JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've got too many and no heirs that have interest in guns.
I haven't posted pics as we all know they are needed in ads, lest someone posts; this ad is Worthless without pics.
Most of these guns are as they came from the factory. There are tons of pics from the manufacturing Companies.
What to do.
Is there an estate buyer any of you or your friends have used.
Ideas?

Make a list of what you have for sale would be my first bit of advice, then potential buyers can start asking questions.

I have a couple suggestions but it kind of depends on the type of firearms you have and how many. Many gun shops do consignment or may buy the lot flat out depending on how many and what they are. Consignment isn't necessarily the best route for getting full monetary value but if you are just trying to get rid of them that is a good option.

A friend of mine inherited literally hundreds of guns when his father passed away. Many of them were collectible, rare, full-auto (if I remember correctly he even had an MG42), etc. He hired some high-profile firearms appraiser/gun-dealer-to-the-stars out of Montana to come down to his father's house and deal with all of it. I believe the man appraised them then bought them all flat out. I can't remeber the name of the outfit but I will inquire about it if you'd like.

Like @308 said above, just making a list of what you have will help. There are a few people on this forum that are collectors who will buy estates if the guns are of collector value. And don't be dissuaded by the "worthless without pics" comments; pictures are helpful but not required. If you have something a person is seriously interested in, especially if it is rare/collectible, they will contact you for further information.

If all of that fails, I'm adoptable!! :D:p;)

The first three are Rugers:
SR9c
SR40c
GP100 44Special (returned to me by factory after frame defect repair)<25rnds
I know this is not the Classifieds so my dollar amounts will be dealt with there.

consignment in a shop might be a good way to avoid the meetup/inspection by strangers hassle. I guess there's no other way than a "try".

I find the adoption suggestions hilarious. Gun trust, and anyone you want to transfer too is added to the trust.

It saddens me when elderly have a lifetime of memoribilia and the kids don't want to help out. Not to say your kids are putzes, but your guns are a part of your life.

Perhaps there are members here who may want to help with photographing, valuation, etc.
I suggest this because of the following:
  • If some are collectible, that's where you get your value.
  • If some are low end, or beaters, or marginal value, you may want to consider making the effort to find a good kid or firearm training program like KidSafe to give them to. There is not nearly enough mentoring in the shooting sports, and fostering some kid may yield the next Jerry Miculek.
As I have gotten older, I've pondered this a lot: all of us here need to think about building a legacy of firearms that extends to the community. As society degenerates, we need to keep a flame going where the values of safety, integrity, honor and trust are imbued in kids.

I'm happy to take photos for you, there are others here who are much better at assessing value
Good luck.

Well, for the most cadh value, selling them yourself is the best bet, but will be time consuming. And you can't have strangers come to your house to buy anymore, all legal transfers have to go through a licensed dealer thanks to the turds in Salem.

Least hassle, get a dealer to come take a look at your collection, appraise, and sell to them if they will but, or take a few guns at a time in and sell them.

Or you can will them to non relatives or extended family. They don't necessarily have to go to your kids.

Sorry your heirs don't like guns. :(

Does Molino = Mulino? If so you are close to several forum members, one of which may be willing to take the pictures for you in a postable format.

Even if you didn't have the ability to get them on your computer they could be emailed or sent to you in a PM so you could copy and paste them to your ad.

I'll be facing the same situation at some point. My step kids have learned to respect the law the hard way so I can't pass any of mine along.

Last Edited:
The first three are Rugers:
SR9c
SR40c
GP100 44Special (returned to me by factory after frame defect repair)<25rnds
I know this is not the Classifieds so my dollar amounts will be dealt with there.

consignment in a shop might be a good way to avoid the meetup/inspection by strangers hassle. I guess there's no other way than a "try".
Please be careful when putting guns up for consignment. Only go with a solid business that you know isn't holding on by a thread. We like to think dealers are honest, but we did have a local dealer declare bankruptcy a few years back. Rather than do the right thing and give back the firearms to the people with guns on consignment, they closed their doors and kept the guns. That left them to be sold or dealt with by the bankruptcy trustee. I'm not sure how that ended up being resolved, but I remember some people lost their firearms with little recourse to get them back. Just be sure of whom you're dealing with.

My experience with consignment left a bad taste in my mouth. If he had followed the agreement, it would have been OK. He ended up selling it for what he could get just before the agreement ran out and threw in an extra magazine for free that I had listed for $25. I was just about ready to go pick it up when he called to say it was sold (several days after the agreement expired). I would have never sold that gun for what I ended up getting out of the deal - I didn't need the money. I will never do business with him again.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top