JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Got a chuckle from the cited sources in the first graphic. Mother Jones and "cherry picked" progressive legal cases aren't what I would call a well reasoned independent foundation for policy. Instead it is merely politics with their position supported by their aligned cronies.

The progressive circle jerk.

I remember speaking at a hearing in Oregon when they proposed banning CCW at schools

Room full of regular people in opposition...

The in favor of crowd consisted of the police chief, the DA, some other city government lackey... Teachers union reps and a couple of PTA...

What a joke. I suspect this hearing for 1068 will be no different.

Looks good, Comrade. HB-1069 is Hitler Approved
?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmemecrunch.com%2Fmeme%2F1XPV8%2Fhitler-approved%2Fimage.jpg

While we are quoting from the Reich...

"To attract people, to win over people to that which I have realised as being true, that is called propaganda. In the beginning there is the understanding, this understanding uses propaganda as a tool to find those men, that shall turn understanding into politics. Success is the important thing. Propaganda is not a matter for average minds, but rather a matter for practitioners. It is not supposed to be lovely or theoretically correct. I do not care if I give wonderful, aesthetically elegant speeches, or speak so that women cry. The point of a political speech is to persuade people of what we think right. I speak differently in the provinces than I do in Berlin, and when I speak in Bayreuth, I say different things from what I say in the Pharus Hall. That is a matter of practice, not of theory. We do not want to be a movement of a few straw brains, but rather a movement that can conquer the broad masses. Propaganda should be popular, not intellectually pleasing. It is not the task of propaganda to discover intellectual truths. Those are found in other circumstances, I find them when thinking at my desk, but not in the meeting hall."

"The best propaganda is that which, as it were, works invisibly, penetrates the whole of life without the public having any knowledge of the propagandistic initiative."

220px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-1968-101-20A%2C_Joseph_Goebbels.jpg
Paul Joseph Goebbels (29 October 18971 May 1945) was Adolf Hitler's Propaganda Minister in Nazi Germany.

While we are quoting from the Reich...

"To attract people, to win over people to that which I have realised as being true, that is called propaganda. In the beginning there is the understanding, this understanding uses propaganda as a tool to find those men, that shall turn understanding into politics. Success is the important thing. Propaganda is not a matter for average minds, but rather a matter for practitioners. It is not supposed to be lovely or theoretically correct. I do not care if I give wonderful, aesthetically elegant speeches, or speak so that women cry. The point of a political speech is to persuade people of what we think right. I speak differently in the provinces than I do in Berlin, and when I speak in Bayreuth, I say different things from what I say in the Pharus Hall. That is a matter of practice, not of theory. We do not want to be a movement of a few straw brains, but rather a movement that can conquer the broad masses. Propaganda should be popular, not intellectually pleasing. It is not the task of propaganda to discover intellectual truths. Those are found in other circumstances, I find them when thinking at my desk, but not in the meeting hall."

"The best propaganda is that which, as it were, works invisibly, penetrates the whole of life without the public having any knowledge of the propagandistic initiative."

View attachment 532993
Paul Joseph Goebbels (29 October 18971 May 1945) was Adolf Hitler's Propaganda Minister in Nazi Germany.

Yep, is and amazing platform that works extremely well.
Because people want passion not truth, they wanted charisma, not morality.
They want power and influences, not Justice and honor. You present this illusion, and one
will succeed !

Once, just once, I'd like to see laws passed that were pointed at the folks who do wrong, rather than the people that pay attention to and follow the rules. Criminals and mentally disturbed people aren't going to follow new laws, simple as that. With the number of firearms and standard capacity magazines in the hands of the people, availability won't be an issue for those willing to break the law. There are plenty of laws already, if they were prosecuted. Prosecute straw purchases, prosecute felon in possession, prosecute possession of a stolen firearm, prosecute "lie and try" on 4473's....to the FULL extent of the law. No plea deals, no screwing around. That would be an excellent start.

I can hope.......

