JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have the oportunity to purchase either one right now (small window to do so).
Pros and cons of each?
I know the HK is more iconic but the MPX has some nice newer style features.
Both have braces avail (unless bobo takes them away from us)

MPX is less expensive of course
sgpmpx-4b-9_2_hr.jpg
HK has proven reliability..
SP5-1800x1600_L.jpg

Any opinions?

Last Edited:

Problem with the HK is the seller wants about 1200 more then anyone else is asking and when I was like "whats up with that?" they ignore me. It is new and from a page I buy things from but that is price gouging for sure, but if this is my only chance... :oops:

I have both, the MPX-K Gen2 and a SP5K, they are both great for different reasons. I would go with the MPX if you plan on using it for home defense or a "truck gun" because it's a bit more practical and modernized with AR style controls, last round bolt hold open, etc.. I would go with the MP5 if you just want a fun range gun, or if you plan on shooting it exclusively suppressed as the MPX has quite a bit of gas blowback while running suppressed. If you want a third option (to make things more difficult) the B&T APC series are great guns and the APC9K variant has been chosen as the sub gun of both the Army and Air Force.

Problem with the HK is the seller wants about 1200 more then anyone else is asking and when I was like "whats up with that?" they ignore me.
I would not buy from him on principle.

Don't know about the rest of you, but I am tired of people acting like they're doing me a favor when I am paying them.

I have both, the MPX-K Gen2 and a SP5K, they are both great for different reasons. I would go with the MPX if you plan on using it for home defense or a "truck gun" because it's a bit more practical and modernized with AR style controls, last round bolt hold open, etc.. I would go with the MP5 if you just want a fun range gun, or if you plan on shooting it exclusively suppressed as the MPX has quite a bit of gas blowback while running suppressed. If you want a third option (to make things more difficult) the B&T APC series are great guns and the APC9K variant has been chosen as the sub gun of both the Army and Air Force.
I will check it out... thanks. :s0073:

MPX hands down. Only thing you get with the HK is the cult membership hallpass.

If I had the cash, Mp5 or similar variants.
But thats because its iconic and Ive always wanted one. Market support for those is huge right now. Furniture and mags are very abundant.

MPX would probably give you less issues. The roller lock system can really cheese you off if its not working right. Basically they become fancy single shots. Its why I sold ALL my roller lock rifles a long while back but now am getting back into them. However when up and running they are great. I was simply impatient back then.

Im on team poor and tricked out a Cobray M11 clone (MPA30) so Im in that ghetto camp.

Iv shot both and probably biased because the hk is mine but they don't even even compare in my opinion. Hk is my absolute favorite of everything I have. Reliability and accuracy are incredible. Cleaned it for the first time after over 5k rounds and that was because I started feeling bad. 0 malfunctions and suppressed the whole time. Only downside is cost and availability

Don't laugh! But I am going to have to be that guy....

Get neither; instead, get a Stribog and change the lower for Scorpion style mags with your choice of AR lowers parts and the gun will run like a champ (at least the gen 2 do). The only reason Stribog got some bad reviews was because of the proprietary mags failing.

Or, get a CZ Scorpion and deck it out.

You can achieve both options for far less than the cost of HK membership or the SIG. Just think of all the times SIG screwed up with the MPX, even now, they still do not like to fix their goods. The Scorpion and Stribog are said to be better suppressor host over the MPX.

Neither... if you want something that is small and can hold a bunch of rounds, have tacticool addages, use it for cqb etc... just get a pistol 300 BO or Draco... if you just want to be different then get whatever makes you happy... 9mm is still just 9mm and for size and weight one of the others that I mentioned are better

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top