Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

'Heroic' Nisqually River rescue saves man's life

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Sun195, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

Notice the t-shirt one of these guys is wearing:

100606_river_rescue.jpg

Full story here. Good job, whoever it was.

2. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

I don't know what it says. Enlighten me.

3. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

"Molon Labe" - a phrase often used by RKBA folks. I'm assuming he's a gun owner, rather than someone who's just really into Greek history...

4. bugeye

bugeye Oregon Well-Known Member

I had to look up RKBA ans this is what I found posted by RKBA on the Daily Kos;
    "
    by R K B A
    Share this on Twitter - RKBA: Thursday Thu Jun 03, 2010 at 09:10:54 PM PDT
    RKBA is a DKos group of second amendment supporters who also have progressive and liberal values. We don't think that being a liberal means one has to be anti-gun. Some of us are extreme in our second amendment views (no licensing, no restrictions on small arms) and some of us are more moderate (licensing, restrictions on small arms.) Moderate or extreme, we hold one common belief: more gun control equals lost elections. We don't want a repeat of 1994. We are an inclusive group: if you see the Second Amendment as safeguarding our right to keep and bear arms individually, then come join us in our conversation. If you are against the right to keep and bear arms, come join our conversation. We look forward to seeing you, as long as you engage in a civil discussion. RKBA stands for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
    "

Another similar group that is active locally is the "Blue Steel Democrats".

Though I wish I had some idea how to pronounce the classical Greek Molon Labe, the pronunciation guide had more odd ball characters in it than a Tim Burton movie.

5. ZeroRing

ZeroRing 26th District, WA Active Member

GREAT story, even better outcome!! :thumbup:

6. Celtic Armory

Celtic Armory Port Orchard, WA Member

The classical pronunciation should be something like Mow-lawn Law-bay or Law-bvay. RKBA is simply Right to Keep and Bear Arms.