JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
there is a gun on the classifieds that I really want,..but it's in Oregon :(

am I right in thiking an oregon ffl AND a Wa ffl have to get involved to legally buy this private party gun? if so,too many fees to be worth it.

If i'm wrong...and that do happen..please enlighten me.

thanks !!

As far as handguns, they must go through an FFL in the buyers state, but the seller can either deliver it to the FFL personally, or have it shipped via acceptable means. They do not have to have an FFL in their state ship it (although this can "sometimes" be cheaper). In the end, the buyer has to do a 4473 at an FFL in their state.

FFL to FFL (01) can use USPS to ship handguns. Anybody else has to use a "common carrier" overnight...which gets expensive (over $30 last time I checked, sure it has gone up A LOT). That's why it might be cheaper to go from FFL to FFL. FFL using USPS can use one of those "one bag fits all" packages for cheap...

Long guns only.

Handguns MUST have an FFL on BOTH ends to be shipped.

I don't think that's accurate unless you are referring specifically to the US Postal Service, unless things have changed. But years ago, I used UPS to ship a pistol to an FFL in another state (I don't even recall what state it was), and I am not an FFL.

"A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by carrier to a resident of his or her own state or to a licensee in any state. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm and prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm. 18 U. S. C. 922( a)( 2)( A) and 922( e), 27 CFR 178.31"

Long guns only.

Handguns MUST have an FFL on BOTH ends to be shipped.

Nope this is not true. If you were to ship USPS, then yes, you need an FFL on both ends, but that is a shippers policy. To go fedex or UPS, it needs to go by air, but again this is just a courier policy to prevent the loss or theft of handguns, not a law.

Why don't you just call your local FFL transfer guy and ask him how he would want it done. I think the guy I use in town said it can go private party to him, but he needs to know who the seller is for his records.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top