JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought a bag of these rounds a while back for quite a bit and I can't find who makes them. I haven't seen them in stores. I need help:oops:, thanks

20160710_230836.jpg 20160710_230856.jpg 20160710_231915.jpg

Chinese 7.62x39mm. Standard AK/SKS milsurp Norinco round. Copper washed steel casing, steel core. Factory 9121 (don't ask where, no one knows) made in 1977.

You'll never find them in stores, Chinese weapons/ammo imports were banned decades ago. :(

Being as current AK/SKS ammo averages .22 - .30 a round depending on the qua ties you buy, that Chinese Norico ammo is actually considered a collectors item (not really to me though) and it's pricing is purely subjective to the market demand. You should conduct a google search and see what others are making sales for.

At least you now know what you have and can start an informed search! ;)

Thanks. I will definitely look around and see. I think there is a gun show coming to Lynden soon so maybe I will see what they have there. Again, thanks for all of your time and fast responses.

Those look like some we shot up by the case years ago. IF the projectile is magnetic, you have something there- something that might be useful at some point. We used to shoot the crap out of old car bodies.. the '60's type American cars that were almost bullet-resistant to 5.56 193 ammo.

I will grab a magnet off of the fridge and see what happens

I havent seen that stuff in awhile- it was fun to shoot- often the bullet would come apart when striking a hard object- the penetrator would keep going after stripping the jacket. Pretty sure it's the same stuff from the look of it. Stuff would make sparks when it hit hard rocks.. we did a lot of shooting around dusk at old mine tipples.

I recognized that ammo right away. I got a bunch when I bought my SKS 20+ years ago. Seems to be decent ammo, but as already stated, you're not likely to find it any longer unless someone sells some in the classifieds.

That's M43 ammo. It's going to be magnetic all the way around. The case is copper-washed steel (thin copper plating), and the bullet has a copper plated steel jacket with a mild steel core.

It was banned from importation long before Chinese ammo in general, because it's considered armor-piercing handgun ammunition. In reality it's neither armor piercing nor intended for a handgun, but that's the criteria the ATF used to stop it's importation. It has a soft steel or iron core which they technically consider AP, and the first time someone made an AR pistol in that caliber they jumped all over it.

So, it's the legal status as "armor-piercing" and the fact that it's "banned" that make it more desirable and valuable to some (not to me). It actually is pretty good shooting ammo as I recall, though it is corrosive primed. It's banned from importation, but it is legal to own and shoot. I have a bunch of original Soviet M43 from the '50s around here somewhere. For ammo old enough to get the senior discount, it still shoots great.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top