JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, I honestly expect the 2nd Amendment right for individuals to go away in a couple of years. The next Supreme Court Justice will be chosen by Hillary Clinton, and the anti gun crowd will then really push to get a challenge to the previous 2nd Amendment ruling before the court.

While the previous 5-4 ruling went in our favor, one still needs to remember that there were 4 justices who said that there was no 2nd Amendment right for individuals in our country.

sad but true. SYG, Castle Laws.... will be the least of gun-rights concerns to talk about in the next 4 years...

I'm a teacher and the parents can carry into the school with a CHL, but I can't. Legally I could, but could be fired if discovered.

No-gun signs do NOT carry the force of law. If a property owner catches you and asks you to leave, you have to, but you aren't breaking any laws by passing a gun-ban sign with your concealed heater.
I don't teach, but my wife does and I show up to help in the classroom from time to time.
Carry every day. Nobody cares because nobody knows.
I wish more schools would let teachers carry. Shove them all through a weekend of training first and such. Don't want untrained persons waving a gun around a school even if their intentions are good, but I wish it was an option in more places.
St. Helens School District I think it was offered to send teachers to class and allow them to carry. Way to go if what you really wanna do is keep the kids safe and it's cheaper than having a SRO.

First off, it might be considered an insult to compare the majority of the state as anything like Florida. JMPO. The very few really big cities, some problems. But living in the country, which most of this state is, it's one of the safest places in the country. For both cops and civilians. I'd hate to compare our local cops with the same brush as is used on youTube in the never ending line-up of death of innocents.

Cops and guns in Oregon?

Oregon - 20+ armed outsiders with an agenda, armed to the teeth, take over a federal wildlife refuge in Rural Oregon. After well over a month of the standoff, one of the outsiders is dead. The take over is over.

Some other states, Never mind, I won't refer to any one incident in the recent news of events, far less dangerous and challenging, where local law enforcement didn't take time to remedy the problem without apparent justification for the killing.

There are certain states that my family and our autistic son would never consider moving too. Again, we moved to a great state where we can feel safe from almost all possible threats. Not all, but a boat load less safety issues from within.

I've been curious as to how people felt about the bundy incident up here....

Florida was good to go for sbrs and cans for HD....nothing really fancy about it, just a logical solution to a common problem, being muzzle blast, flash, and maneuverability. I dont fall for the joe biden "just get a shotgun and light off two blasts" routine. I guess that's what happens in red states. To be honest, I think during a HD situation, the last thing on my mind would be "oh man, this is going to be expensive to get out of the bonded warehouse of extortion". I'm more concerned about "oh man, I hope I'm breathing when this is over", but hey, what do I know right? If a gun gets tossed in a warehouse and goes to hell in a handbag, whatever, I'm alive.

Bring the best tool for the job.
I meant if you were involved in a self-defense shooting. I'm all for SBR's SBS's suppressors and whatever.

As a current resident of FLA. we love visiting our kids and grandkids in Bend and Redmond but with the current political situation in OR. theres no way I would live there. I remember living in CA in the 60's to 80's and saw how fast the climate changed because of all the libtards moving in. Now its already happened in OR and is happening here in FL with the knuckle heads from up north. Just watch the election this year and see the future of your gun rights. It only took about 25 years in CA. to take a 180. Times they are a changing. Be aware those $hitheads are like rust. They never sleep!!!

I've been curious as to how people felt about the bundy incident up here....

Strictly regarding the militia movement and the occupation, I think there is a mixed reaction. Very passionate discussion. Feelings seem to depend a lot on where the comments are coming from... Non-2A folks in Portland are very much agin it and in the rural areas you hear from a lot of supporters.

The Finicum shooting brings a mixed reaction in the rural areas too. IMO Looking at the video and hearing opinions doesn't bring a firm basis for deciding. I read the after action LEO report and believe it to be true... but a lot of conspiracy fanciers say ALL the officers lied, not just the two FBI shooters.

Maybe you can search for the threads or someone can refer back to them?

Strictly regarding the militia movement and the occupation, I think there is a mixed reaction. Very passionate discussion. Feelings seem to depend a lot on where the comments are coming from... Non-2A folks in Portland are very much agin it and in the rural areas you hear from a lot of supporters.

The Finicum shooting brings a mixed reaction in the rural areas too. IMO Looking at the video and hearing opinions doesn't bring a firm basis for deciding. I read the after action LEO report and believe it to be true... but a lot of conspiracy fanciers say ALL the officers lied, not just the two FBI shooters.

Maybe you can search for the threads or someone can refer back to them?

I trust the feds about as far as they can be thrown, and judging by the bloated gov size in the days of late, that isn't very far. Its the same fbi that aided clinton in deleting her emails.

They've lost any credibility in my eyes. Just another set of jack booted thugs hellbent on....whatever their agenda is.

I trust the feds about as far as they can be thrown

My old man got into some trouble a couple years ago, one of the agents on the Malheur case also worked his case. Obviously I was advised to not talk too much with the feds but every interaction I had was professional. The impression I left with was that these are very "by the book" people, and I trust them to follow the laws.

Its the same fbi that aided clinton in deleting her emails.

Oddly enough, I also spent a great deal of time running email servers for Fortune 500s, including managing "legal discovery" tools for searching through email servers in a reliable and audit-able manner. In my opinion, deleting those emails so thoroughly and completely is really difficult to accomplish, and that to me is a red-flag that it may have been a crime. I don't wish to speculate on what really happened, but would have loved an investigation since it's quite relevant to my work.

Its the same fbi that aided clinton in deleting her emails.

That is a bunch of conspiracy theory nonsense that you appear to have swallowed whole and believe.

The FBI did not assist Clinton in deleting her emails. In fact, most of the agents and attorneys involved in the huge investigation that was done wanted charges to be brought against her.

The decision to not prosecute her was a top down decision. It came from way high up. In fact, it is today's top news story:

Fbi, Doj Roiled By Comey, Lynch Decision To Let Clinton Slide By On Emails, Says Insider

That is a bunch of conspiracy theory nonsense that you appear to have swallowed whole and believe.

The FBI did not assist Clinton in deleting her emails. In fact, most of the agents and attorneys involved in the huge investigation that was done wanted charges to be brought against her. We operate like a banana republic as of late. Sad state of affairs.

The decision to not prosecute her was a top down decision. It came from way high up. In fact, it is today's top news story:

Fbi, Doj Roiled By Comey, Lynch Decision To Let Clinton Slide By On Emails, Says Insider

Seeing how the feds handled it, dragged their feet, blacked out half the documents, offered immunity to people that otherwise would have done jail time, etc....is it so hard to believe?

It's been a fix. I'm pumped to see what assange has to release next. That entire little clintonian empire is as corrupt as they come.

For most people, they brush it off as the "feds being feds", sketchy, secretive, and politicized, and are content with it....as it's becoming standard procedure.

For me...I've lost faith entirely. Their "oath" as of late is dictated by the brass...and they don't hold much stock in the constitution unless its suits whatever case they are on. Treating it like a rubber stamp.

Love this country....as for our gov....they are a shadow of their former selves, and should be ashamed for what they've become.

I trust the feds about as far as they can be thrown, and judging by the bloated gov size in the days of late, that isn't very far. Its the same fbi that aided clinton in deleting her emails.

They've lost any credibility in my eyes. Just another set of jack booted thugs hellbent on....whatever their agenda is.

FYI... there were only two FBI shooters on the team that day. Mostly it was state and county law enforcement. It was a stater that dropped Finicum. One of the FBI guys said he didn't fire his weapon and the other backed him up. And they got caught.

It doesn't much matter what LE department we talk about. It's unfair to paint the whole lot as bad. At times, feds are right on. Few and far between, but it happens.

Don't expect either of the clowns running to restore any faith in the feds. There was only one chance, he dropped out.

On the other hand, both are going to get exactly what they have wanted. A total melt down of this country. However, we are the idiots that allowed this to happen. Can't blame it on Millennial's, they weren't born when this decline started.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top