JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I agree 100% with reduce and cut the fat out then work on further prospects and adherence. Also thank you for the input from a parents perspective and being on ground doing the diligence.

Always wondered why they considered over night security to be more plausible than during peak activity during the M-F 9 to 5 daily routine. I get vandalism needs to be kept minimal but it seems like a gross oversight compared to the meat and potatoes of a future generation. $18 an hour is specifically what i've seen offered for the over night roaming guards tho I do not know if it specifies if they are armed. Generally assume just a basic rent-a-cop cruiser walking a beat.

As for volunteer, I have a great article to support that claim and doubly agree it would also help with Veteran turn around transitions with applicable jobs coming back into the market from ETS. After Sandy Hook, Marine Father Stands Guard At Nashville Elementary School [Video] VERY RELATED.

I know I have brought this up before but I haven't really seen any clear answer or sourced material about local state public schools having a similar function to the Clery Act (which is primarily only for higher education such as universities and college) and it seems like something that would be a BIG benefit to the local communities.

At $18 / hr they are almost assuredly armed. Unarmed security seems to start at or near minimum wage, with a few exceptions I have seen. When I did contract security work, I got armed certified ASAP because armed jobs paid upto double unarmed jobs. Roving patrol/alarm response is almost always armed work due to the increased risk. And honestly, unarmed uniformed security is beyond retarded. Lets put someone in a police like uniform (painting them as a target) put them in a bad situation, but not give them any safety equipment. I had gigs where a flashlight and a phone were all I was allowed to carry. I kept a Glock in the glovebox of my car, or occasionally I borrowed the old man's .38 and carried it in my pocket.

Unarmed security should be plain clothes access control /alarm monitoring / non- interventionist, call for armed backup type work. Maybe I am a bit jaded, but Schitheads don't respect or fear a guy in a uniform without a gun. They will attack though.

I think armed school staff should be in low key uniforms - polo or button down dressy shirt, slacks or cargo pants. Not a cop like uniform, but probably wear a duty belt to carry their firearm in a level 3 security holster, less lethal tools (OC is pretty much enough for the job - not beating kids with a baton or zapping with a taser) IFAK/tq, and spare mags. It gives a less authoritarian look, while maintaining capability. Can't scare the kiddies, right :rolleyes:

At $18 / hr they are almost assuredly armed. Unarmed security seems to start at or near minimum wage, with a few exceptions I have seen. When I did contract security work, I got armed certified ASAP because armed jobs paid upto double unarmed jobs. Roving patrol/alarm response is almost always armed work due to the increased risk. And honestly, unarmed uniformed security is beyond retarded. Lets put someone in a police like uniform (painting them as a target) put them in a bad situation, but not give them any safety equipment. I had gigs where a flashlight and a phone were all I was allowed to carry. I kept a Glock in the glovebox of my car, or occasionally I borrowed the old man's .38 and carried it in my pocket.

Unarmed security should be plain clothes access control /alarm monitoring / non- interventionist, call for armed backup type work. Maybe I am a bit jaded, but Schitheads don't respect or fear a guy in a uniform without a gun. They will attack though.

I think armed school staff should be in low key uniforms - polo or button down dressy shirt, slacks or cargo pants. Not a cop like uniform, but probably wear a duty belt to carry their firearm in a level 3 security holster, less lethal tools (OC is pretty much enough for the job - not beating kids with a baton or zapping with a taser) IFAK/tq, and spare mags. It gives a less authoritarian look, while maintaining capability. Can't scare the kiddies, right :rolleyes:

You would be amazed at the double pay for being armed. We had a guy interview for a spot local from out of town who has an armed credential background and site but is NOT making at least $18 an hour.

Going with Armed experience I think it would also be greatly beneficial to have someone with some pretty solid experience in working both customer service related fields and someone whose got that grit in dealing with various walks of folks so he can easily profile and spot to make better the reporting feature i've seen mentioned from others before. All this while remaining low key like you've described.

Almost like we are asking for spies? hahaha.

ARMED or not for 18 bucks a hour I will stand at my neice and nephew high School front door all day long on my days off from my other job hell I would do it for nothing on my days off but GEUSS WHAT I can't do it every day I have off and THRY WON'T LET ME .
SO a few years ago they had a thing up here CALLED the watch dog volunteer program .
It was a group of dad's that would take shifts at the local middle School on there days off .I couldn't do it because I didn't have a kid at the school but my brother in-law did it .
All it was is few dad's if they had the time they went to the school a few hours or days a week what ever they could do .and just help out with patrol the school watch the kids at lunch or break time .but it went away !
Why because not enough dad's wanted to take 4 hours out of there week to spend the time at there kids school mmmmmm

I mean how serious are we about this problem .
We all know the police can't be every where !
I know what it's like to lose a child but I can't imagine what would happen if I lost my daughter to a crazy kid that should not have been able to get a gun or even get in the school parking lot .this is a crazy sickness that will just get worse .
The only progress I see from the so called PROGRESSIVES IS IN THE WRONG DIRECTION

Not funny this guy coward in the corner when kids where getting shot and killed not funny not a joke COWARDS are cowards .
I HOPE THIS GUY PUTS A GUN IN HIS MOUTH AND PULLS THE TRIGGER

So Colts4me yesterday you started one of your post with .
I know a lot of you don't like me but im right lol
Now you going to make a joke about a coward hehehe funny funny funny .
That guy was a coward plain and simple .
And your little imogie funny thing puts you on the same level as him . enjoy your laugh . funny I wonder why people don't like you

That Parkland cop's retirement is what $104,455. per year or $8794. per month, that would breakdown to $54.40 an hour... That's just the retirement side, not knowing what he was making when full time.

The money can be there, it's just not wanted by Politicians because the platform calls for the guns...

Every time one of these mass murder events occurs at a school we hear people asking what can we do to prevent this. Many of the anti-gun people fall back on the reduction of the availability of firearms as the main answer to this question. I disagree but I don't have the expertise to identify other surefire solutions. Does anybody want to share ideas on what schools can do to reduce the chances of this occurring at schools in your area.

Simple.
There are plenty of retired individuals who would volunteer in shifts watching over our schools. I'm sure some would take pay as well. The solution is easier than you think.

People protect:
  • Money (some financial institutions) - with guns
  • Congress - with guns
  • The President - with guns
  • Actors - with guns
  • The Pope - with guns
  • Foreign leaders - with guns
  • Military bases - with guns
  • Armored cars - with guns
Why would we not protect our youth? Maybe same reason why we have revolving doors on abortion clinics. It's not about the kids, it's about the money and staying in power.

Commonality of ever school shooting is the shooter goes to school. He is bullied into revenge in the school social structure and kills because he is a victim. We don't need more guards, we need better schools that stop the bullies. Quit creating killers and the shootings stop.

Yep maybe Colts4me and FOAMCUPS AND A FEW OTHER UNDRCOVER LIBS ON HERE CAN START THERE OWN WEBSITE TO SOLVE ALL THE PROBLEMS .lot of suspects here .
HEHEH vote for Bernie and I love Hillary boys on here now the true colors are coming out .

Commonality of ever school shooting is the shooter goes to school. He is bullied into revenge in the school social structure and kills because he is a victim. We don't need more guards, we need better schools that stop the bullies. Quit creating killers and the shootings stop.
Sissy kids is a fact if this lib B.S. every one gets a trophy that has evolved over the past 15 or 20 year's kids that cry when there mom says no .
And they sit at home playing video games that they kill kill kill and when they get KILLED they hit a restart botton .
Then they go into the real world and try it and some kid PUNCH THEM IN THE FACE .
NEXT DAY THEY KILL EVERY ONE THEY CAN .
NO THANKS BRO I DON'T BUY IT KID MAKES A THREAT ONLINE OR IN PERSON PUT HIS A$$ in handcuffs

I don't buy the bully B.S. just like I don't buy the me too movement or the black lives matter b.S.
So I will start with the bully garbage if you're being bullied learn to fight problem solved .but kids these days loose there minds when someone talks bad on social media .
Give me a break .my daughter was six years old when she got bullied on the school bus .
Me and her mom told her the same thing .
THEY CAN CALL YOU NAMES OR WHAT EVER .
BUT IF THEY PUT HANDS ON YOU PUNCH THEM IN THE FACE .A WEEK LATER PROBLEM SOLVED .lol we had to drive our daughter to and from school she was not allowed on the bus because she punch a girl in the face mmmmmm

Video games parents these days have no idea what these games are like just a baby sitter for them GET OUT IF HERE GO TO YOUR ROOM PLAY YOUR GAME LEAVE ME ALONE .MMMMM WHY DID YOU HAVE KIDS YOU F@#$_&-+ WHORE EXCEPT TO EXTORT MONEY FROM SOME GUY

The law enforcement these poor guy show up at the house if someone calling them for help but can't do there job because it's just a kid having a temper tamptrum lol give me a break slap the cuffs on this little bastard take him to jail and leave his A$$ there for a week .
He will be begging his MOMMY TO COME GET HIM

Drug addicts well you all know how I feel about drug addicts THE CRABS GOTTA EAT TOO
WE HAVE A GIANT PACIFIC FULL OF FISH THAT WILL EAT THE SKIN FLESH AND IN SOME CASES THE BONES OF THIS SCURGE ON SOCIETY

Now me to movement joke from the get go no means no right.
Unless you're a whore then spred your legs make millions of dollars and 10 or20 years later cry rape B.S.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top