JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Problem is, what your hour of time is worth depends on whether business interests have been allowed to have all the illegal aliens they want. Where the border was controlled and only legal and reasonable migration is allowed, your hour of time would be worth a lot more than it is now. Likewise, if American business is allowed to ship jobs to places where they are filled by slave labor, then allowed to ship the slave produced goods back and be sold on the American market , that free trade policy is actually importing the values of slavery into US. American business has been doing this and worse for decades now. Inflation adjusted wages in many jobs have stagnated for decades. The US economy has expanded hugely, and nearly all of the increase has gone to business owners. In addition, jobs have become more demanding. Employers expect you to be on call 24/7. Making it hard to have any sort of life or raise your kids. Basically the jobs have got worse and worse. And the internet has opened up many ways for people to start small businesses that bring in some money and allow them to work from home.
This is what happens when the only factor guiding a society is profit maximization.

Plus.....
Amendment XIII (1865)
Section 1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.
Section 2. Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

13th Amendment. There's that. And that is a large part of why these two people went for "hard on crime" stances...

Joseph Biden for his part of the 1994 Crime Bill which introduced mandatory sentencing policies, and Kamala Harris who has been on record for increasing mandatory sentencing in her State of California.

Prison labor.
Essentially slave labor from prisons.

Edit. There were some fact finding that found that prisoners who had "jobs" in prisons were paid very low "wages" which really only meant privilieges of getting stuff while in prison, and why we had a lot of prison labor camps back in the day... and lots of states use prison labor for many things

Maybe people have realized that 1 hour of their time is worth more than $10. Afterall you'll be spending more time at a job than awake at home living your life. It also seems like these days there are a LOT of bad employers out there who bully their employees and dont even follow the marginal amount of employment laws in this country.

Oh yeah and also, being unemployed does not automatically make you poor, or a bad person, or worth less.

Having a savings account pays off.
Worthless scumbags are.. worthless.

RE : $10 an hour and OR homeless.

Generally speaking.....
A min wage job is usually seen as a "starter job".
You work and gain skills. Maybe, you're even going to school while working.
As time goes on.....you get better at your job and hopefully you move up.
Or.....
Seeking better/more opportunities......
With a degree or not.
Maybe you might change your career path entirely.
Or maybe, you might start your own business.

Mostly though.....
It's up to you to progress.

In other words.....
Don't expect to raise a family or buy that McMansion on min wage.

Just my $0.02 on that subject.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
From my experience...

I was paid a starting wage of $12 a hour, roughly, for 36 hours a week... doing the following.
Medical adminstration
Caretaking
Taking clients out into the world
Preparing meals
Documenting the medical adminstration
Documenting everything, behavior, social, mental, everything
As a Direct Support Professional/Personnel for special needs adults...

And then... I was paid $12 a hour to do the following, for 20 hours a week or so..

Inventory
Assist bike mechanic
Documenting the inventory
Pricing for sales
Ebay sale pages
Shop cleanup
Cleaning display bicycles
Organizing the shop displays
Repairs and air filling of tires and wheels
Tool inventory

And I was also paid $12 a hour or more, for 40 hours a week...

Breaking steel parts out of sheets from laser cutting tables
Deburring parts
Bringing parts to the benders

Of these...the bike shop and fabrication shops were all lower stress and better job satisfaction compared to Direct Support Personnel.

This was from 2016-2018ish.

$12.50 hr first 8 hours, then $15 a hour afterwards, 2019, stopped in 2020 due to covid :rolleyes:

Stage set up
Stage take down
Moving stage pieces and parts
Part time on call.

I'm not denying the fact that min wage are SUPPOSED to be to leatn and gain expierience, however, an employer wont pay more than what he has to. Its called Profit Maximization. Okay if we are going off of a family of 4. Lets say you have 2 kids, a son and a daughter. You need a 3 bedroom apartment and you make 15/h. Its not liveable. At all. If you even qualify for a 3bdroom since those are upwards of 1800/mo and you still gotta eat. You are supposed to spend 30% of your income on rent but smart business people turned this around saying you have to make 3 times what the rent is ;).

I'm not disagreeing that you can definately move up but thats not guaranteed and very hard to do.

I take issue in someone saying you're scum just because you don't work. And someone judging peoples worth by their money and or job is so ignorant its not even funny. Work dont define who you are or if you're a good person.

I don't work. I don't receive unemployment and I have health conditions that make it difficult to find work. I raised 3 Kids with disabilities while my wife has the working expierience. Calling me scum deserves a punch in the nose because you have NO idea what that life is like. And even living in a low income place the rent is outragous and we barely make it with a 20$/h job. So dont come at me with this worthless scum bullbubblegum.

You should see what most employers are paying for a Class-B or even Class-A CDL driver, and we wonder why we are having so many supply issues, and WHY there are no decent drivers anymore, or companies cannot find any quality drivers!

