JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Florida, by happenstance or provenance has a little place in my heart by being the first state to go "normal".. by my recollection.
Or, as normal as things can be in Florida. Used to make it down there twice a year for Bike Week and Biketoberfest and the locals (around Daytona at least) kinda reminded me of Val and Earl from Tremors.

Or, as normal as things can be in Florida. Used to make it down there twice a year for Bike Week and Biketoberfest and the locals (around Daytona at least) kinda reminded me of Val and Earl from Tremors.
True. They started "it" because "it" wasn't normal.. something to do with Cuba I think.
worked out pretty good all told

a) After saving your family keep your mouth mostly shut. "Officer, I'm the one who called you. That man on the ground attacked me. His knife fell under that car. Those two people over there are witnesses. I want and will cooperate with you fully but I'd like a chance to calm down and talk to my attorney before talking further." Then shut up until you talk to your attorney. You never know when you're going to get a liberal DA trying to make a name for himself.

Sounds like straight from Massad Ayoob? ;)

This is all reminding me of new england before the other proverbial shoe hit the floor.

I'm going on the record stating that we need to start an organization similar to what they have in ny, ma, ca, etc (anti states) to fight back BEFORE we are on the full defense against the ropes. Right now, based on what I've been reading, we are at the weigh in stage of the fight. SAF does great work, but they are spread thin on a good day. Local fights start with local orgs.

This is all reminding me of new england before the other proverbial shoe hit the floor.

I'm going on the record stating that we need to start an organization similar to what they have in ny, ma, ca, etc (anti states) to fight back BEFORE we are on the full defense against the ropes. Right now, based on what I've been reading, we are at the weigh in stage of the fight. SAF does great work, but they are spread thin on a good day. Local fights start with local orgs.

The problem here is simply one of numbers. There are far too many brainwashed anti gunners than there are informed, gun owning citizens. Why do you think California has gone the way it has.

The problem here is simply one of numbers. There are far too many brainwashed anti gunners than there are informed, gun owning citizens.

Same deal in MA. Comm2a has kept them at bay for a while now...and that's Massachusetts. They invented the libtard anti.

I'm not aware of any local state unions, just things like Gun Owners of America, NRA, National Association for Gun Rights, etc

*edit*
Just found this too
Category:Gun rights advocacy groups in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

About us - Commonwealth Second Amendment, Inc. (comm2a.org)

That's what we have in MA.

I suggest everyone take a good look. Oregon is my home now, and I see patterns I've seen before. Maybe preemptive measures might be a good thing.

I don't know about Oregon but in most states, expect your fancy NFA gun to be confiscated until it's no longer needed for evidence (or longer). Don't expect them to clean it, lube it and store it in a cool, dry place either.

I don't know about Oregon but in most states, expect your fancy NFA gun to be confiscated until it's no longer needed for evidence (or longer). Don't expect them to clean it, lube it and store it in a cool, dry place either.

Florida was good to go for sbrs and cans for HD....nothing really fancy about it, just a logical solution to a common problem, being muzzle blast, flash, and maneuverability. I dont fall for the joe biden "just get a shotgun and light off two blasts" routine. I guess that's what happens in red states. To be honest, I think during a HD situation, the last thing on my mind would be "oh man, this is going to be expensive to get out of the bonded warehouse of extortion". I'm more concerned about "oh man, I hope I'm breathing when this is over", but hey, what do I know right? If a gun gets tossed in a warehouse and goes to hell in a handbag, whatever, I'm alive.

Bring the best tool for the job.

I'm a teacher and the parents can carry into the school with a CHL, but I can't. Legally I could, but could be fired if discovered.
Your secret is safe with me. Seriously. I'm a huge proponent of teachers being allowed to carry concealed, not that there is anyone voting on it... its just ridiculous that our children are so unprotected in the name of "common sense".

Your secret is safe with me. Seriously. I'm a huge proponent of teachers being allowed to carry concealed, not that there is anyone voting on it... its just ridiculous that our children are so unprotected in the name of "common sense".

They are the first, last, and only line of defense for kids. It should be standard procedure at this point. How it's even up for debate is absolutely insane.

They are the first, last, and only line of defense for kids. It should be standard procedure at this point. How it's even up for debate is absolutely insane.
I'm trying to recall... but I think a few years ago someone in one of our schools in a more rural area (Was it St. Helens maybe...) tried to get their school district to allow teachers to carry and people came unglued with the idea. Nothing became of it..

yeah, its insanity.

So long as the weapon is legal, it doesn't matter
Stick to the off the shelf, factory boxed ammo and you'll be fine. If you use reloads, save them for the range. Reloads for home defense or carry could bring legal issues.
However, talk to an attorney. Your mileage may vary.
Cheers.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads