JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a taurus .357 4" ported barrel in ti.... I love the gun, its my deep wood back upm gun, light weight, and packs plenty of punch for oregon.... it shoots high.... I have tested it and at 10 yards it consistantly shoots 4 inches high... so can a gunsmith fix this, its a rear frame notch, and front post??? not sure if its pinned or how its built didn't look yet.

Anyone have any ideas?

Generally I move the rear sight in the direction I want the groups to go...in your case you probably would want to just change the sight(s)...yeah a gunsmith can do it easily.

ok 1-1 so far ,,, any gunsmiths? ok update.. front sight is not removable, rear is cut notch in frame... in order to raise point of impact, front needs to be taller or rear needs to be deeper correct.....can this be done... can a bit be added to the front, or can the rear be cut deeper.. can the fron on this gun(ported on both side of the sight) be cut for a pinned sight?

Is the rear sight got a dovetail to it.Without seeing what you have my thought would be fixed front sight and rear dovetail which can be moved right or left,the front no.You would have to adjust your sight picture,or send it to someone who can replace the front sight with a new set that will fit your sight picture,that is a higher profile or lower profile sight.Has anyone else shot and does it do the same for them.If not try that to see if the sight IS the gun OR you..OR try lighter boolitz if ya need to lower the POI

Yes, the rear notch can be made deeper---but you also have to bring down the top of the rear notch,
as the top of the front sight needs to sit "deeper " in the rear when the top of the front is lined
of with the top of the rear.

Are you SURE the front isn't removable? I'm not familar with the Taurus---but a lot of S&W fixed
sight guns actually have replaceable fronts---held in place by a solid cross pin. Darned hard
to see, at a glance they look like it's all one piece.

All that said----try lighter bullets. If you are shooting 158's, try 125's or 110's. They will shoot
lower.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads