JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Every time one of these mass murder events occurs at a school we hear people asking what can we do to prevent this. Many of the anti-gun people fall back on the reduction of the availability of firearms as the main answer to this question. I disagree but I don't have the expertise to identify other surefire solutions. Does anybody want to share ideas on what schools can do to reduce the chances of this occurring at schools in your area.

Every time one of these mass murder events occurs at a school we hear people asking what can we do to prevent this. Many of the anti-gun people fall back on the reduction of the availability of firearms as the main answer to this question. I disagree but I don't have the expertise to identify other surefire solutions. Does anybody want to share ideas on what schools can do to reduce the chances of this occurring at schools in your area.

The answer is dead simple, the left does not want a solution. When was the last time you heard of a "mass shooting" at say a sporting event? Wonder why? "Mass shootings" only happen in "gun free zones". The left does not want to stop this so they scream when anyone suggests protecting the kids.

The answer is dead simple, the left does not want a solution. When was the last time you heard of a "mass shooting" at say a sporting event? Wonder why? "Mass shootings" only happen in "gun free zones". The left does not want to stop this so they scream when anyone suggests protecting the kids.
The students may want solutions, I would like solutions.

First realize no one can truly control other humans. If we could, there would be no crime.

Second, controlled access points into the school could be immediately implemented, but they are not. So when obvious, common sense solutions are not immediately initiated it leads me to believe (1) those who would make that call are a bunch of bubbleguming incompetent morons or, (2) they truly do not give a bubblegum.

Pretty sad when a data center like Amazon, Facebook or Apple install as standard practice, elegant controlled access points to protect replaceable hardware but school administrators are too stupid to do the same when it comes to irreplaceable human beings.

First realize no one can truly control other humans. If we could, there would be no crime.

Second, controlled access points into the school could be immediately implemented, but they are not. So when obvious, common sense solutions are not immediately initiated it leads me to believe (1) those who would make that call are a bunch of bubbleguming incompetent morons or, (2) they truly do not give a bubblegum.

Pretty sad when a data center like Amazon, Facebook or Apple install as standard practice, elegant controlled access points to protect replaceable hardware but school administrators are too stupid to do the same when it comes to irreplaceable human beings.
I went to an assembly at my son's high school recently and I can tell you that there were numerous doors unlocked and nobody was checking the people coming in. There was a sign directing people to the main office to check in and get a name label. That gym was packed with parents and students, it would have been like fish in a barrel for a bad actor. I agree with the controlled access.

The students don't get to decide. Many of them listen to the propaganda spoon fed them by teachers and join marches saying "Ban all guns". Being young and ignorant many of them probably think this would be a workable solution. Most of the people feeding them this crap know full well it's crap but, they have an agenda and the kids are useful idiots as a famous dictator put it.

I went to an assembly at my son's high school recently and I can tell you that there were numerous doors unlocked and nobody was checking the people coming in. There was a sign directing people to the main office to check in and get a name label. That gym was packed with parents and students, it would have been like fish in a barrel for a bad actor. I agree with the controlled access.

Controlled access will help but only if it's enforced with a gun. One of those early School shooting the shooter arrived to find locked doors. It slowed him down long enough to shoot through, so seconds. If there is no gun on the other side of the "controlled entrance" it's no more than a "no guns" sign.

1. enforce existing laws
  2. outlaw gun free zones
  3. arm and train staff who choose to participate
  4. give schools authority to hire returning vets as guards
  5. stop indoctrinating students and educate them instead
  6. stop giving out participation trophies so students can understand that self respect is earned and not awarded

Controlled access will help but only if it's enforced with a gun. One of those early School shooting the shooter arrived to find locked doors. It slowed him down long enough to shoot through, so seconds. If there is no gun on the other side of the "controlled entrance" it's no more than a "no guns" sign.
I am all for armed guards at every entrance but good luck finding the money for it. Maybe they could reinforce and alarm the less used and emergency doors. That might allow them to get by with less armed guards but I agree armed guards are necessary at main and frequently used entrances.

I am all for armed guards at every entrance but good luck finding the money for it. Maybe they could reinforce and alarm the less used and emergency doors. That might allow them to get by with less armed guards but I agree armed guards are necessary at main and frequently used entrances.

Oregon threw away half a BILLION dollars on a web site that didn't work and plans for a bridge that didn't get built. Why do we have money for this BS but not to protect our kids?

Do you ever go to a sporting event? If so look and see if there is an armed guard at every possible entrance, there is not. Schools do not need to be crawling with armed guards. They just need some. Every time this happens it plays out the same. The shooter is shooting fish in a barrel until Police arrive. Often when the Police arrive they are ordered to set up outside so shooter has even more time. Only solution that will work is some good guns in there. The kook who shot up that club in FL first tried to go to a Disney park. They have him on camera hiding guns in a baby carriage. Then he saw he would have to get past armed guys at the gate. So he started googling clubs. The "news" of course chooses to never mention this.

Is there anything in place for state and local level K-12 schools like the Clery Act
Clery Center

I am not familiar in this area but was curious if public schools (not higher education) have a similar function?.

"The Clery Act is a consumer protection law that aims to provide transparency around campus crime policy and statistics.

In order to comply with Clery Act requirements, colleges and universities must understand what the law entails, where their responsibilities lie, and what they can do to actively foster campus safety."

Full text vers https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2014-10-20/pdf/2014-24284.pdf#page=33

Put age restrictions on social media, and conduct BGC's with rigid mental health evaluations. I'll bet 90% of these shooters were cyber bullied or given access to hateful material that warped their mind into violence. Doesn't matter if 99.9% of users are responsible and get joy from their use, social media can dilute the mind into violence.

Think of how many suicides will be prevented as well!

We have to restrict access to social media for the sake of our children. Only trained professionals should use social media.

Put age restrictions on social media, and conduct BGC's with rigid mental health evaluations. I'll bet 90% of these shooters were cyber bullied or given access to hateful material that warped their mind into violence. Doesn't matter if 99.9% of users are responsible and get joy from their use, social media can dilute the mind into violence.

Think of how many suicides will be prevented as well!

We have to restrict access to social media for the sake of our children. Only trained professionals should use social media.

Agreed. Social media and limitless internet access is destroying the human race.

We can't.

I truly believe wholeheartedly, that the biggest contributing factor is the big media blowout over any incident like this. Add on to that, social media, and we have instant fame/infamy for anyone who does anything in the USA that will propel them onto/into the media circus.

We can't roll that back now. Even if we took every gun away from everybody, they would just use a vehicle or a knife or a bomb or a baseball bat or spray people with poison or whatever.

The media will never give up their habit of making a huge circus of everything and anything, and it is our fault because we eat it up (by "our" I mean the US populace).

In short, humans will be humans - there is no real hope for us. :rolleyes: It will only get worse.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top