JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
SA in 40. Sig has a reasonable polymer pistol, but I feel that the SA is tried and true with respect to polymer pistols. A Glock 23 is, IMHO the only comparable pistol to the SA. 40 for SD though I don't find to to be a great target round. Regardless, I am sure that a SIG will not disappoint.

I would choose neither because I dont like the way either feel in my hand.

When choosing pick the one that feels best to you. The one that naturally comes up to point of aim for you. The one that makes you feel just right.

Is there a good place to buy on the west side of portland? I have a few hours tomorrow that I wanted to kill and maybe pick up a firearm. I have about $450 and it's burnin a hole in the pocket!

Is there a good place to buy on the west side of portland? I have a few hours tomorrow that I wanted to kill and maybe pick up a firearm. I have about $450 and it's burnin a hole in the pocket!

Friend, first try a WTB ad on this forum and you may save yourself enough for some practice ammo...or wait for the frequent ad for a SA XD to show up....

I can't give advice on the guns because I don't own any. I'll give you my opinion on calibers because I shoot both and like both rounds. I practice more with the 9mm. I've got almost 4 times the amount of 9mm through the G22 than .40 because it is cheaper (conversion barrel). I have enough troubles with my body that a day of shooting .40 would not be pleasant but 9mm is a real nice round. Good for practice and they make excellent defensive rounds. I don't want to give up the .40 so that is why I purposely went with a weapon that will easily convert to shooting both. My Wife likes the 9mm, not so much the .40.

Good luck,
Mike

I would pick the SP2022 over the XD, I found the felt recoil is about the same on both, but I prefer da/sa semi autos over striker fired. It really just boils down to which one suits you the best, not just a bunch of random guys on the internet. My needs/wants for a carry gun will be much different than someone else's. Good luck on your quest, I don't think you'll go wrong with either one.

CJM

I don't own either, but I'd be inclined toward the Sig. I've fondled and leered at both. Obviously there's no reason to pay any attention to my post, but let us know what you decide. I'll be curious to know what you choose.

It's a toss up. I like the way XD's handle and shoot, but prefer the DA/SA of the Sig. Get the one that gives you the warm and fuzzy feeling.

Thanks for the replys all, It's a moot point. The place I was going to buy ran out of 2022's and even though it was still advertised on their website, no longer was honoring the deal on xd's.

I ended up going to the gunbroker in tigard and buying a used Taurus pt140 for 309 out the door. I liked the feel, pretty sure I've shot the pt111 and remember liking it. The price was decent and it left me enough money to buy a small safe (which SWMBO required in order to return home to a house with 2 children 6 and under).

Plenty of money left over for required items such as ammo, cleaning supplies and a nice dinner for my wife and I. All in all, a good day!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top