In case anyone missed this gem from the AG's office
View attachment 532828
View attachment 532829

So in other words, 43 states are more correctly infringing less when it comes to ARs...wouldn't that be like a 86% majority?? Hmm...

And Uber powerful 5.56 ballistics? You do realize 5.56 is a big step down in power compared previous military calibers like the .308 and .30-06...which just happen to be some of the most common calibers of reasonable hunting rifles...you see where that's going right??:rolleyes:

Bottom line is there's no rest...EVERY law abiding gun owner needs to find another gear and legally work towards keeping these misguided efforts from becoming law.

Boss

So in other words, 43 states are more correctly infringing less when it comes to ARs...wouldn't that be like a 86% majority?? Hmm...

And Uber powerful 5.56 ballistics? You do realize 5.56 is a big step down in power compared previous military calibers like the .308 and .30-06...which just happen to be some of the most common calibers of reasonable hunting rifles...you see where that's going right??:rolleyes:

Bottom line is there's no rest...EVERY law abiding gun owner needs to find another gear and legally work towards keeping these misguided efforts from becoming law.

Boss

Make it sound scary now... get it banned.... nevermind that AR can come in a dozen different calibers:rolleyes:

Then once that is done... Mr Fudd.... your elk rifle is too powerful... i mean, really... its can kill an 800 pound animal 700 yards away! NO ONE needs that kind of power. You can HUNT with other things. Why, thats practically a sniper rifle! NO ONE NEEDS A SNIPER RIFLE

and on and on down the rabbit hole....

Australias gun ban is open ended, with new things being added to the prohibited list by an unelected, unaccountable panel of 'experts'
new things are added to the list all the time. Pump shotguns were done on the first wave... so a company imported lever action shotguns (which looked pretty cool) but the panel decided that they could be "fired too rapidly" and they were banned.

THAT is our future.

B
I dont think that there will be any registration... I didnt read anything like that in the bill.

It is just going to be illegal to sell them or ship them into the state after a certain date. Proof of ownership if you are found with them, thats another story.... not sure how you do that?

Without registration, proof of ownership is impossible.
I have magazines from 40 years ago. I don't have receipts.
GD effing politicians.

There is also the fact of you read the text of the bill, that high capacity magazines must not be loaded and locked in a separate storage container as well so that we if any SHTF situation happens if you are traveling on the road. You will need to unlock your locked storage container and load rounds in them before you are ready to go.

http://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2019-20/Pdf/Bills/House Bills/1068.pdf

It is on page 8 of the current PDF file that I attached a link to.

I guess if this bill passes I would need to buy some 10 round magazines since they apparently do not need to unloaded and locked up.

Yeah to hell with that garbage. Sorry officer, these are 10 rd beowolf mags that just happen to be loaded with 30 rds of 5.56! They identify as 10 round magazines!

We will have to get loud, be seen...

I think you can have two minutes at the public hearings. If they even have one:rolleyes:
Write out your speech and time it to two minutes. Look presentable and deliver with conviction.

Maybe a demonstration outside before and after the hearing?
And of course at local offices whenever possible.

THIS is the only thing we can do right now... hammer them with the 1st amendment... make some noise, get some media attention and put out a unified message against this stuff...

Of course we should probably start a thread once things progress so WE can coordinate what goes on... to have that unified message. We have to beat these animals at their own game... try to anyway.

How many times did Ghandi get his head kicked in before he changed hearts and minds of the British?

THIS IS A CIVIL RIGHTS STRUGGLE.

We need to do the same.

Fight propaganda with propaganda.....

But how?

The source of the propaganda needs to be exposed. The blind devotion to American media is astonishing. We, as a whole demand so little accountability. CNN should be drummed out of existence for their brand of reporting. NPR is barely a shadow of itself just 4-5years ago.

I think the public at large would have to admit they were duped or they are stupid, if they agree they were taken in by the media lies. They aren't prepared to do that so they continue to go hard with the propaganda even though facts are readily available.