I'm not denying the fact that min wage are SUPPOSED to be to leatn and gain expierience, however, an employer wont pay more than what he has to. Its called Profit Maximization. Okay if we are going off of a family of 4. Lets say you have 2 kids, a son and a daughter. You need a 3 bedroom apartment and you make 15/h. Its not liveable. At all. If you even qualify for a 3bdroom since those are upwards of 1800/mo and you still gotta eat. You are supposed to spend 30% of your income on rent but smart business people turned this around saying you have to make 3 times what the rent is ;).

I'm not disagreeing that you can definately move up but thats not guaranteed and very hard to do.
In Hawaii, many people/families don't just depend on one job to make ends meet.

So the question is...."How many jobs you got?"

But really.....
Speaking about Hawaii. The Dems have made it very profitable for families to collect from the Govt. It sort of ensures that they get re-elected year after year.

Aloha, Mark

Wife works 3 jobs and I am helping her with the 2 additional ones. Still barely making it. Living in oregon has really become very expensive. Part of one job is setting up corporate housing. Meaning, you set up apartments for rich people from california and the east coast that get transfered to oregon. The company pays the rent, the tenants have no idea, rent gets skyrocketed for the average joe because it raises the median. I feel like its digging your own grave. I feel morally wrong doing this but it gives us some extra money to barely pay the bills.

Last Edited:
On the flip side... market rent for a 3 bedroom at my complex, according to the paperwork is $859/ month under the Federal Rural Housing program..in "rural" Monmouth, Oregon... whereas in Albany, Oregon, the studio we moved out of, was corrected to Fed HUD program's market rent of $895/ month because its in urban city :s0001: the 2 bedroom we are renting, is $711/ month market rent, and the 1 bedrooms are supposed to be $711 as well, but may actually be cheaper. We just qualified for Rural Housing Assistance, so rent is less. They do have upper income limits to qualify since they're managed as part of the Federal Rural Housing Assistance program. They also have minimum occupancy limits.. for example, obviously,.1 bedroom apts must have 1 person, but max of 3 (2 per bedroom +1 ), 2 bedrooms, minimum 2, max of 5, 3 bedrooms, 3 minimum, max of 7.

Edit. Wife and I are on SS Disability, but kid also gets SSI as dependent of disabled parents, we were barely able to afford the rent here, without the rent assistance, but I do side gigs and resales with my brother so that helps a lot.

On the flip side... market rent for a 3 bedroom at my complex, according to the paperwork is $859/ month under the Federal Rural Housing program..in "rural" Monmouth, Oregon... whereas in Albany, Oregon, the studio we moved out of, was corrected to Fed HUD program's market rent of $895/ month because its in urban city :s0001: the 2 bedroom we are renting, is $711/ month market rent, and the 1 bedrooms are supposed to be $711 as well, but may actually be cheaper. We just qualified for Rural Housing Assistance, so rent is less. They do have upper income limits to qualify since they're managed as part of the Federal Rural Housing Assistance program. They also have minimum occupancy limits.. for example, obviously,.1 bedroom apts must have 1 person, but max of 3 (2 per bedroom +1 ), 2 bedrooms, minimum 2, max of 5, 3 bedrooms, 3 minimum, max of 7.
We live in a low income place and the limit for 5 people in a 3bd is $65k/year. 65k!!!! You're considered below poverty with 3 kids and a 65$k income a year. Something is wrong there.

We have a neighbor that has 3 cars.. jeep srt, new charger daytona hemi and a mustang convertible. Living in poverty housing because the meridian income is apperantly that high.

Market value for the 3 bedroom is 1800 and we pay 1300. Plus, its a dingy crap place... we want to move to WA but can't find anything affordable. We wanted to purchase a manufactured home and got denied a loan because on paper we cant afford 1300/mo. Its all screwed up man

You don't want to know what it costs to rent in Hawaii. But this isn't a contest about who is in the worst shape. And, Yes....people can move. For Hawaii residents, that's an even more expensive issue.

So then......

"What is the Answer?"

Aloha, Mark

You don't want to know what it's costs to rent in Hawaii. But this isn't about a contest about who is in the worst shape. And, Yes....people can move. For Hawaii residents, that's an even more expensive issue.

So then......

"What is the Answer?"

Aloha, Mark

Aloha, Mark
I'm interested. 1200sqf 3 bedroom. Whats something like that cost in hawaii? 🤣

I'm interested. 1200sqf 3 bedroom. Whats something like that cost in hawaii? 🤣

LOL....
When I left Hawaii in 2005. I was paying about $1100 for a one bedroom apt. in the middle part of Oahu.

If you really want to know about a 3 bedroom. I suggest that you make A LOT MORE MONEY before you even dream about asking. WAIT, Wait, wait.....let me help.....

Aloha, Mark

LOL....
When I left Hawaii in 2005. I was paying about $1100 for a one bedroom apt. in the middle part of Oahu.

If you really want to know about a 3 bedroom. I suggest that you make A LOT MORE MONEY before you even dream about asking. WAIT, Wait, wait.....let me help.....

Aloha, Mark
Holy moly. Barely above Beavertons prices but waaay nicer lol

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews