit when it starts to get dark in the evening.
Coke on ice and snacks and we are good for the day, on the way home we stop and buy some hot food.
When I get my progressive presses set up I will have to make up some storage racks for the tool heads.
Cross that bridge when I get to it.
That's a lot of nice gear!

I'm impressed by how many of you reload so many different cartridges! As for me, I store 9mm 5.56, and 308 dies on Dillon 550 tool heads, and the rest stored in their original boxes inside yet another box along with the boxes the tool head dies came in.

but the only one of those that really makes me wonder "whose big idea was this?" is the round plastic see-through container from Lee for my .480 Ruger.

I use a Lee classic turret press so the dies stay in their own turret and sit in the round red die containers. All I have to do is change turrets to change calibers they stay set so no need to adjust unless I change to a different bullet or something.
I've been aware for some time that the reason for round Lee die cases was the turret press thing. But I'd think that a minority of people who've bought Lee dies in the round cases actually use the turret press. Which was my situation. I went to the bother a few times to buy rectangular cases (not necessarily Lee brand) just so I could store the die sets all together more reasonably. I think it speaks volumes that for some time now, Lee has packaged their die sets in rectangular boxes vice the round ones.

Before I bought a Lyman lubrisizer, I used Lee push-through sizing dies, those likewise were all in round holders. They are a clever design, and I guess round makes the most sense for their function. But I didn't like them for storage purposes.

I'm impressed by how many of you reload so many different cartridges! As for me, I store 9mm 5.56, and 308 dies on Dillon 550 tool heads, and the rest stored in their original boxes inside yet another box along with the boxes the tool head dies came in.
I'm impressed with how organized most guys are! I have a lot of different hobbies and projects going on all at the same time and most of my schit's scattered, but I do have all of my dies in a plastic milk crate. It's a huge improvement from the way it used to be in my garage and I can get to them easily. I did recently find that I had a spare 550 tool head. I don't know what I'll put in it, but I know it will allow me to not disrupt the dies for my '06 when I decide.

I use the clear plastic shoe box size with a label on the end per caliber or task. For example I have a box labeled .270 win it has loading dies, a trim die, bullets, and once fired in my rifle only brass. I don't shoot my 270 much so as I do the brass gets put in the shoe box and then when I want to load some of that caliber every thing is in one place.
Ditto, Costco sells a (4) pack of clear bins with lids. I store dies, Lee FCD, One caliber load book and primed brass ready to load per caliber in individual bins with caliber labeled on ends and top.

Too many for drawers. Somewhere north of 80 sets.

CGxWtLs.jpg

Greg

I have a system. Some are in a desk drawer in the garage. Some are in reloading bins..
Some are on my reloading bench, and some are on shelves. The rest are just scattered around.:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top