There is only 1 peaceful way this goes away. These power-hungry elected cowards need to understand that their livelihood is in jeopardy. The only way that is going to happen is if the D voters get on board the freedom train.
The simple math shows that D voters pick the winners. If they can be progressive enough to see that freedom is more important than "safety", 2A might have a fighting chance. Not sure how to get the party of enlightened acceptance to make that shift.

Besides fighting this stupid law every way I can, I'm going to take all my mags and take photos of them (in piles). Then I'm going to assemble the photos in a document, and get that document dated and notarized.....and locked back up in my safe with my Form 4's and other important documents. My bank will notarize documents for us for free, and even if you have to pay for it, it's not that expensive. For hardware with no serial number, I don't know any better way to protect yourself legally. Other than fighting like hell to get this stupid law defeated before it gets started.

There is only 1 peaceful way this goes away. These power-hungry elected cowards need to understand that their livelihood is in jeopardy. The only way that is going to happen is if the D voters get on board the freedom train.
The simple math shows that D voters pick the winners. If they can be progressive enough to see that freedom is more important than "safety", 2A might have a fighting chance. Not sure how to get the party of enlightened acceptance to make that shift.

Unlikely to happen. The extremist want to flat out abolish the 2A. The moderates think control/registration/to an outright ban of anything beyond 'grandpa's deer rifle' or a revolver is 'reasonable' (cuz nobody needs the newly designated 'semi-auto assault rifles with more than 3 rds. to hunt deer').

The opposition may be massively firearms ignorant, but when it comes to enacting policy it is far from stupid. Directly, this is about enacting policy/laws, which is manipulating public opinion, and they're good at it.
It's what they do for a living.
All they have to do is cloak/bookend it with 'safety' and 'for the children' and many otherwise normal folks go 'oh, that sounds good (especially since it doesn't affect me directly). With no small amount of mental conditioning involved...get people 'used to the idea' and then lead them where you want them to go.

As posted previously, several things are needed. The NRA/Gun Owners would do well to work hard to be more inclusive and positively improve their public image. Normal folks generally don't enact laws that take away from themselves particularly if they haven't done anything wrong.

The NRA/we have been smeared/vilified. We're thrown in with the same lot as those that commit horrendous crimes (the NRA has blood on its hands!!). This means reaching out...coordinate state-wide free range/safety training days, toy drives (imagine if the NRA members had donated $10K worth of toys to Toys for Tots last week)...etc. Yes, that means many range members are going to have to stop being so isolationist (MY range!).

SAF/WAC/GOA/NRA (particularly the WSRPA) need to get coordinated, on the same page, and have their folks that do this full time start burning the midnight oil to get things going. Particularly keeping LEO opposition to these new laws (like 1639) at the forefront of the public. A LARGE peaceful weekend rally that working folks can attend might be a good idea indeed. But they have to take up much more prominent leadership role (completely separate from their donation solicitations).

Stepping up social media (which sure seems to be a lot harder than sounds for some reason as folks with those platform skills certainly aren't volunteering much). Folks need to write their legislators. They may not reply, but thousands of letters coming in won't go unnoticed.

Boys and girls, we need to get out of 'echo chambers' more. For every minute you're on here talking to this small group of folks, you should be spending time reaching out and spreading the word to others (ranges, friends, family, etc). A pro-2A t-shirt on the weekends can start conversations.

We sure could use 4-8 LOCAL, energic folks with living-wage salaries to do this full time...gunshop to gunshop, range to range, match to match, etc. (that's the stage we're at).

Probably not a bad idea to go back at what the folks pushing 1639 said during the campaign...how they sold it as being all 'reasonable' and 'nobody was trying to take away anything' and show that in the light of what is now being proposed and how the public was duped.

Donate: Yes, donate. Pass up on a box of ammo or a few lattes and donate to a 2A organization. Attorneys cost big $$...'nuff said.

Plus probably a few other things...

And we have to *hope* that the SCOTUS will eventually rule in our favor.

BOSS

Very well said, Boss. A thinking libertarian buddy of mine used to always say "...when they come for our constitutional rights, they'll do it in the name of 'safety'. They'll say, 'my god man, you're not against safety, are you...??'..."

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top